It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

21 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Agreed.  I really don't think our roster is all that talented if you think about it.

I think many of our fans have overestimated the talent on this team. I think it's why so many have convinced themselves that lack of consistent effort is our biggest problem. Effort isn't why we lost to Texas. Our recruiting since the OG/Morgan/Bryant class has been average at best. We get a Mr. Basketball winner and some dudes ranked below 100. Minus the Mr. Basketball winner, it's the kind of roster you'd see at a place like Dayton. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

I think many of our fans have overestimated the talent on this team. I think it's why so many have convinced themselves that lack of consistent effort is our biggest problem. Effort isn't why we lost to Texas. Our recruiting since the OG/Morgan/Bryant class has been average at best. We get a Mr. Basketball winner and some dudes ranked below 100. Minus the Mr. Basketball winner, it's the kind of roster you'd see at a place like Dayton. 

Agree. Watching the Wisky/OSU game yesterday, OSU has a lot more talent

If we had recruits with the rankings listed above and they were from Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, or any other state than Indiana, we wouldn’t blow them up so much. But because they are from Indiana we exaggerate our expectations in the name of inside out and locking down the boarders. We think kids are better than their rankings because of where they are from. 

Don’t get me wrong, I like them all. 

12 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

That OG, Morgan and Bryant class was not a highly ranked class

28 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Somebody posted last week that our last 3 classes were ranked 2, 6, and 2 in the BIG.  Now we are not getting UK level talent, but we are recruiting in the upper half of our league.

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

Somebody posted last week that our last 3 classes were ranked 2, 6, and 2 in the BIG.  Now we are not getting UK level talent, but we are recruiting in the upper half of our league.

Maybe that says more about the other teams recruiting in the league.  Until UM and the 21 class the big ten had not been bringing in elite recruits.

Looking at the talent level in the Big 10 compared to conference record, Michigan State and Maryland are under-performing (we slightly are) and Wisconsin, Iowa, and Purdue are over-performing .  The rest of the conference, while not a exact correlation, is about where they should be according to their talent level.  Michigan and Illinois have some of the highest ranked recruits and are 1 and 3 in the conference.  Archie, has to bring in more talent.  We should not have the same # of 100 recruits as Northwestern.  If we are one of the blue blood programs, we should be able to recruit at the level Michigan and Illinois are.  

team RSCI top 100 rsci top 50 KenPom B10 Win %
illinois 4 4 7 0.67
Michigan State 9 3 44 0.33
michigan 5 2 3 0.89
maryland 5 1 41 0.33
Indiana 3 1 24 0.44
Ohio State 1 1 12 0.60
rutgers 1 1 41 0.40
iowa 3 0 4 0.75
northwestern 3 0 71 0.30
purdue 2 0 29 0.60
wisconsin 1 0 11 0.67
minnesota 0 0 30 0.44
Penn State 0 0 46 0.29
nebraska 0 0 123 0.00

37 minutes ago, EvilleHoosier said:

Looking at the talent level in the Big 10 compared to conference record, Michigan State and Maryland are under-performing (we slightly are) and Wisconsin, Iowa, and Purdue are over-performing .  The rest of the conference, while not a exact correlation, is about where they should be according to their talent level.  Michigan and Illinois have some of the highest ranked recruits and are 1 and 3 in the conference.  Archie, has to bring in more talent.  We should not have the same # of 100 recruits as Northwestern.  If we are one of the blue blood programs, we should be able to recruit at the level Michigan and Illinois are.  

illinois 4 4 7 0.67
michigan 5 2 3 0.89
maryland 5 1 41 0.33
Indiana 3 1 24 0.44
Ohio State 1 1 12 0.60
rutgers 1 1 41 0.40
iowa 3 0 4 0.75
northwestern 3 0 71 0.30
purdue 2 0 29 0.60
wisconsin 1 0 11 0.67
minnesota 0 0 30 0.44
Penn State 0 0 46 0.29
nebraska 0 0 123 0.00

Is this:

1) Him really focusing on kids from the state and maybe missing out on more talented kids elsewhere?

2) Evaluating kids who would make a great team at Dayton and not necessarily the B1G?

3) Maybe can’t get the best kids or isn’t the best evaluator?

This freshman class seems like they will be extremely solid and most of them are 4 year guys. 

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

With the buyout I would say yes

Man, I just don't see how you can have a losing year in year 4 anywhere.  I get there is a buyout but good grief, does the school even care anymore?

I just watched Tennessee introduce Danny White(not the Dallas QB)as their new AD from Central Florida. That would have been a great hire.

I'm a firm believer that a coach has a big hand in a team's motivation. There's a reason we have had very few poor showings from our football team. Those kids will do anything for Allen, and we come to play every game.

The lack of consistent effort and motivation of our basketball team is really startling. The inconsistency happening for 3.5 straight years screams major troubles to me.

1 hour ago, EvilleHoosier said:

illinois 4 4 7 0.67
michigan 5 2 3 0.89
maryland 5 1 41 0.33
Indiana 3 1 24 0.44
Ohio State 1 1 12 0.60
rutgers 1 1 41 0.40
iowa 3 0 4 0.75
northwestern 3 0 71 0.30
purdue 2 0 29 0.60
wisconsin 1 0 11 0.67
minnesota 0 0 30 0.44
Penn State 0 0 46 0.29
nebraska 0 0 123 0.00

Archie’s model from day 1 has been - “get old and stay old”.  Look at Wisconsin and Iowa ... that philosophy works.   I know we all want to see it play out faster, but next year will be the telling year if TJD comes back. 

Archived