It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Bryce Drew?

What, me worry?  That posting is likely unsubstantiated and fake news.  I find it really sad that people perpetuate garbage like this.  If there is one thing that we should have learned recently...that is that social media is the best weapon to spread fake news and  hateful content.  Give it no thought.

I support Archie Miller and he will be with Indiana for a while. No one is happy with losses. And it is unacceptable to lose to Purdue.  That is going to stop. IU will be competing at the top of the B1G when Archie gets a PG and shooter.  

I watched Dayton beat OSU and Syracuse while Archie Miller was HC at UD.  It really is sad to see IU's upper-class guards not perform as well as needed.  Who knew? 

The AD won't get a new basketball coach since one is not needed.

Now, back to Mad....

d91c3842842eadae81b602be5c131b8a.jpg

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I found this interesting. Who knows what the full details of this are but it doesn’t sound great. This account is ran by a group of college coaches around the country so they usually have good behind the scenes information. 

A87B4E6C-F53A-4A2E-AF3B-5E3D88914F4B.jpeg

"Out of control handle run by a diverse group of insiders. Some speculate on hires/fires, some make jokes, some go after people"

Sure doesn't sound like any "group of college coaches" that I'd let my kid get withing 100 miles of to me.

"Cheating"? Show me one scintilla of evidence.

"Almost got his ass whooped by Bruiser Flint" sounds more like some coat holding juvenile with some craven desire to see 2 grown men fist fight when they wouldn't have sack enough to stand up to somebody if they had to.

We have enough to worry about without this kind of trash being brought to this board...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

"Out of control handle run by a diverse group of insiders. Some speculate on hires/fires, some make jokes, some go after people"

Sure doesn't sound like any "group of college coaches" that I'd let my kid get withing 100 miles of to me.

"Cheating"? Show me one scintilla of evidence.

"Almost got his ass whooped by Bruiser Flint" sounds more like some coat holding juvenile with some craven desire to see 2 grown men fist fight when they wouldn't have sack enough to stand up to somebody if they had to.

We have enough to worry about without this kind of trash being brought to this board...

I don't disagree and I don't know if I believe it or not but they've been right about stuff in the past and that's why I posted it. 

On 2/5/2021 at 6:21 PM, NCHoosier32 said:

See, I can actually get behind this mindset, but that's why I say Greg Tonagel.  If you got it, you got it.  

absolutely love Tonagel. have been involved tangentially with both Butler & IWU and I know we talk a lot about Stevens, but if i had to pick a coach purely on  psych/behavioral analysis, Tonagel & Stevens are pretty darn close and in some ways my evaluations of Tonagel have him higher. My interactions with him have been nothing short of outstanding. in fact, if i had to come up with a comp to Tonagel, i'd say more Tom Brady. that's odd considering Brady is player and not coach, but Tonagel is special in a lot of the same ways from a sports psyche perspective. I'm not close enough to the family to understand who he's been at IWU for 16 years, but I have my theories. if indiana moves on from Miller (not sure they should) and can't get Stevens (not sure that's as far-fetched as some believe) then I go with Tonagel. If Stevens is #1 than Tonagel is 1A. 

Thanks for bringing him into the discussion! 

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

I get that. Maybe they have real info and maybe they don't. Something tells me we'll find out by the end of the season. I'm not going to speculate on anything beyond that. 

Look...When I see something like that, it screams "AGENDA!" to me...

You've always seemed like a pretty solid poster to me...Just disappointed you gave this enough credence to bring over here...That's all

Look...When I see something like that, it screams "AGENDA!" to me...

You've always seemed like a pretty solid poster to me...Just disappointed you gave this enough credence to bring over here...That's all

If someone's been right about things in the past I think it should be given some credence and not just be written off. I could go back through there tweets and find examples if I need to. Yes maybe they are pushing an agenda and maybe they aren't especially if it's someone with a grudge against Archie which is possible. Message boards in my opinion are for discussion and I felt this was worth some discussion.  

11 minutes ago, WanamakerIUFan said:

absolutely love Tonagel. have been involved tangentially with both Butler & IWU and I know we talk a lot about Stevens, but if i had to pick a coach purely on  psych/behavioral analysis, Tonagel & Stevens are pretty darn close and in some ways my evaluations of Tonagel have him higher. My interactions with him have been nothing short of outstanding. in fact, if i had to come up with a comp to Tonagel, i'd say more Tom Brady. that's odd considering Brady is player and not coach, but Tonagel is special in a lot of the same ways from a sports psyche perspective. I'm not close enough to the family to understand who he's been at IWU for 16 years, but I have my theories. if indiana moves on from Miller (not sure they should) and can't get Stevens (not sure that's as far-fetched as some believe) then I go with Tonagel. If Stevens is #1 than Tonagel is 1A. 

