It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

2 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Archie’s model from day 1 has been - “get old and stay old”.  Look at Wisconsin and Iowa ... that philosophy works.   I know we all want to see it play out faster, but next year will be the telling year if TJD comes back. 

And if TJD doesn’t come back?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would’ve ever thought 25 years ago that we would have IU ranked in football, baseball, and women’s basketball but men’s basketball isn’t anywhere close to that.  I would’ve laughed in your face had you told me that in 1995-1996.  Sad times as Hoosier Men’s Basketball fans.  I left out soccer because they are always good.

16 hours ago, Bustout said:

Is this:

1) Him really focusing on kids from the state and maybe missing out on more talented kids elsewhere?Doubtful. I don't think any of his misses are from prioritizing an in-state kid over an out of state miss. 

2) Evaluating kids who would make a great team at Dayton and not necessarily the B1G?I would hope not. If that's the case he/we're in big trouble. 

3) Maybe can’t get the best kids or isn’t the best evaluator?Out the 3 this is the one I would give most credence to. The best kids aren't choosing us for several reasons. Excluding the ones we barely got or weren't involved with and just looking at recent misses the glaring common issues to me are role, style of play, and getting to NBA asap (Kaufman, Miller, Brooks). Not sure about talent evaluation, but I like the guys he's brought in but some of the transfers out (Anderson over Henry especially) would have to be deemed evaluation misses.

This freshman class seems like they will be extremely solid and most of them are 4 year guys. 

My guesses in bold...

1 hour ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

I am so tired of the inconsistency. You can't beat a Top 5 ranked Iowa team on the road and then come home and lose to Rutgers and blame the talent level. This is a coaching issue. 

I hate the thought of jettisoning a coach after 4 years, but if inconsistency and effort are still an issue in year 4, who else is at fault? 

We all are.  I honestly thought Iowa was the turning point for this season and quite possibly Archie’s tenure.  

Unless they basically lose out though, I think he’ll be back next year. 

3 minutes ago, Bustout said:

We all are.  I honestly thought Iowa was the turning point for this season and quite possibly Archie’s tenure.  

Unless they basically lose out though, I think he’ll be back next year. 

Unless he quits no one is paying that buy out, he will be back next season.

I kind of view it this way. If someone finishes 5th place in a marathon running a 2:30:00, but then 3 years later they finish 9th but run it in a 2:20:00, is that really worse? I’m not thrilled IU is finishing in the lower half of the big ten and the inconsistency is really frustrating to watch, but the team is improving every single year, even though it’s slow. This overreaction in both directions by the fan base is honestly pretty unappealing to be attached to. We should be frustrated by a loss to Rutgers at home, and we should be excited by a win at #4 Iowa, but the consensus of our coach’s future shouldn’t be based on each individual game that the fan base consistently says is a “must win.” Why don’t we wait until the end of the year and see where this team ends up?

4 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I kind of view it this way. If someone finishes 5th place in a marathon running a 2:30:00, but then 3 years later they finish 9th but run it in a 2:20:00, is that really worse? I’m not thrilled IU is finishing in the lower half of the big ten and the inconsistency is really frustrating to watch, but the team is improving every single year, even though it’s slow. This overreaction in both directions by the fan base is honestly pretty unappealing to be attached to. We should be frustrated by a loss to Rutgers at home, and we should be excited by a win at #4 Iowa, but the consensus of our coach’s future shouldn’t be based on each individual game that the fan base consistently says is a “must win.” Why don’t we wait until the end of the year and see where this team ends up?

Sincerely. Thank you...

My other question to those already on the fire Archie train, is...

Knowing that it's almost a certainty that he'll be back next year, does that mean the beeyotching will continue for the next year and a half?

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sincerely. Thank you...

My other question to those already on the fire Archie train, is...

Knowing that it's almost a certainty that he'll be back next year, does that mean the beeyotching will continue for the next year and a half?

I don't think you had found us yet at the end of Crean.... but to answer your question, yes. 

Most of this group once they make up their mind someone isn't the guy will never stop making sure we all know how they feel. 

22 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Well said 

31 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

So we justify it by saying everyone else is getting better? I wonder if my boss would buy that? I could get 4 years to be less than mediocre.  Thanks for that I will see what he thinks. 

The fact that we even say things like this truly show that we as a fan base and program have no real expectations.  We're number 10 but everyone ahead of us are really good.

40 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Yes, in fact it is worse. Times changes, situations change, you have to adapt to the current environment in order to compete and succeed or else you become complacent and others will pass you up. That's the essence of competitive culture whether it be in sports or business. 

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

So we justify it by saying everyone else is getting better? I wonder if my boss would buy that? I could get 4 years to be less than mediocre.  Thanks for that I will see what he thinks. 

The fact that we even say things like this truly show that we as a fan base and program have no real expectations.  We're number 10 but everyone ahead of us are really good.

This all day.  Our expectations at Indiana should be top 4 in conference, sweet 16 or better (to clarify - maybe half the time), and consistently ranked in the top 25.  I DO NOT CARE HOW GOOD RUTGERS OR MINNESOTA MAY BE.  Comparing ourselves to those two programs is already admitting defeat. It could be the administration does not have those goals, but I don't think it's asking too much from this program.  

Archived