It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

6 hours ago, Air Ball said:

First, it is very easy to post a negative comment like I did.  It takes a lot of hard work to author articles for any news outlet.  It also is tough to not take personally negative comments.  So, I for one appreciate those that write and cover the Hoosiers,  Thanks!

Second...I perceived the first paragraphs of the article...iincluding the title as presenting a negative perspective.  'IU basketball has seen better days...and then the bottom drops out'?  I understand teasers.  I see that for what it is.  But the following paragraphs...using words like curse, erratic, one foot getting deeper...quite the perspective.  Followed with a presentation of 2 - 9 losses after big wins.  

Could be that Newton was the point guard the first year.  The cupboard was relatively bare for Indiana as compared with other years and other B1G teams.  Could be that along the way Phin got a serious concussion (the article correctly presented this) and Romeo broke his hand.  Could be that after a bad performance that Indiana knocked off a bunch of Quad 1 opponents.  See what I did there?  

I did not say that I wanted a positive article or perspective.  Just that a negative one was written.  I did not intend to compare Archie Miller's team's performance to that of Izzo's just meant to be saying that at times there are interesting other things going on in any season.  No mention was made of why Glass gave Archie Miller big buyouts through the end of year 5 and 3 million dollars as a buyout in year 6.  Could it be that Indiana basketball has been snakebit by the Administration in the past 2 decades?  Could it be that basketball as a whole has really changed in this region? 

Being 4- 5 in the B1G is not the end of the season and is not the bottom has dropped out.  It certainly is not satisfactory that is for sure. Keep on keeping on.  

giphy.gif

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

I need to get back to posting more. Miss the interaction. Just SO flat about IU hoops. Just isn’t much of anything to hang my hat on. 

come on Archie I really like you as a coach but OMG put something together and win some games. Get IU on a upward swing that can be defended by your supporters. 😫

We are all there with you man. Apathy is setting in...nothing worse than just not having anything to care about. Hopefully this team responds.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

We are all there with you man. Apathy is setting in...nothing worse than just not having anything to care about. Hopefully this team responds.

I still care about the game win or lose.  If you only care about the team when the win big then you will be disappointed more than not.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I still care about the game win or lose.  If you only care about the team when the win big then you will be disappointed more than not.

That's kind of the problem. Sure, we all care about the team. But it's hard to be enthusiastic when the product is mediocre.

I rarely miss a game. But to pretend the enthusiasm is the same as when we had Vic, Cody, hulls, CWAT ETC?

Just not realistic.

I am a die hard fan. But over time, the result will dampen/heighten the enthusiasm. Its human nature.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Of course I care but I’m not excited like I once was. I used to rush home to catch a game...try to free up my evening...I’m more and more finding it’s just not worth it. Why move around my day to watch mediocre basketball...once we expect that is the norm then well we will start finding other things to occupy our time. 6 years is a long time to go without good IU basketball.

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

That's kind of the problem. Sure, we all care about the team. But it's hard to be enthusiastic when the product is mediocre.

I rarely miss a game. But to pretend the enthusiasm is the same as when we had Vic, Cody, hulls, CWAT ETC?

Just not realistic.

I am a die hard fan. But over time, the result will dampen/heighten the enthusiasm. Its human nature.

I lasted DECADES and was a spin MASTER for believing we were about the turn the corner or this hire would do the trick. My tank is on “E.”

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Just not realistic.

Do I have the excitement about the game ad I did when I was younger in the 80's and 90's no.  It had to do more with life and responsibility than than than this team.  Actually my enthusiasm for the college game in general is not like it use to be.  That had to do with the product we see on the court especially what they are running for a so called offense.

Of course I care but I’m not excited like I once was. I used to rush home to catch a game...try to free up my evening...I’m more and more finding it’s just not worth it. Why move around my day to watch mediocre basketball...once we expect that is the norm then well we will start finding other things to occupy our time. 6 years is a long time to go without good IU basketball.

Couldn't that be because you have more responsibility now than you did when we were elite.  

Of course I care but I’m not excited like I once was. I used to rush home to catch a game...try to free up my evening...I’m more and more finding it’s just not worth it. Why move around my day to watch mediocre basketball...once we expect that is the norm then well we will start finding other things to occupy our time.

