It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/28/2021 at 9:49 PM, Brass Cannon said:

You aren’t joking. Was force fed the narrative all through high school that you are a failure if you don’t go to college.  We are desperately short of skilled trades people in this country.  We need to stop demeaning this work.  

Dont mean to derail again, but went back and saw this and completely agree.  I was told I had to go to college and that was it.

I ended up getting a B.S. degree in Biology and it has served me well.  

That said, I grew up fixing my own vehicle's, took AG classes in high school.  I can weld, plumb, do electrical work, drywall, frame, you name it. Two reasons, my family taught me and my school had programs that taught these things too. Absolutely no shame going into the trades. 

On 3/1/2021 at 4:46 PM, iuthruandthru said:

I can’t stop thinking about the fact the tournament will be in the state of Indiana completely this year and this team likely won’t be playing.  That just says so much to me about why a change needs to be made. Fans will be allowed, who wouldn’t be hyped for that.

That is the biggest insult of Archie’s failure to bring this program back! He can’t recruit 

I’m just embarrassed at this point. Feel awful for all the fans. To hear 23 straight tournaments for Michigan state and 5 straight losing seasons in big ten for Indiana is surreal. How can you possibly sit on your hands after this season? Money is the only reason and that just stinks. We have to have a change in direction. 

48 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

I’m just embarrassed at this point. Feel awful for all the fans. To hear 23 straight tournaments for Michigan state and 5 straight losing seasons in big ten for Indiana is surreal. How can you possibly sit on your hands after this season? Money is the only reason and that just stinks. We have to have a change in direction. 

How much money does a guy really need? There are a few alumni that could pony up and remedy this situation.  

This is where I am at. If Archie comes back then whatever. But Scott Dolson better use the entire year next year figuring out the solution after next year. He better tell Archie to have 5-6 transfers ready to go. Also make a few changes at Assistant coach. 
IF IU fires Archie this year.... They better have a good answer to not make this program any lower then it is. At this point... The team is predictable and one quick 13-2 run from Purdue Saturday might be the final knockout punch to any morale this team has. 

5 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

This is where I am at. If Archie comes back then whatever. But Scott Dolson better use the entire year next year figuring out the solution after next year. He better tell Archie to have 5-6 transfers ready to go. Also make a few changes at Assistant coach. 
IF IU fires Archie this year.... They better have a good answer to not make this program any lower then it is. At this point... The team is predictable and one quick 13-2 run from Purdue Saturday might be the final knockout punch to any morale this team has. 

We have already made two changes to the coaching staff in the last two years.

10 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

I’d say any morale they have has been deleted. It’s OVER.

Let’s say Archie is back next season... Assembly Hall would be interesting. Would they boo him? Boo him during Hoosier Hysteria? When called out for the first time. Boo him worse then the time Crean was there? Would the stadium fill up? Would fans care as much?

Archived