It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Do you mind sending some links to what other schools do when they have a player enroll early? Or some sort of research since you seem to have a great grasp on it....

And regardless of what other schools do or don't do, it isn't stupid. We all understand what class Lander is in from a recruiting perspective, but when we talk about CAM failing at recruiting the '21 class it's an incredibly important piece of context that he had a 5-star player commit in that class enroll a year early. 

If you're opposed to CAM, is your case against him really that weak that you have to twist reality to fit your narrative? What's wrong with having an honest assessment? 

Kentucky has had early enrollees the last several years as do many other schools. This year they have multiple. That’s just one example but you don’t hear people saying they are part of next years UK class. I don’t blame CAM’s recruiting per say. I blame who he targets at times when the team has certain needs that still haven’t been filled. My issues are more who he plays and his X’s and O’s aren’t the greatest. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Kentucky has had early enrollees the last several years as do many other schools. This year they have multiple. That’s just one example but you don’t hear people saying they are part of next years UK class. I don’t blame CAM’s recruiting per say. I blame who he targets at times when the team has certain needs that still haven’t been filled. My issues are more who he plays and his X’s and O’s aren’t the greatest. 

I don't really talk to Kentucky fans often about recruiting, but they have a completely different model than we do. If that's your baseline for comparison then I'll use your words and say,"that's stupid". 

Why is it that this problem with effort continues to come up time and again. It’s year 4 under CAM. That shouldn’t be happening. People said it’s because they were Crean guys before. Well what the problem now. At some point it’s on the coach. He chooses who plays and he’s in charge of getting them ready to play. 

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The only decision I question was sticking with Armaan. Beside that, what other decision(s) did you think we're bad?

You absolutely have to extend that game when we were down 3 against the worst shooting free throw team in the big ten.  There were 40 seconds left and basically IU got one possession at the end and that one didn’t matter.  Make them continue to make free throws like Iowa did IU Thursday and not giving Jordan any run earlier in the game I thought was a mistake.

Just now, Indiana8585 said:

Not playing Geronimo earlier 

He played. Maybe not enough, but he did play. 

I have to say, his play and Khristian's play were 2 really bright spots for us.

At the end, you want your experience in there. But I have a feeling it won't be long until those kids we have will be in the pressure situations.

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Why is it that this problem with effort continues to come up time and again. It’s year 4 under CAM. That shouldn’t be happening. People said it’s because they were Crean guys before. Well what the problem now. At some point it’s on the coach. He chooses who plays and he’s in charge of getting them ready to play. 

This is my biggest issue.  Their body language is that of someone’s who doesn’t want to play.  I said earlier that TJD not running back on defense was his tribute to Justin Smith I guess.  That aggravates the heck out of me.  He’s not the only one but he’s suppose to be the “star”.  

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

You absolutely have to extend that game when we were down 3 against the worst shooting free throw team in the big ten.  There were 40 seconds left and basically IU got one possession at the end and that one didn’t matter.  Make them continue to make free throws like Iowa did IU Thursday and not giving Jordan any run earlier in the game I thought was a mistake.

Not sure about what point, specifically, you're taking about...

If you're down 3 (one possession) with more than 50 seconds on the clock why would you foul? Get a stop and you have time to tie it.

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Meh. The players didn't play with toughness, that's on them. 

I never felt it was my coaches job to coax me into playing hard. 

But when they don’t they need to be held accountable and they continually aren’t.  They are kids and still learning but you have to teach them in ways that will stick.  I’m a firm believer in bench riding teaches lessons.  I like that he did that to TJD in the first half. I thought he should’ve done it again in the second half.  

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Fouling, down 3 with 40 seconds left you start fouling the worst free throw shooting team in the big ten to get more possessions 

If you're down 3 (one possession) with more than 40 seconds on the clock why would you foul? Get a stop and you have time to tie it.

Even a 50% FT shooter can ice the game if he fulfills his average...

Archived