Cant say “we win.”

can’t say “we play inspiring defense” when we lose.

cant say “we lose but if you watch there’s bound to be some high light reel offensive plays.”

cant say “we suck so bad clearly our coach will be gone and who are we going to hire?!”

We are a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner. We are a “I want a bowl of cereal before bed” and all you have is corn flakes and you’re out of sugar to put on it.

Just now, rico said:

In my case that be no.

Me either. Even Crean ball was better than this. And that says A TON. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I do NOT want Crean back and was actually kind of excited for Archie and was completely bummed when we got Crean.

I’m utterly longterm flabbergasted with IU Hoops.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Couldn't that be because you have more responsibility now than you did when we were elite.  

Of course...I’d never sacrifice anything family wise for IU basketball even when we were good. Just mean I use to look for the schedule and who we played next and plan my evenings in excitement waiting for the game. Now I have no expectations no excitement...and I’m like badger...hopeful but getting to the point I don’t worry if I miss a game anymore.

Just now, dgambill said:

Of course...I’d never sacrifice anything family wise for IU basketball even when we were good. Just mean I use to look for the schedule and who we played next and plan my evenings in excitement waiting for the game. Now I have no expectations no excitement...and I’m like badger...hopeful but getting to the point I don’t worry if I miss a game anymore.

I guess I just look at it differently because I still have an anticipation for every game.  To me even a bad IU game is better than not having any game to watch.  I really hate when the college season ends because it is 7 months without basketball.

8 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Cant say “we win.”

can’t say “we play inspiring defense” when we lose.

cant say “we lose but if you watch there’s bound to be some high light reel offensive plays.”

cant say “we suck so bad clearly our coach will be gone and who are we going to hire?!”

We are a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner. We are a “I want a bowl of cereal before bed” and all you have is corn flakes and you’re out of sugar to put on it.

See, now that is the senseless stuff I was talking about! Great to have you back.  😂

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I just look at it differently because I still have an anticipation for every game.  To me even a bad IU game is better than not having any game to watch.  I really hate when the college season ends because it is 7 months without basketball.

Every once in awhile we agree Scott!

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Right now for me my answer would be no ad well.  I don't know how old dgambill is so I thought he he had younger kids then it is harder to plan around a game.

Yeah I’m only 41...I have a young girl...but most games I can not take the family out to eat or it’s late enough she is ready for bed....she can entertain herself while I watch....but I hope someday we can watch and cheer together....not if we are like this though.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I love basketball and love college because there is always a game on....I’m not there yet but I can see this continuing to the point that I’d tune into a different game if it was a great matchup over watching IU if it continues.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh yes I never had my priorities out of line with IU Hoops over the years with regards to family. Nope always had balance...

😑gulp...

I love basketball and love college because there is always a game on....I’m not there yet but I can see this continuing to the point that I’d tune into a different game if it was a great matchup over watching IU if it continues.

I will never do that, because IU will always be first and then other big ten games.  I still like watching the national games but not like I use to.  The thing is that back in the day I could tell you the starting lineups of all the top teams.  Today with all moving around and kids leaving it is harder to watch these games because you don't know the teams.

I still plan my schedule around IU games and I try to take days off work for the NCAA tournament. I don’t talk smack to my friends when we’re less than stellar but I still love watching as much as possible and following all the content. I love rooting for these guys even when it’s frustrating. 

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I’m only 41...I have a young girl...but most games I can not take the family out to eat or it’s late enough she is ready for bed....she can entertain herself while I watch....but I hope someday we can watch and cheer together....not if we are like this though.

Watching with your kid who is into it is the best. My seven year old is my IU watching buddy. His first year to get into it was Archie’s first year. He gets so excited now, I can’t imagine what he would be like if we were good. 

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Unfortunately I’m there. Twice this year I’ve had IU on for a few minutes, then had it on while I vacuumed or dusted and then eventually turned to another game one time and John Wick 2 for the 18th time. (Still doesn’t get old)

1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

I still plan my schedule around IU games and I try to take days off work for the NCAA tournament. I don’t talk smack to my friends when we’re less than stellar but I still love watching as much as possible and following all the content. I love rooting for these guys even when it’s frustrating. 

I still take off the Thursday and Friday of the first round.  If I get a job soon I won't be able to or if not I won't have to worry about taking off since I will already be off.

Archived