It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me it appears there recruiting is already fallen off.  They still get really good recruits but they are not getting many top 10 players any longer.

I looked up their class rankings awhile back. In 12 recruiting classes at UK, Calipari has never had a class ranked lower than #2. It's crazy. At this point, I can't help but wonder if the individual rankings are driven up simply by their choice to commit to UK. 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I looked up their class rankings awhile back. In 12 recruiting classes at UK, Calipari has never had a class ranked lower than #2. It's crazy. At this point, I can't help but wonder if the individual rankings are driven up simply by their choice to commit to UK. 

Another thing is the more players in a class the higher the ranking will be.  Every year UK brings in 5 or 6 players a year.

19 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Even more delusional.  But they win though and never settle for mediocrity.  But BS is only ever leaving Boston for 3 schools and UK isn't one of them.  Also a decent chance he never coaches college again but you never know.

What schools? I was under the impression he was happy in the NBA and not likely to go back to college at all. 

I tend to stay away from these types of threads because they irk me. This was created prematurely, albeit, the state of the program has cast some doubt for me recently. I havent posted much, but its always been in defense of CAM. Anyway, here are my recent thoughts.

There have been many comparisons made over the course of the season and the state of Hoosier hoops. I draw a comparison a little closer to home in Indiana football.

Football has been ran over season after season after season. Until idk 10 years ago, you can see improvements on the field, but not quite on the scoreboard yet. 4-5 seasons ago you could see both. close losses to top 25 teams... Michigan a couple of times, #24 of something Iowa win, battling with ranked Michigan State and hangin tough with OSU until close to the end of the third quarter. You saw improvements on the field and in the scoreboard. just not converting to wins.

Then you have this past season. What appears to be the break through. Beating PSU, Michigan, losing by 7 to OSU. Maybe break through, maybe not. PSU and Michigan turned out not to be that great. 

Which brings me to my point. My hope. IU basketball is close (lets forget about Texas). Every game this year i can think of, we have been in. Some disappointing losses towards the end. But my hope is that as we continue to get older (1 senior, our 2 stars are sophomores, and 4 true freshman that play meaningful, sometimes not quality, minutes) these wins will come. I would like the think the "We're Back" season is next year. but....

I dont know if CAM is our guy or not. I think he can be. But the only thing i am certain of is that if he doesnt have a break through season next year, he wont have any more time to prove that he can be. 

36 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I tend to stay away from these types of threads because they irk me. This was created prematurely, albeit, the state of the program has cast some doubt for me recently. I havent posted much, but its always been in defense of CAM. Anyway, here are my recent thoughts.

There have been many comparisons made over the course of the season and the state of Hoosier hoops. I draw a comparison a little closer to home in Indiana football.

Football has been ran over season after season after season. Until idk 10 years ago, you can see improvements on the field, but not quite on the scoreboard yet. 4-5 seasons ago you could see both. close losses to top 25 teams... Michigan a couple of times, #24 of something Iowa win, battling with ranked Michigan State and hangin tough with OSU until close to the end of the third quarter. You saw improvements on the field and in the scoreboard. just not converting to wins.

Then you have this past season. What appears to be the break through. Beating PSU, Michigan, losing by 7 to OSU. Maybe break through, maybe not. PSU and Michigan turned out not to be that great. 

Which brings me to my point. My hope. IU basketball is close (lets forget about Texas). Every game this year i can think of, we have been in. Some disappointing losses towards the end. But my hope is that as we continue to get older (1 senior, our 2 stars are sophomores, and 4 true freshman that play meaningful, sometimes not quality, minutes) these wins will come. I would like the think the "We're Back" season is next year. but....

I dont know if CAM is our guy or not. I think he can be. But the only thing i am certain of is that if he doesnt have a break through season next year, he wont have any more time to prove that he can be. 

Here's the thing. Archie has completely lost the fan base.  He needs a F4 next season to possibly get them back.  So what do you do if we finish 3-4 in the B1G next season and get bounced in the round of 32 or Sweet 16?  The fans will still want him gone and will be tweeting at recruits to go elsewhere. That won't change. I promise you on that.  It will be a lost cause no matter what at that point.  What do you do?

