It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

https://www.1075thefan.com/

Can listen online there.  Seems like the first 30 minutes for Dan usually set the tone.  That is when he is most hyped up about whatever the topic of the day is.

I will say something.  The Big Trip program they had on after that game was like a gut punch.  Just harkening back to another time that was rough and seeing a plan that went into place to build the team.  And that paid dividends down the road.  Granted you needed a Garrett and Smart talent infusion but the core was there.  I don't feel that here.  So just a reminder if what a well oiled machine we were in my lifetime juxtaposed against what we just witnessed the 2 hours before....ugh.

And they ended it with Coach Knight, obviously deteriorating but showing some of that old fire and knowing that this team just laid down that night and let Purdue run us off our own court...on that night.  It is just infuriating.  We are going to deemphasize this thing that we are good for and focus on academics...which academics should be a focus...but now we are not known for either.  Not among our peers in this conference.  We look down at maybe 3 schools academically and lately we have about 9 schools looking down on us in basketball.  I know he is dead but bleep Myles Brand and every jagoff since him that has been in charge of this mess.  Those idiots have not done one damn thing as stewards of this university.  If there was justice in the world there would be a bunch more people walking out the door with Miller because he isn't the only one doing a mediocre job with his employment. 

A-Freaking-men

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Well that doesn’t sound promising. Sounds more like the AD would rather hang for another year or two until the pressure is so big he can lesson the responsibility of his leadership by hiding behind so much overwhelming chaos “I just had to make the change.”

By that time the program is in shambles AGAIN, kids transferring, TOTAL rebuild. 

Possibly depends on who is putting pressure on him and how much money that adds up to the athletic department. I do know some people that matter had questions last year. You can’t have a losing record in the big ten 4 years in a row and not fire the coach in any sport especially basketball. They need to fire him now and get started on conversations with potential replacements now in my opinion. The old saying you snooze you loose 

13 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

sad thing is, i did that and i never do that.  i only half paid attention once we got down because we all knew we were not recovering.  i actually missed the last few minutes because i was doing other stuff.  i never do that.  sad.  

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I so badly want to be but just cant. Trust me I hate it.

I think @BGleas mentioned how this is similar to the end with FCTC, and I agree that it just feels very similar, with a minor difference - I didn't like some of those Crean teams for reasons I can't really put a finger on, but I really, really like these players and this coach. That's one of the reasons I keep watching, and keep hoping the light will go on, and there have been a couple of times during CAM's tenure that I thought it was happening, and then the bottom just falls out.

Just now, AxnJxn said:

I think @BGleas mentioned how this is similar to the end with FCTC, and I agree that it just feels very similar, with a minor difference - I didn't like some of those Crean teams for reasons I can't really put a finger on, but I really, really like these players and this coach. That's one of the reasons I keep watching, and keep hoping the light will go on, and there have been a couple of times during CAM's tenure that I thought it was happening, and then the bottom just falls out.

I get that. I keep getting hopes up to be let down.  Many years ago I coached a kid that had never met his father. In high school his dad wanted them to meet and the player asked me to go with him and 4 times this kid got his hopes up only for Dad to cancel and each time the change from high to low became more prominent.  Finally I stepped in found Dad and told him to do it now or just walk away it's not fair. I know one is real life and the other is a game to a fan. With each passing day I find my hopes getting higher and let down lower. 

18 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Possibly depends on who is putting pressure on him and how much money that adds up to the athletic department. I do know some people that matter had questions last year. You can’t have a losing record in the big ten 4 years in a row and not fire the coach in any sport especially basketball. They need to fire him now and get started on conversations with potential replacements now in my opinion. The old saying you snooze you loose 

I personally couldn’t agree more. In my opinion if they don’t it’s more proof they’re not concerned in the least with our program returning to its rightful spot.

I think that’s what’s really sad about this situation. With Crean I was ready for him to be gone in 2014 but he managed to hold on for a few years longer. With CAM, he’s brought in recruits that to me have been really easy to root for. Good students, good people, never in trouble, and look like good teammates. Archie also fit the mold of what we wanted at IU. Get old, stay old, minimal recruits who wouldn’t stick around, tough, hard-nosed defense, and a guy who seemed to be up to the challenge of getting IU back to a top level. It feels like everything that could’ve gone wrong has gone wrong and we just haven’t been able to catch a break. But at a certain point, you just have to move on if the wins aren’t there. I really like Archie and think he’s a good coach, but it just seems so clear that it isn’t going to work. I’ve been a pretty strong supporter of Archie this year, but it’s hard to ignore that it’s time to move on. 

