It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IUwins0708 said:

I emailed him as the AD as well.  Mine seemed to be by Dolson himself.  Or at least someone that read the email and replied.  They brought up specifics that I had put into my email.  I was surprised.

Did it say that thank you for your response and we take everyone's opinion seriously.  We appreciate the passionate fan base

On 2/22/2021 at 12:08 PM, IUFLA said:

The response I got was kind of dry.

'None of us are happy with the current state of the program. However, describing last night's game at Rutgers as "Archie's freshly minted turd" and comparing it to some of your "recent bowel movements" is inappropriate and a bit over the top, to say the least'.

7 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Not that I really suspect anyone has, but has anyone heard that the power to be are feed up with Archie’s progress as a program.

If you skim back it seems as though yes the rumblings are there as much as anyone can confirm. Just if it’ll be one last year or not

2 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

If you skim back it seems as though yes the rumblings are there as much as anyone can confirm. Just if it’ll be one last year or not

I doubt if you hear from the people that truly matters will come out and say anything.  I have heard former players and the media come out and call for his job but they won't be making the call.

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I am way lower on the totem pole than you guys.  Was it you basic generic e-mail

My response seemed canned and repeated based on what I wrote. I tried to write mine uniquely talking briefly about growing up in Indiana moving to Wisconsin and starving for IU to return to what it was and sincerely asking him to help get us back to where we should be.

His answer was talking about frustrations after the game last night and that he’s fully committed to getting Indiana basketball to the success it should be. I didn’t mention anything about last night’s game so...

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

My response seemed canned and repeated based on what I wrote. I tried to write mine uniquely talking briefly about growing up in Indiana moving to Wisconsin and starving for IU to return to what it was and sincerely asking him to help get us back to where we should be.

His answer was talking about frustrations after the game last night and that he’s fully committed to getting Indiana basketball to the success it should be. I didn’t mention anything about last night’s game so...

Maybe you got the wrong e-mail just like when Davis sent the wrong letter to Mike Conley.

Hey I should have pull with the AD. Glass should mention me! I sent a distance runner to IU from the team I coached that ended up becoming one of the best runners in IU Track history. And she visited IU only because I was a die hard fan and begged for them to give her attention. 

I should get a t shirt or hat or at least a legit reply for an email! 👀

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

Hey I should have pull with the AD. Glass should mention me! I sent a distance runner to IU from the team I coached that ended up becoming one of the best runners in IU Track history. And she visited IU only because I was a die hard fan and begged for them to give her attention. 

I should get a t shirt or hat or at least a legit reply for an email! 👀

Did you remind them of that in your e-mail LOL!

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

BOZICH | At Indiana, the question has shifted from NCAA Tournament to Archie Miller's future | Sports | wdrb.com

Another journalist on Archie's job status

Also was in the car and had it n 1070 and JMV was ripping into team and Archie.  He was saying the same thing we have all said and that the team quit and they play soft.  He said even the glass half full guys can't really think this will end well.

they clearly don't know IUFLA

21 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

The response I got was kind of dry.

'None of us are happy with the current state of the program. However, describing last night's game at Rutgers as "Archie's freshly minted turd" and comparing it to some of your "recent bowel movements" is inappropriate and a bit over the top, to say the least'.

that's good stuff

I want to say something here...although I completely disagree with IUFLA I deeply appreciate his take and willingness to stand with it. 

I appreciate diverse opinions and perspectives so thanks IUFLA even if I will continue to not watch IU likely if Archie is retained. 🤷🏻‍♂️👀😅

I wanna say I remember a long time ago (shortly after Brad took Celtics job), a relative telling me that Brad had an out clause in Boston specifically for IU in his contract. That said relative is an alumni who donates money (not huge figures), and know a lot of other people who hear things that aren’t just from message board chatter.  I doubt they ever even get online lol. Anyways, hearing her say that does make me wonder if it was legit and if the stars really can align. I’m surely no insider myself, but the Brad talk reminded me of that a while back. 

3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I want to say something here...although I completely disagree with IUFLA I deeply appreciate his take and willingness to stand with it. 

I appreciate diverse opinions and perspectives so thanks IUFLA even if I will continue to not watch IU likely if Archie is retained. 🤷🏻‍♂️👀😅

Totally agree because I use to be in his shoes.  It is very admirable to stay with your convictions when others are against you.

Archived