It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m not against another young up and comer. Cant strike out forever...I don’t think.

Davis was Dumb. We deserved that.

Crean was a dumb hire also because everything was clear what he was going to be here. There was ZERO reason to believe he hasn’t reached his ceiling as a coach.

If we hire smart with resume’s like Archie’s we will find one. 

Well at least Davis got us within 1 game of winning a national championship and actually 10 minutes away

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

Hard to argue against that except that in hindsight he certainly didn’t prove to be a “Final Four” caliber coach.

Not saying he wasn't but I still wouldn't give up a championship game appearance.  You think UCONN fans were upset that Kevin Ollie won the championship even though he wasn't a long term solution to the job.

46 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I use to be like you trying to find any little positive and try to tell myself it will get better but no more.  I have heard Leary, Evans and Graham all talk about how boring it is to watch this team.  A lot of guys on AJ podcast is not real happy with program right now as well but they put it in a nice way without really bashing anyone.  Most of it relates to the bad offense that we see most of the time.

Now you've turned into the very poster you use to blast on a regular basis...

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

I think Smart can coach. His formative years in coaching was here in Fort Wayne in the CBA and he did great job which translated into many years in the NBA as mainly an assistant coach. I realize his brief NBA head coaching stints did not produce good results but he had nothing to work with. 

It is a gut feeling I've had for roughly 20 years now, I posted about it on the old Star News board. I don't particularly feel the need to convince anyone else to agree with my gut feeling. I doubt it ever happens so I guess you can rest easy? 🤪

that's fair.  i just don't see it personally.  i would be scared to death with that hire, but love it so much if it worked out.  much like Alford.  

56 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well i have been on 3 message boards and many different Facebook pages and you are pretty much in the minority in your support for Archie.  so far this year I have seen many different former players voice their displeasure with how the program is looking.  I also have seen some national media types take jabs at Archie and the job he is doing and critiquing the terrible offense.

Also where did I say I spoke for you in any way but I can read and see that at least 80% of the people I have seen is done with him.  I was like you until this year and really lost confidence after the first NW game.  there was no excuse to ever lose that game and the Rutgers games at home.

i'm feeling so strange right now watching IUFLA and Scott argue.  it means i kind of have to agree with one of them, and i guess it's Scott?

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Now you've turned into the very poster you use to blast on a regular basis...

Sure did, I saw the light and realize i don't like being mediocre at best.  I am tired of being on the bubble every year and not making the tournament.  I also am tired of being 8-10 in the big ten when teams like Rutgers are ahead of us in the standings.  i remember a time when UW and NW was easy wins and now UW is so far ahead of us and to me that is sickening.

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

that's fair.  i just don't see it personally.  i would be scared to death with that hire, but love it so much if it worked out.  much like Alford.  

To me every guy we probably could get wouldn't be guarantee success.  Why not try something different than just going after the next new thing.  Why not see if an IU guy could turn it around and get the IU Culture back to what it should be.  Like some says that certain people might fit this job but maybe not other places.

Just now, IU Scott said:

To me every guy we probably could get wouldn't be guarantee success.  Why not try something different than just going after the next new thing.  Why not see if an IU guy could turn it around and get the IU Culture back to what it should be.  Like some says that certain people might fit this job but maybe not other places.

true.  might be.  i just think it is gonna be a real killer if we take a chance and go through 4 more years of crap under the next coach.  nothing is a guarantee, but i disagree that, hey, why not just take a long shot and go with something new is a good idea.  our next hire needs to be the right guy.  that scares me a lot.  

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Sure did, I saw the light and realize i don't like being mediocre at best.  I am tired of being on the bubble every year and not making the tournament.  I also am tired of being 8-10 in the big ten when teams like Rutgers are ahead of us in the standings.  i remember a time when UW and NW was easy wins and now UW is so far ahead of us and to me that is sickening.

oh crap!  now i kind of agree with IUFLA.  this is making my head spin.  Scott - you jumped all over me quite aggressively for saying much less than what you are now saying.    

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Yeah you are right and the rest of the board is wrong

Again, you've taken a poll? 

As I said in another thread, Archie will be coaching this bunch next year whether you like it or not...

You can sob over it all you want, but that's what's going to happen...

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Again, you've taken a poll? 

As I said in another thread, Archie will be coaching this bunch next year whether you like it or not...

You can sob over it all you want, but that's what's going to happen...

I can read thousands of post all over the internet and listen to podcast

53 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

true.  might be.  i just think it is gonna be a real killer if we take a chance and go through 4 more years of crap under the next coach.  nothing is a guarantee, but i disagree that, hey, why not just take a long shot and go with something new is a good idea.  our next hire needs to be the right guy.  that scares me a lot.  

Well we have already had over 20 years of mostly crap, what is another 4 years? 😜

Who would be the 'right guy' everyone would agree upon? I don't think any head coach we have hired full-time since the day RMK was fired has been universally accepted as the right choice in the moment. It seems more like a hindsight assessment where does the guy do the job or not. Just not sure who realistically IU would hire as the next coach that would have most of the choir nodding their heads in agreement. I think there is a 'leap of faith' element involved no matter how you cut it. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Famous RMK rant enters the conversation.  You know what the one I'm talking about. 

Archived