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

I think that’s what’s really sad about this situation. With Crean I was ready for him to be gone in 2014 but he managed to hold on for a few years longer. With CAM, he’s brought in recruits that to me have been really easy to root for. Good students, good people, never in trouble, and look like good teammates. Archie also fit the mold of what we wanted at IU. Get old, stay old, minimal recruits who wouldn’t stick around, tough, hard-nosed defense, and a guy who seemed to be up to the challenge of getting IU back to a top level. It feels like everything that could’ve gone wrong has gone wrong and we just haven’t been able to catch a break. But at a certain point, you just have to move on if the wins aren’t there. I really like Archie and think he’s a good coach, but it just seems so clear that it isn’t going to work. I’ve been a pretty strong supporter of Archie this year, but it’s hard to ignore that it’s time to move on. 

That was me going into this season. Kept the door cracked a tad just in case some legit strides and consistency reared its head, but it’s obvious that isn’t coming. Period.

10 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

It’s not that his first game as an IU coach he got blown out by IPFW.

It’s not that he has THE highest recruiting budget IN ALL OF COLLEGE basketball and can’t win any battles inside (Brooks, Kaufman, Furst) or outside (Garcia, Quinoes, Carton, Mohammed).

It’s not that with JMO and lottery pick Romeo Langford that he found a way to lose 12-13 consecutive games and crap the bed against Ohio St in the tourney to make it to the NIT. 

It’s not that he’s never beaten Purdue.

It’s not that we’ve ever been comfortably in the tournament or even sniffed a big ten title.

It’s not that he was point guard in college/background in that role and yet our point guards are the worst contributors right now. 

It’s not that he’s incapable of following up a win against a ranked opponent with another win.

Its not the fact that every assistant other than Ostrom has dipped within 4 years (Schilling, Flint, Elston).

It’s not because coaches who started at the same time or later (Howard, Holtman, Underwood) have found a way to not only compete for conference titles, but for national titles. 

Its not that it’s a lame excuse to say “we could have anticipated this when he didn’t coach at a power 5 program” when Nate Oats, Shaka Smart, and Mike Cronin have figured it out. Not to mention, Daytons following coach won coach of the year and could have won a national title with that team last year.

What it is is that he’s just a sub par coach that’s consistently inconsistent, coupled with the fact that he’s not a Tom Allen type man where even if they never won a game I know Coach Allen is making them better members of their community. 

He needs to go ASAP 

Well Oates hasn't proven a thing yet since it has been one year. Smart was on a hot seat coming into this year and after a hot start is now 13-6

2 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Is there any chattered anyone is saying besides fans being done?

Usually by now there’s “insiders” saying people high up are asking questions, boosters are fed up, etc. Maybe I’ve missed those posts.

I have heard a lot of former players aren't happy and there have been plenty of articles written on this subject.

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i will continue to watch very game.  it's painful and takes bourbon to make it tolerable, but IU bball has been a big part of my life since i can remember.  i still look forward to watching even when i know we suck.  kind of like the Cubs i guess.  

I am the same besides the drinking.  I rather be able to watch a game and not have a game at all to watch.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

He is absolutely killing the players.  He is saying some of the stuff I was thinking last night and held back...and he is being much more harsh than even I would have been.

I’m listening and yea he’s directing everything at players right now. And I get it...

BUT a human being can’t play with 100% intensity season after season if they lose faith in their leader. This is a chicken or egg...

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m listening and yea he’s directing everything at players right now. And I get it...

BUT a human being can’t play with 100% intensity season after season if they lose faith in their leader. This is a chicken or egg...

Yeah, I think there is plenty of blame to go around.  And one of the things he mentioned is our fault.  It is the one place where I think Scott's "blame the fans" thing really comes into play...and it isn't because we are too negative, it is because we build these kids up too much before they ever set foot on campus.  Indiana has more internet presence and more bloggers following players and more active sites like this or Peegs or Rivals that are actually active than any other similarly situated program with our production over the past 20 years.  So kids come in with a heightened sense of where they fall in the pecking order.

