It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

Unfortunately I’m there. Twice this year I’ve had IU on for a few minutes, then had it on while I vacuumed or dusted and then eventually turned to another game one time and John Wick 2 for the 18th time. (Still doesn’t get old)

I’m not there...mostly because we are so frustratingly in every game and while we lose half we still win half but I could see us getting to the point like IU football 10 years ago or whatever where I would tune into something else even when we were on. Luckily we have a program fixing that...only hope for the same in basketball. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I still take off the Thursday and Friday of the first round.  If I get a job soon I won't be able to or if not I won't have to worry about taking off since I will already be off.

I’ll have to pull the schedule but I know this year it’s all compressed so the first weekend might be the same but the rest of the rounds I think are all much closer together.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I’ll have to pull the schedule but I know this year it’s all compressed so the first weekend might be the same but the rest of the rounds I think are all much closer together.

The first and second round is Friday-Sunday.   I have no idea if they will start games at noon like they usually do for the first round

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Do I have the excitement about the game ad I did when I was younger in the 80's and 90's no.  It had to do more with life and responsibility than than than this team.  Actually my enthusiasm for the college game in general is not like it use to be.  That had to do with the product we see on the court especially what they are running for a so called offense.

You hit on it a bit there.  For me, I have more responsibilities (children) then I did when we were playing better.  So that leads me to prioritize entertainment.  As you said yourself, I think the product of college b-ball on the whole is just inferior to what it used to be.  So what keeps you engaged with a product like that is the pull of the old alma mater.  Well in this case, my alma mater has not been very entertaining for the better part of the last 2 decades.

When you add all of that up, it leads to major apathy.  Like the only reason I watch our games is because I have affinity for Indiana University.  If not for that, there is nothing much to draw you to this program.  Not exciting, devoid of enthusiasm, loss then win and then rinse and repeat.  

9 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You hit on it a bit there.  For me, I have more responsibilities (children) then I did when we were playing better.  So that leads me to prioritize entertainment.  As you said yourself, I think the product of college b-ball on the whole is just inferior to what it used to be.  So what keeps you engaged with a product like that is the pull of the old alma mater.  Well in this case, my alma mater has not been very entertaining for the better part of the last 2 decades.

When you add all of that up, it leads to major apathy.  Like the only reason I watch our games is because I have affinity for Indiana University.  If not for that, there is nothing much to draw you to this program.  Not exciting, devoid of enthusiasm, loss then win and then rinse and repeat.  

I am 50 and been a fan of IU whole life so I will always watch even through the bad stretches

Unfortunately, it's starting to feel inevitable that CAM won't be the long-term option. I think we all know he gets next year, I think most of us if we are honest realize next year could actually be pretty good. 

It just seems like getting enough people back in his corner, no matter how good next year is, is going to be a major uphill battle. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Unfortunately, it's starting to feel inevitable that CAM won't be the long-term option. I think we all know he gets next year, I think most of us if we are honest realize next year could actually be pretty good. 

It just seems like getting enough people back in his corner, no matter how good next year is, is going to be a major uphill battle. 

He’s going to get next year, but things are going to be worse after TJD leaves.  Yes, I know TJD’s not going to be drafted, but he’s made it pretty clear he’s leaving after two years no matter what.  And there’s not much of an incentive to come back here and continue to get embarrassed.  Tbh if/when TJD declares for the draft, Archie should really just be fired the next day.  Just playing out the string at that point.

Archived