It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

But if I'm TJD, do I take the ball up against a double team or do I pass it out to a wide open guard for an airball. I recall a recent game where he was doubled, he looked to a wide open Lander outside the arc, paused and then put up a shot. I really can't blame him.

I don't either...

26 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

There is a person on another board who works for IU. There is a person on another board who works for IU I believe. He said the athletic department is trying to find out if they would lose more money getting rid of Archie or keeping him do to apathy. They are hurting financially do to losing 40 million this year but they are thinking it might be better to move on now. This goes along with what I said a couple days ago. This guy also said feelers have been sent out to other current head coaches and it's not been great. Stevens is a pipe dream. It's pointing to an IU guy that wants to job and won't cost a ton of money. He might not be a home run people are looking for but it's probably the most realistic option and it's not Alford. 

Interesting....but, I find it hard to believe "this person who works at IU" has divulged such private information as this. I am not saying it's not true or even been discussed among the IU "muscle". Maybe this guy is a custodial engineer and heard while emptying the trash.....🤫

The Breakfast Club

2 minutes ago, labeck81 said:

Appreciate the post and the first part makes a lot of sense, but I find it hard to believe someone would be privy to the feelers and then be able to share that on a message board, so color me skeptical.

I’m not so sure about the feelers but I do know the BoT and the Athletic Department have a virtual meeting Sunday.  These don’t happen often and they never happen on a Sunday.  Not saying something is happening because I don’t know other than this meeting.  Odd timing for a meeting since it will be after our game with Purdue and our last regular season game of the year.   Starting to THINK the ball is rolling.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not so sure about the feelers but I do know the BoT and the Athletic Department have a virtual meeting Sunday.  These don’t happen often and they never happen on a Sunday.  Not saying something is happening because I don’t know other than this meeting.  Odd timing for a meeting since it will be after our game with Purdue and our last regular season game of the year.   Starting to THINK the ball is rolling.

HSN alert level is hereby raised from yellow to orange. 

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Interesting....but, I find it hard to believe "this person who works at IU" has divulged such private information as this. I am not saying it's not true or even been discussed among the IU "muscle". Maybe this guy is a custodial engineer and heard while emptying the trash.....🤫

The Breakfast Club

Ahhhhh, nothing like a Breakfast Club reference!

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I have been saying for a while that the PU game could really decide CAM's fate but now I really think he is gone regardless. PU loss will just be the proverbial straw

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Meh, prolly talking some NIT over brunch....

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

HSN alert level is hereby raised from yellow to orange. 

Dear God don’t say that, my PMs will be full and if nothing happens I made it up, don’t know anything, not basing it on facts, just stirring the pot.  I debated, yet again, wether to even post it because I know some get their panties in a bunch over stuff like this.  That’s why I said I THINK the ball is rolling.  I DONT know anything other than a meeting, an odd timed meeting at that.

8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

This is the kind of stuff I like to hear...

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Dear God don’t say that, my PMs will be full and if nothing happens I made it up, don’t know anything, not basing it on facts, just stirring the pot.  I debated, yet again, wether to even post it because I know some get their panties in a bunch over stuff like this.  That’s why I said I THINK the ball is rolling.  I DONT know anything other than a meeting, an odd timed meeting at that.

Sorry, man.  No harm meant.  

LOL.  Back to brunch!  

Just don’t get your hopes up, it could mean nothing.  Doubtful but it could.  

Just curious and really want your opinion on this.

Do you think it would help our cause if I sold my soul to the Devil?  The thought has crossed my mind...

16 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

The Breakfast Club

He’s been right about a lot of things in the past. He might not work in the athletic department itself but I’m pretty sure he works at IU. 

22 minutes ago, labeck81 said:

Appreciate the post and the first part makes a lot of sense, but I find it hard to believe someone would be privy to the feelers and then be able to share that on a message board, so color me skeptical.

He’s been right about a lot of things in the past. He might not work in the athletic department itself but I’m pretty sure he works at IU. 

3 hours ago, AxnJxn said:

My issue with firing CAM now is really kind of stupid, but I really want to see what this freshman class does next year and going forward. It's a really interesting mix of skills - Leal can shoot, Geronimo looks like a highlight reel waiting to happen, Lander looks like he's going to be the PG we've been missing for 4 years, and Galloway has that basketball IQ we all talk about (ok, ok, he's taken a couple of really dumb shots, but anyway). Combine that with a healthy Franklin who, before his injury, looked like he was developing into our Aaron Henry guy who could create his own shot and was the go to guy down the stretch. Mix in another year of Race, and I'm intrigued to see how it goes.

On the other hand, it's really bad right now, and another loss to Purdue is going to be pretty much rock bottom.

From what we seen for 4 years is that those freshman won't develop wit this coaching staff. Why not bring in a new coach who might be able to develop these freshman better than the current staff.

Archived