Leary said that our current image is weight room pictures.  Dakich says we got guys who are great about posting highlight videos of themselves after games.  We have parents on social media complaining.  We need to get our kids off Twitter during the season.  Parents need to be encouraged to stay off.  And we as fans need to dial it way down when it comes to recruits.  Let the guys get on campus and actually do something before we make them rockstars.

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah, I think there is plenty of blame to go around.  And one of the things he mentioned is our fault.  It is the one place where I think Scott's "blame the fans" thing really comes into play...and it isn't because we are too negative, it is because we build these kids up too much before they ever set foot on campus.  Indiana has more internet presence and more bloggers following players and more active sites like this or Peegs or Rivals that are actually active than any other similarly situated program with our production over the past 20 years.  So kids come in with a heightened sense of where they fall in the pecking order.

Leary said that our current image is weight room pictures.  Dakich says we got guys who are great about posting highlight videos of themselves after games.  We have parents on social media complaining.  We need to get our kids off Twitter during the season.  Parents need to be encouraged to stay off.  And we as fans need to dial it way down when it comes to recruits.  Let the guys get on campus and actually do something before we make them rockstars.

I heard Leary say that last night about the weight room.  He also gets mad about players going to twitter right after the game.

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

He is absolutely killing the players.  He is saying some of the stuff I was thinking last night and held back...and he is being much more harsh than even I would have been.

I don't know how you guys listen to him, and the thing is, he makes decent points, but it gets buried in his angry vitriol and lashing out at anyone who dares disagree with him. I think he's great as a color guy on TV because he has to tone things down some and can't insult anyone who comes near him, but on the radio, he's the 'I know I'm a bitch, but it's just who I am' girl that we all knew in high school. I listened to most of the first segment, and it's a bunch of calling people slaps, crybabies, and a number of other insults. 

1 minute ago, AxnJxn said:

I don't know how you guys listen to him, and the thing is, he makes decent points, but it gets buried in his angry vitriol and lashing out at anyone who dares disagree with him. I think he's great as a color guy on TV because he has to tone things down some and can't insult anyone who comes near him, but on the radio, he's the 'I know I'm a bitch, but it's just who I am' girl that we all knew in high school. I listened to most of the first segment, and it's a bunch of calling people slaps, crybabies, and a number of other insults. 

That is where I am at with DD.  It is usually not what he says but how he says it

So anyone else email Dolson and get a response today?  I did and was suprised to get a reply.  I'm sure it was a form letter sent to every other fan emailing their frustrations but at least I know someone saw it at IU. 

If you haven't emailed your displeasure and  want a change you should...  email Dolson.

athldir@indiana.edu

Go Hoosiers!!!

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Idk about the hyping players. I’ve followed recruiting closely since Street and Smith magazines lol players are always hyped by fans. In the SEC (I follow that recruiting closely) it is INSANE how fans of all teams fawn all over them and any team in the top half of the SEC is absurd how they fawn over incoming players. It’s like a cult.

And when they get to the team’s the coaches that are good get those players humble and crushing it and the coaches don’t or can’t...proof is in the pudding.

I’ve followed recruiting like a HAWK for 25 years in Big Ten basketball and SEC football and I assure you our fans are smarter about basketball them any, but they can’t hold a candle to the SEC social media fawning of incoming players.

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

So anyone else email Dolson and get a response today?  I did and was suprised to get a reply.  I'm sure it was a form letter sent to every other fan emailing their frustrations but at least I know someone saw it at IU. 

If you haven't emailed your displeasure and  want a change you should...  email Dolson.

athldir@indiana.edu

Go Hoosiers!!!

I have 3 times in the last few weeks.  I haven't checked today to see if I got a response from last night but did the other two times

3 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

I’m off now. Haven’t listened in years. He’s said 2 min of information and just repeats it with different bitterness in 14 different ways.

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

I’m off now. Haven’t listened in years. He’s said 2 min of information and just repeats it with different bitterness in 14 different ways.

I mean, people want to blame the fans, but has anyone ever thought about how much this guy hurts recruiting by going after the parents of the players? He was ripping TJD's and Leal's parents for who knows what. 

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

It is funny going into every year DD says he thinks IU will be very good.  I think he just does that so he can go on his show when it doesn't happened to say how they are underperforming to his expectations.

Archived