It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My youngest kid followers Parker Stewart among many other players religiously.  He has never played a game.  If he posted about the new hot shoe at Dicks she would pay attention.  Not only is it about who is following you on social media it’s about the age of that follower.  That 13-24 demographic is most likely to follow these guys and most likely to spend on said products.  We are going to see players posting about all kinds of products that none of us will care about but the kids will be all in on.

Also let’s not forget this also does help the non stars.  A golfer or volleyball player at IU should be allowed to sell their time to give lessons.  Or maybe someone holds an independent camp where I get paid a stipend to help run things.  Lots of avenues to generate revenue for yourself.  Hell I have paid coaches directly a lot of money for one on one lessons with my kids.  I would love to get someone that plays in the NCAA that is closer in age to my kid and clearly understands what they are going through as a young athlete.  Relating to your coach is a lot harder when they are older and the opposite sex which unfortunately happens a lot.

8 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I still kick myself for something I didn't do: checking out at Menard's and spied a pack of turtles (the chocolate, caramel, pecan kind) grabbed em and when the clerk rang em up I failed to say "I like tuttles".

I have this little rule in life and it has served me well. Never by my food where I buy my light bulbs and visa versa. I hope you are ok!

I didn’t think there was any chance he’d be getting fired after this year, but to be honest he might not make it to next year at this point.  If we get disemboweled in West Lafayette to cap off a five game losing streak to end the season, get knocked out of the BTT early, and miss the tournament when the entire thing is being played in Indiana, including Assembly Hall... I don’t know if he’ll be able to survive that, COVID or not.

TJD leaving also has to be a factor here, because next year is going to be even more of a s***show if that happens.

5 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I didn’t think there was any chance he’d be getting fired after this year, but to be honest he might not make it to next year at this point.  If we get disemboweled in West Lafayette to cap off a five game losing streak to end the season, get knocked out of the BTT early, and miss the tournament when the entire thing is being played in Indiana, including Assembly Hall... I don’t know if he’ll be able to survive that, COVID or not.

TJD leaving also has to be a factor here, because next year is going to be even more of a s***show if that happens.

I don't see how you can keep your job when in year 2 you lose 12 of 13 with Romeo Langford, in year 3 you lose to Purdue in Bob Knight's return to Assembly Hall, and then in year 4 you miss the tournament when the entire thing is being played in Indiana. 

8 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If we lose out the season I have a really hard time seeing Archie survive.  Sad.

Go Hoosiers!!!

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't see how you can keep your job when in year 2 you lose 12 of 13 with Romeo Langford, in year 3 you lose to Purdue in Bob Knight's return to Assembly Hall, and then in year 4 you miss the tournament when the entire thing is being played in Indiana. 

Beyond those flashpoints, there’s just not really a single metric that supports keeping him, any way you look at it.  He’s 17-20 in February and March since he got to IU, with what’s looking like a lot more losses on the horizon this season.  Mediocre recruiting, no player development, soft teams.  The program is just garbage all around.

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That's the worst trifecta I have ever heard.  

This university kept Crean a year too long and I'm guessing it will happen again.  

So the buyout doesn't go down until March or April of 22?

Fred Glass, the master of all basketball coach contracts.  I wonder if I could hire Crean or Archie's agent for just an hour to see what financial magic they can do in my life.  

20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think Dolson and any of the other higher ups at IU should all get emails with this information in them. That’s unbelievable. 

Go ahead and make fun of me but I just sent this to Scott Dolson

Two words about tonight's game
Pathetic
Embarrassing

There is no way you can justify bringing back a coach that will have 4 straight losing seasons in the conference.  it is embarrassing for IU basketball to be battling to finish 10th in the conference every year.  This team looks like they quit in the second half tonight and that is not acceptable for any player at IU.  We should be battling for the conference title at IU but we are in the same category as Rutgers and Minnesota.

If you bring him back next year I would guarantee you will lose more fans and if they allow fans in AH next year it will be a lot of empty seats.

I know I am probably outnumbered 10,000 to 1 on this, but I still don't want him fired yet. I think you have to give him next year even still. I'm not sure at this point I can justify this my stance(actually I'm quite certain that I can't), but I just desperately don't want another coaching change and want to believe CAM is the guy.

Go ahead, give me my lumps. I welcome them.

1 minute ago, madmax said:

I know I am probably outnumbered 10,000 to 1 on this, but I still don't want him fired yet. I think you have to give him next year even still. I'm not sure at this point I can justify this my stance(actually I'm quite certain that I can't), but I just desperately don't want another coaching change and want to believe CAM is the guy.

I disagree with you wholeheartedly. However, I respect you for staying true to what you believe. Bottom line, we all want IU to be great again. We just have different ideas of how we get there. 

1 minute ago, madmax said:

I was going to say what has he shown the last 4 ears to deserve another year.  I could see it if we had a top rated class coming in next year but we don't

Archived