It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

9 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I wanna say I remember a long time ago (shortly after Brad took Celtics job), a relative telling me that Brad had an out clause in Boston specifically for IU in his contract. That said relative is an alumni who donates money (not huge figures), and know a lot of other people who hear things that aren’t just from message board chatter.  I doubt they ever even get online lol. Anyways, hearing her say that does make me wonder if it was legit and if the stars really can align. I’m surely no insider myself, but the Brad talk reminded me of that a while back. 

I remember hearing about that also. Color me SO skeptical.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve been thru so many of theee coaching searches between UT football and IU hoops the past 20 years. I have to admit I have about a 99% belief that if fired, we will end up with a guy who doesn’t have a BAD resume, and has elements of hope, but is no one we are going to do back flips over. 

The problem is if he’s fired “insiders” and hopeful people will run with ideas of pie on the sky possibilities and we end up with a young potential up abs comer and a lot of us shrug our shoulders and get on board.

Just prepare yourselves. Might work out! I’m serious too. But it more likely won’t be some show stopper.

Just now, IU Scott said:

All I know is whoever the next coach is he better be a kind of coach that lets his players play with freedom.  To me our guys looked scared or just don't have confidence when they are on the court

I agree BUT I was also saying after Crean we better hire someone who knows how to run a structured half court offense without this stupid three hairs weave followed by a player going one on one. Set a damn screen and cut!”

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

I agree BUT I was also saying after Crean we better hire someone who knows how to run a structured half court offense without this stupid three hairs weave followed by a player going one on one. Set a damn screen and cut!”

I am not saying just go Loyola Marymount but our offense is way to rigid.  Go watch old IU games under RMK and his players played with some flow and freedom

47 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Hey I should have pull with the AD. Glass should mention me! I sent a distance runner to IU from the team I coached that ended up becoming one of the best runners in IU Track history. And she visited IU only because I was a die hard fan and begged for them to give her attention. 

I should get a t shirt or hat or at least a legit reply for an email! 👀

If you haven’t seen the BTN coverage of this years XC meet you should check it out. It’s some of the best I’ve seen. 

Has anyone sent Scott Dolson a link to this board? We’re basically doing his job for him. 

19 hours ago, BGleas said:

I don't see how you can keep your job when in year 2 you lose 12 of 13 with Romeo Langford, in year 3 you lose to Purdue in Bob Knight's return to Assembly Hall, and then in year 4 you miss the tournament when the entire thing is being played in Indiana. 

Well said sir!! That game was when I started to lose confidence in CAM!! The team literally had no desire and yes, played soft, IMO.

Yes, I'm still pi$$ed!!!

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also Last night Leary said he thought if TJD comes back to college he thought he could transfer and go somewhere that will be a tournament team.

Why do you all of a sudden think Leary is the expert on everything?

He's demonstrated what kind of person he is...anything to make a buck...

Just now, IUFLA said:

Why do you all of a sudden think Leary is the expert on everything?

He's demonstrated what kind of person he is...anything to make a buck...

Just saying what others are saying.  Not saying it would happen but it is being said.  Also I guess you don't believe in forgiveness when people makes a mistakes.  I am glad I know the one being who I need forgiveness from and that is not you.

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also Last night Leary said he thought if TJD comes back to college he thought he could transfer and go somewhere that will be a tournament team.

I know you've made the switch.....but using Leary as anyone with a voice of substance or reason should be beneath you. 

I'll listen to most but Leary isn't one of them. Still not sure who this Coyle dude is but a little disappointed (regardless of product) that's a platform people actually seek out. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Just saying what others are saying.  Not saying it would happen but it is being said.  Also I guess you don't believe in forgiveness when people makes a mistakes.  I am glad I know the one being who I need forgiveness from and that is not you.

I'm all for forgiveness...but I'm also keenly aware that everybody is sorry when they get caught...

I have a friend who was a stock broker who spent some time for money issues...

I've forgiven him and love him dearly but I'd never trust him handling my money...

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don’t get that take...unless we have a new coach...but why would Trayce leave. He is being showcased at IU. The whole offense is built around you. He would never play anywhere that would use him more. Now if Archie is gone of course all bets are off.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

That article isnt very good. Refers to BS as former NCAA champion (not true) and has this as well...

"However, his departure from the NCAA was a little messy. After reportedly agreeing on a 10-year contract with Butler in 2010, Stevens would leave the contract within five years to join Boston in the NBA. At the same time, Stevens fielded offers from multiple schools. This included the Indiana Hoosiers, Illinois Fighting Illini, and the UCLA Bruins."

I wouldn't call his departure messy. It came as a surprise to most I'd say (in an out of the blue, going to NBA sense).

This is the 1st that I  heard he fielded offers from us and those other 2 schools (or any other schools). Maybe I missed it...

Also he left for the Celtics in 2013 not five years after 2010 either...

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm all for forgiveness...but I'm also keenly aware that everybody is sorry when they get caught...

I have a friend who was a stock broker who spent some time for money issues...

I've forgiven him and love him dearly but I'd never trust him handling my money...

Do you keep bringing up his mistakes to him and not letting it go.  You can never forget something but the important part is actually forgiving those actions

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t get that take...unless we have a new coach...but why would Trayce leave. He is being showcased at IU. The whole offense is built around you. He would never play anywhere that would use him more. Now if Archie is gone of course all bets are off.

To win and maybe find a place that will develop his skill sets more than shooting within 3 feet

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

Actually I think the best bet he comes back is that we hire someone that can convince him to stay and grow more as a player being used differently.

I couldn't imagine how TJD and Race would do if we hired Oates ad the coach.  He wants all 5 positions to be able to spread the floor and shoot from deep

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Do you keep bringing up his mistakes to him and not letting it go.  You can never forget something but the important part is actually forgiving those actions

Yes @IU Scott... Every time I see him I say, "hey dude... Remember that crap you pulled that got you a room in The Stoney Lonesome? "

🙄

Archived