Thanks for bringing him into the discussion! 

I just really like this idea if we can't get that big time star.  Seems like he is the type of coach that would succeed in this era/culture.  Not convinced that he wouldn't be successful at whatever level.    

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

If someone's been right about things in the past I think it should be given some credence and not just be written off. I could go back through there tweets and find examples if I need to. Yes maybe they are pushing an agenda and maybe they aren't especially if it's someone with a grudge against Archie which is possible. Message boards in my opinion are for discussion and I felt this was worth some discussion.  

OK...

So what part of "Archie Miller Cheats Like a Bandit" is credible, citing ANY evidence you know of? You think that's something that any reasonable board, where some I'm sure a  few agenda driven posters will see it and take it as gospel, should discuss?

I don't mind a fact based discussion on the merits of keeping Archie Miller or letting him go, but this kind of trash serves no reasonable purpose here...

OK...

So what part of "Archie Miller Cheats Like a Bandit" is credible, citing ANY evidence you know of? You think that's something that any reasonable board, where some I'm sure a  few agenda driven posters will see it and take it as gospel, should discuss?

I don't mind a fact based discussion on the merits of keeping Archie Miller or letting him go, but this kind of trash serves no reasonable purpose here...

If a twitter account posts information on past coaching situations like when they did with Walter McCarty for example then in my view maybe they are right about this. Did they word it great probably not. Do any of us know what goes on behind closed doors inside Archie's office? I don't think so. Not saying it's real or accurate but maybe it is. That's just my opinion. 

Side note. He is Sean Millers younger brother so to write that off could be a mistake. That said I doubt if Archie is cheating because if he is he's not doing a great job. 

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Side note. He is Sean Millers younger brother so to write that off could be a mistake. That said I doubt if Archie is cheating because if he is he's not doing a great job. 

Ah, the cloak comes off...

Yes, every thing on twitter is credible... 🙄

It's no wonder this country is in the mess it's in...

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I found this interesting. Who knows what the full details of this are but it doesn’t sound great. This account is ran by a group of college coaches around the country so they usually have good behind the scenes information. 

Reading that makes me wonder if Dakich is a member there. Reads like something he’d say anonymously 

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I follow these guys on twitter. You possibly can't take this seriously... Many of their tweets are outlandish and jokes. The one thing he has correct here is Steve Alford and Bryce Drew...this isn't 1987 anymore. It pains me to say this but we're not the premier job like we used to be...better stick with Archie cause we're not getting Chris Beard or anyone near there. 

Ah, the cloak comes off...

Yes, every thing on twitter is credible... 🙄

It's no wonder this country is in the mess it's in...

Nope it's just an observation. Archie's never been connected of cheating in the past and I'm not saying he is. I've been frustrated at times this year but I just want the team to win. You have your view and that's fine. I'm just not as quick to write things off. 

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think that twitter account is run by a group of college coaches though who are in the know. 

You really think a GROUP of college coaches got together and decided to form a Twitter group, with the intention of slamming other coaches!?

Man, some of you will beleive anything, as long as it fits your narrative.

A group of coaches forming a Twitter group......yep, seems legit.

If Archie is cheating, he doesn't do a very good job at it.  Most of our guys are in what I would consider to be our recruiting footprint and those who weren't are not exactly the types that you risk cheating over.

Even if we are thinking about moving on, I doubt random coaches know who we would be looking at.  These rumor mills are almost always wrong this early into a discussion and are usually more based on conjecture than any real data.  Alford and Drew are 2 guys with state of Indiana connections who would be available so they get brought up.  I doubt these are the top targets of our next search and honestly, if it came down to those two, I would rather take a chance on the Tonagel guy at IWU like some have mentioned.  Offer the guy $2 million a year and see what happens.

However, I will be shocked if Miller is not coaching Indiana next year.  Making a change at the end of the year woukd be totally out of character for how Indiana has handled things in the past.

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

😉

images.jpeg

But if Archie was all in on cheating for Romeo, I’d imagine the bulk of our recruits would fit more like the profile of the kids Kentucky or Duke get.   We hardly target similar guys to who they recruit.  For example most of our targets right now rate between 50-125 other than AJ Casey and Jalen Washington. 

Archived