It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

if that's it, i didn't see anyone say anything personal that i remember.  when i think "mocking" someone, i think making fun of them in a more personal way.  i don't know.  

Did you click on the link?

Would you like someone talking about your players like that? Or your children?

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

sorry, i actually missed the link.  i just went back and looked.  i mean, no one wants to hear anything bad about their kid.  i wouldn't either.  that said, i guess that's what i'd call mocking.  he said nothing but good about his character and said he gives us nothing.  maybe harsh, but that's mocking?  i don't know  i guess if you say so.   

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So saying they aren’t good, playing awful, soft, are what you consider making fun and mocking?? Damn my junior high coach said all of that to us and we took and used it for motivation.  Now he’s a good friend of mine.

1 hour ago, IUProfessor said:

I think the point about the lack of great replacement options is key here. Matta, Pitino, Donovan, Beilein, etc., aren't coming for various reasons. I like Nate Oats more than most, but he's a safer hire a year from now once you see how he does in his third season at Alabama.

The other factor, rightly or wrongly, is COVID. I have no doubts IU would have won at least a couple of the home games it lost with any sort of crowd support. 

None of that is meant to serve as a full-throated defense of Archie's record to date. But I don't think it would be entirely unreasonable to give him a fifth year in light of COVID, the buyout, etc., if you don't think a great replacement is out there.

Indeed, moving forward until the summer with Archie would give Dolson time to thoroughly kick the tires on Brad Stevens. If it becomes utterly apparent that Stevens won't come, then you can begin to move on to other possibilities. But if you terminate Archie now, then the timing won't allow you to wait until Stevens might leave the Celtics in May or June. The pressure will be too great to make a hire sooner. Unless there is another candidate out there who is a clear upgrade, that would be a mistake IMO.

In my mind Covid can’t be used as an excuse for IU in the least.

it’s like a track coach using wind as an excuse for his runners not racing well. Folks it was the same for everyone.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

So saying they aren’t good, playing awful, soft, are what you consider making fun and mocking?? Damn my junior high coach said all of that to us and we took and used it for motivation.  Now he’s a good friend of mine.

It is the culture we live in now where there is entitlement and the culture is soft.  I don't blame the kids because it was the way they were raised where you don't have to earn anything but it is given to you.

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Go to a Franklin College baseball game. My son was warming up to pitch and their whole crowd of students go down 3rd base line to heckler and cuss him and call him every name in the book. My wife was ready to fight all of them. My son ignored it struck out the side walked to dugout and tipped his hat to those fans. Parents do like it but athletes shut them up with their play. Their is no excuse to call kids name but do what you do and shut them up

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is the culture we live in now where there is entitlement and the culture is soft.  I don't blame the kids because it was the way they were raised where you don't have to earn anything but it is given to you.

It’s most definitely a soft, soft world.  Really sad to see what our country has become but that’s not for here I guess.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Having strippers come in for recruits is the definition of immorality.   Also breaking known rules to me is something I don't want coaching at IU.  You might not think those rules are a big deal but they are rules none the less.

I don't think strippers are immoral. I'm not trying to get into a deep discussion on morality, I completely understand that's an issue for some people and can see that they'd have an issue with Pitino as a result. That's just not the case for me.

I have no issue with people having the bodily autonomy to do what they want with their own bodies. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I don't think strippers are immoral. I'm not trying to get into a deep discussion on morality, I completely understand that's an issue for some people and can see that they'd have an issue with Pitino as a result. That's just not the case for me.

I have no issue with people having the bodily autonomy to do what they want with their own bodies. 

My only thing is if my 17 yr old son is provided a stripper at a campus visit. As an adult do what u want. 

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Go to a Franklin College baseball game. My son was warming up to pitch and their whole crowd of students go down 3rd base line to heckler and cuss him and call him every name in the book. My wife was ready to fight all of them. My son ignored it struck out the side walked to dugout and tipped his hat to those fans. Parents do like it but athletes shut them up with their play. Their is no excuse to call kids name but do what you do and shut them up

I had a friend that played baseball for Franklin College...His cousin was a pretty fair basketball player for Purdue...

You can criticize the players all you want...But I just don't think we should be treating our players that way...

Go through the game threads...some of it is over the top...I understand frustration, but that's BS to me... 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My only thing is if my 17 yr old son is provided a stripper at a campus visit. As an adult do what u want. 

Yeah, that's fair. I guess in my mind the strippers were for current players (young adults) but if I'm misremembering that it's pretty different than what I had in my head. 

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

can also say we wouldn't have won some of our road games for the same reason

Not really. The home court advantage at Northwestern isn't really there, because it's a lot of IU fans, Nebraska isn't exactly a basketball hotbed, and Iowa is Iowa - meh. I'd say AH is in the upper third of the B1G with respect to home court advantage. So, if you give everyone their fans back, we would have a bit of an advantage at home. 'Course, this team doesn't seem to play well anywhere, so it might not matter at all.

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, that's fair. I guess in my mind the strippers were for current players (young adults) but if I'm misremembering that it's pretty different than what I had in my head. 

Much worse than that. And it was recruits.

At least three former University of Louisville men's basketball recruits have confirmed to NCAA investigators that they attended parties inside an on-campus dorm where strippers danced for them and prostitutes were paid to have sex with them, a source close to the NCAA investigation told Outside the Lines.

In October, five former University of Louisville basketball players and recruits told Outside the Lines that they attended the recruiting parties. One former recruit, who went on to play at Louisville, said that he had sex with a dancer after McGee paid her.

Another recruit, who ultimately signed to play elsewhere, said of the parties: "I knew they weren't college girls. It was crazy. It was like I was in a strip club."

The three recruits who met with NCAA investigators also provided information about the amount of money they were given by McGee at the parties to tip the dancers who stripped, the source close to the investigation said.

"It's a pathetic story," the source said. "McGee gave the players a stack of dollar bills ranging from $200 to $500. Everybody in the room got the money -- the recruits and the current members of the team. Not only that, but McGee himself had his own stack of dollar bills. If this guy's spending $2,000 to $3,000 on a recruiting weekend, where's this money coming from?"

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/14951432/three-former-louisville-basketball-recruits-told-ncaa-investigators-attended-stripper-parties-had-sex-them

BOZICH | At Indiana, the question has shifted from NCAA Tournament to Archie Miller's future | Sports | wdrb.com

Another journalist on Archie's job status

Also was in the car and had it n 1070 and JMV was ripping into team and Archie.  He was saying the same thing we have all said and that the team quit and they play soft.  He said even the glass half full guys can't really think this will end well.

Archived