It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

This is where I'm at. I won't be shocked if Archie goes on to be successful somewhere else and I'll root for him, I just am really struggling to see how it can work at IU. 

Same. I think the guy can coach Xs and Os pretty well. I mean, we've seen some terrific designed plays out of TOs and to start the game, the first 10 minutes last night we played really solid basketball so the system can work at times, and he seems to make decent halftime adjustments on a regular basis. There's just something missing, and it's hard to tell if it's something fixable or if it's just a lost cause.

I think the thing I don't get the most is how he could be such a hard nosed player with a seemingly high basketball IQ, and his team is kind of the opposite most of the time. The whole thing is pretty bizarre.

I'll say this - Rob is just a complete mess of a player now, and that's probably been the most difficult thing to watch, because he seems like a good kid. If this team had decent PG play this season, we'd easily be in the tournament and not looking to change coaches. 

If people are still chatting in forums about this team I'd take it as a good sign, even if they are mad and frustrated. My concern is apathy has started to set in. I've followed IU basketball as far back as I can remember and it's getting to the point where I'd be ok missing games live and checking to see if they win or lose later.

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i feel like high school coaches have to adapt and change to their personnel more because they can't recruit (unless they are private).  college coaches have their system and stick to it because they can recruit the right guys to run their system.  seems to not be working for CAM.

We also said CTC was a grand slam for Georgia and would win there.  

23 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

If people are still chatting in forums about this team I'd take it as a good sign, even if they are mad and frustrated. My concern is apathy has started to set in. I've followed IU basketball as far back as I can remember and it's getting to the point where I'd be ok missing games live and checking to see if they win or lose later.

Welcome to my life. Haven’t watched a full game this season only have watched two partial games. If I’m completely bored and nothing is on TV I’ll tune in otherwise I just catch highlights every now and then read this board in the hopes of...hope.

16 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Welcome to my life. Haven’t watched a full game this season only have watched two partial games. If I’m completely bored and nothing is on TV I’ll tune in otherwise I just catch highlights every now and then read this board in the hopes of...hope.

Same.  Just simply don't care anymore.  It's sad but ever since Bobby was fired the best thing we as fans have to look forward to is a coaching change.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Same.  Just simply don't care anymore.  It's sad but ever since Bobby was fired the best thing we as fans have to look forward to is a coaching change.

There have been short seasons I’ve had small hope. For instance when Crean built our best team I falsely believed “maybe this guy can merely recruit well enough and get them to run so hard he can win enough to hang a banner.” I was wrong and hope was misplaced. He was just not a good coach.

Then when we hired Archie he wasn’t my first choice but I just had a gut feeling he had a very good shot to pan out into our answer. WRONG.

Like I’ve said before...my two favorite programs UT football and IU basketball are both trapped in the same cycle. Two stories programs trapped.

1 hour ago, Euroclydon said:

Most games I check the scores periodically. If they win I watch the replay on BTN bball in 60. For the first 10 minutes of the game last night, I was looking forward to watching the replay.

22 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Is there any chattered anyone is saying besides fans being done?

Usually by now there’s “insiders” saying people high up are asking questions, boosters are fed up, etc. Maybe I’ve missed those posts.

I don't know any boosters personally but prior to MSU loss I did hear from a couple guys that said CAM is 1 more loss to PU from being bought out. 

I joke and told the guy we would lose both to MSU and to Rutgers and beat Michigan and PU. He told me to F off. Clearly he is not a CAM fan

25 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Usually by now there’s “insiders” saying people high up are asking questions, boosters are fed up, etc. Maybe I’ve missed those posts.

I know people don't like Dan but I think when you peel back the onion layers of the showmanship, he has been right about quite a bit...and based on this, I think he is going to be breathing fire this afternoon.  

I think the former players, particularly the Knight guys, are done.

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

I know people don't like Dan but I think when you peel back the onion layers of the showmanship, he has been right about quite a bit...and based on this, I think he is going to be breathing fire this afternoon.  

Keep me posted might even tune in.

31 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I am not an insider but live in the area and there has been pressure on dolson to make a changes some time. That say he is a nice guy with a better handle on what basketball means at Indiana more so than glass did! But they don’t know if he has the nads to make the obvious decision being glass got him the job and he was/is ? A yes man

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i will continue to watch very game.  it's painful and takes bourbon to make it tolerable, but IU bball has been a big part of my life since i can remember.  i still look forward to watching even when i know we suck.  kind of like the Cubs i guess.  

Yeah, I'm with you, and I'm bummed for the guys who have lost interest, but certainly understand it. I was excited about last night's game, as I am for most IU games, but I pretty much tuned out after a couple of minutes of the second half and it turned into ugly background noise. 

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I am in the minority I really like Dan. Always been great with me, done lots of things to help people out with his platform.  LoveS IU. I also know he is a radio personality and he needs an audience so I view it as entertainment.  For the most part he is spot on. I don't like the Romeo bashing but..

6 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Yeah, I'm with you, and I'm bummed for the guys who have lost interest, but certainly understand it. I was excited about last night's game, as I am for most IU games, but I pretty much tuned out after a couple of minutes of the second half and it turned into ugly background noise. 

sad thing is, i did that and i never do that.  i only half paid attention once we got down because we all knew we were not recovering.  i actually missed the last few minutes because i was doing other stuff.  i never do that.  sad.  

7 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

I so badly want to be but just cant. Trust me I hate it.

3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Keep me posted might even tune in.

https://www.1075thefan.com/

Can listen online there.  Seems like the first 30 minutes for Dan usually set the tone.  That is when he is most hyped up about whatever the topic of the day is.

I will say something.  The Big Trip program they had on after that game was like a gut punch.  Just harkening back to another time that was rough and seeing a plan that went into place to build the team.  And that paid dividends down the road.  Granted you needed a Garrett and Smart talent infusion but the core was there.  I don't feel that here.  So just a reminder if what a well oiled machine we were in my lifetime juxtaposed against what we just witnessed the 2 hours before....ugh.

And they ended it with Coach Knight, obviously deteriorating but showing some of that old fire and knowing that this team just laid down that night and let Purdue run us off our own court...on that night.  It is just infuriating.  We are going to deemphasize this thing that we are good for and focus on academics...which academics should be a focus...but now we are not known for either.  Not among our peers in this conference.  We look down at maybe 3 schools academically and lately we have about 9 schools looking down on us in basketball.  I know he is dead but bleep Myles Brand and every jagoff since him that has been in charge of this mess.  Those idiots have not done one damn thing as stewards of this university.  If there was justice in the world there would be a bunch more people walking out the door with Miller because he isn't the only one doing a mediocre job with his employment. 

11 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I am not an insider but live in the area and there has been pressure on dolson to make a changes some time. That say he is a nice guy with a better handle on what basketball means at Indiana more so than glass did! But they don’t know if he has the nads to make the obvious decision being glass got him the job and he was/is ? A yes man

Well that doesn’t sound promising. Sounds more like the AD would rather hang for another year or two until the pressure is so big he can lesson the responsibility of his leadership by hiding behind so much overwhelming chaos “I just had to make the change.”

By that time the program is in shambles AGAIN, kids transferring, TOTAL rebuild. 

Archived