I showed the coaches hired at UCLA since Wooden and none would be considered an elite coach at the time of the hire.  Thinking at the other blue blood hires  most would not be considered a no doubt great coach.

KU- After Larry brown left in 88 they hired an assistant coach with no HC experience on Roy Williams.  They got Self from UI and at the time of the hire he was considered a good coach but was not elite

Duke- coach K been there so long and will wait to see who they hire after he leaves

UNC- after Dean Smith left they hired Gutheridge who was a long time assistant coach.  Then they hired Matt Daughtery a former player with little success as a head coach.  Then they finally got Roy Williams to change his mind to come back home

UK- Pitino was a good hire at the time but he had a descent stretch with the Knicks but not great.  Had a great run to the final 4 but team did not play well in that game which sounds like Crean.  Then Tubby Smith which was not a big time hire but he was a very good coach.  Then Gillespie which at the time was an up and coming coach but wasn't considered elite.  then Cal which came from Memphis but had some red flags but was considered a great coach.

So why does everyone here think when IU has an opening that we would be able to attract any coach to come here when the other blue bloods have not really done that very often.

I think the best thing to happen to Archie is no fans in the stands! I think the crowd would be shrinking by large numbers and not sure he wouldn’t start hearing some boos! The Purdue game for sure! 
if I remember I believe that is what started happening to Crean his last year! 

42 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Here's the thing. Archie has completely lost the fan base.  He needs a F4 next season to possibly get them back.  So what do you do if we finish 3-4 in the B1G next season and get bounced in the round of 32 or Sweet 16?  The fans will still want him gone and will be tweeting at recruits to go elsewhere. That won't change. I promise you on that.  It will be a lost cause no matter what at that point.  What do you do?

That is on the fan base if the only thing that would win them back is a final 4 because that is a ridiculous statement.  I wouldn't call people fans if they are trying to tell recruits to go elsewhere be that is disgraceful and that is what is wrong with sports today.

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is on the fan base if the only thing that would win them back is a final 4 because that is a ridiculous statement.  I wouldn't call people fans if they are trying to tell recruits to go elsewhere be that is disgraceful and that is what is wrong with sports today.

Scott I thought you wanted a change.  Did you change your mind again?

22 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I still think Drew gets the label because he’s winning at Baylor. He’s a helluva coach.  Doesn’t get enough credit nationally as far as I’m concerned.  I mean it’s Baylor, It’s Baylor

Drew gets that from IU fans for what he tried putting Hanner through.

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Scott I thought you wanted a change.  Did you change your mind again?

I do but as long as Archie is here I will hope he turns it around.  I will never do something as a fan could hurt our chances of winning.  Also I feel the best thing for the program is for Archie to be the one to turn the program around.  I know if he doesn't and we have to make a change then we will be starting over once again.  I just think he doesn't have to make a final four next year to win the fans back.  If some fans think that then ate so unrealistic on where IU basketball is right now.

22 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I still think Drew gets the label because he’s winning at Baylor. He’s a helluva coach.  Doesn’t get enough credit nationally as far as I’m concerned.  I mean it’s Baylor, It’s Baylor

7 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Drew gets that from IU fans for what he tried putting Hanner through.

Deserved or not, Drew’s rep is that he has talented teams that underperform. We’ll see how this year plays out

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Deserved or not, Drew’s rep is that he has talented teams that underperform. We’ll see how this year plays out

I don’t know the exact player rankings of his team members but I don’t think they have many of any 5 ️ players on there.  That shows player development to me. 

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Osterman too. 

Lots of talk about the current coach all over the local media.  Won’t be long before the national media gets involved.  Goodman and some other guy mentioned it a week ago about Archie not getting it done on their podcast.  He needs a half court shot to go in at this point to save his job.  Don’t see it happening.

Not sure why everyone is complaining. I see 5 of 6 or 6 of 7 wins coming. Beat Iowa and this team is going to go on a run and all of a sudden....Archie will have firmly have the fans grounded again. Shoot it happened last year with Underwood at Illinois when 75% of his fan wanted him gone in December...why not us? 

Archived