It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

21 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Dear God don’t say that, my PMs will be full and if nothing happens I made it up, don’t know anything, not basing it on facts, just stirring the pot.  I debated, yet again, wether to even post it because I know some get their panties in a bunch over stuff like this.  That’s why I said I THINK the ball is rolling.  I DONT know anything other than a meeting, an odd timed meeting at that.

I know, I know Chief...I do however feel the same way. I just think (let’s say hope) this new administration may finally be giving up on trying to plug holes in this sinking ship. I sure hope so.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IU Scott said:

From what we seen for 4 years is that those freshman won't develop wit this coaching staff. Why not bring in a new coach who might be able to develop these freshman better than the current staff.

Now that isn't so.  Franklin and Race.

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Just don’t get your hopes up, it could mean nothing.  Doubtful but it could.  

I appreciate the info and take it with the intent it was delivered.  The game of telephone often leads to some differences in the message.

The guy on btownbanners is chris007, he is the person dropping info.  I do believe an analysis is probably being done on the financial side of things.  "Will it cost us more to keep this s-show going?" is exactly the kind of thinking I would link to the people who run IU.  They don't want to fire him, these results would be fine if the fanbase was not starting to lose their ish over the direction of the program.  Dolson let that cat out of the bag with AJ.  They want to find that happy medium of winning where the fan base is not apathetic but winning doesn't become THE goal.  They are disconnected from their fanbase, I don't think they can have engagement without wins.  They are trying to thread an impossibly small needle and doing so is what leads to the other thing he mentioned, fans acting out.

Dolson better not come out at the next news conference and say that the expectation is BT and NCAA championships if they settle on Fife.  That is very clearly BS at that point.  Fife may have that Moren/Allen magic in him, but that is not why he is being hired.

If Dane is the guy, good luck to him.  I think he is being put in a really tough spot.  The closest thing to it would be Mike Davis IMO.  Getting this huge job when the majority of your experience is as an assistant, with a short stint at a really small program in the artist formerly known as IPFW.

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

Well I don’t want to be a Debbie downer and I haven’t watched a single minute of Baylor, but are walking into Crean’s offense 2.0 if we hire him? Where all it takes to beat them is a disciplined, half court team that’s even close to their talent level?

The thing is that no matter who you hire they will bring in a similar offense to Baylor's.  Watch a lot of college games and this is what you will see 90% of the time.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

There is a person on another board who works for IU. There is a person on another board who works for IU I believe. He said the athletic department is trying to find out if they would lose more money getting rid of Archie or keeping him do to apathy. They are hurting financially do to losing 40 million this year but they are thinking it might be better to move on now. This goes along with what I said a couple days ago. This guy also said feelers have been sent out to other current head coaches and it's not been great. Stevens is a pipe dream. It's pointing to an IU guy that wants to job and won't cost a ton of money. He might not be a home run people are looking for but it's probably the most realistic option and it's not Alford. 

So are you saying the coaches they are sending feelers out to his not great or the response they are getting is not great?

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is that no matter who you hire they will bring in a similar offense to Baylor's.  Watch a lot of college games and this is what you will see 90% of the time.

Ya know Scott, an offense always looks great when guys hit open shots.  I don't give a flip who the coach is.

53 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Yes, Fife. The guy said he doesn't know for sure that Fife has been reached out to yet but he thinks it could be what happens based on what he's heard. I personally think Fife could succeed at IU after learning from being a head coach and coaching with a hall of famer in Izzo. 

No. Just No....

He has been an assistant for over a decade in charge of recruiting. In no way shape of form is he ready for a head coach role at IU. Not even Mike Davis 2.0...

image.png.39b9ed55bff8c3d358dc9834476fc662.png

33 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not so sure about the feelers but I do know the BoT and the Athletic Department have a virtual meeting Sunday.  These don’t happen often and they never happen on a Sunday.  Not saying something is happening because I don’t know other than this meeting.  Odd timing for a meeting since it will be after our game with Purdue and our last regular season game of the year.   Starting to THINK the ball is rolling.

I am wondering if McRobbie is leaving in a few months I wonder why we haven't heard about any possible replacements.  I am not saying that could be what the meeting about but who knows.  I hope you are right that this could be about the HC position and that they know they can't bring him back for another year.

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Meh, my Dad provided well for me with his Purdue degree.

not discounting the fact that a PU degree can provide for a family because it clearly can but cheering for them as a sports fan can be like cheering for the devil in some eyes lol.  Cheering for PU sports vs getting a degree from PU are two different things, one can like attend PU but not care for PU sports.  

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

From what we seen for 4 years is that those freshman won't develop wit this coaching staff. Why not bring in a new coach who might be able to develop these freshman better than the current staff.

I'm not really sure why people keep saying that about CAM, that he can't/hasn't developed players. Franklin and Race are two examples of guys who are showing not just promise but actual production, and both look to be focal points of this team next year. We've also seen improvement from Lander over the course of this season. 

I know you guys are all set to throw dirt on CAM and move on, and I'm not necessarily at odds with that idea, but let's not completely ignore some of the positive things he has done.

Edit: Missed rico's responses above, so ... ditto!

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So are you saying the coaches they are sending feelers out to his not great or the response they are getting is not great?

The responses back haven't been great. That said things could change if the job officially opens. 

43 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Dear God don’t say that, my PMs will be full and if nothing happens I made it up, don’t know anything, not basing it on facts, just stirring the pot.  I debated, yet again, wether to even post it because I know some get their panties in a bunch over stuff like this.  That’s why I said I THINK the ball is rolling.  I DONT know anything other than a meeting, an odd timed meeting at that.

To much chatter out there...something is brewing...i like CAM but he is in over his head

16 minutes ago, JugRox said:

No. Just No....

He has been an assistant for over a decade in charge of recruiting. In no way shape of form is he ready for a head coach role at IU. Not even Mike Davis 2.0...

image.png.39b9ed55bff8c3d358dc9834476fc662.png

Fife became a head coach of a division 1 school at the age of 25 and the record improved each year. He then joined Michigan State to learn from a hall of fame coach and has developed into a good recruiter. Go look at Coach K's record at Army. Was Izzo ready to be the head coach at MSU? What about Juwan Howard at Michigan. Everyone gets there different. You could argue Fife is more prepared because he has learned from past mistakes of being a head coach and having failed. 

12 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

I'm not really sure why people keep saying that about CAM, that he can't/hasn't developed players. Franklin and Race are two examples of guys who are showing not just promise but actual production, and both look to be focal points of this team next year. We've also seen improvement from Lander over the course of this season. 

I know you guys are all set to throw dirt on CAM and move on, and I'm not necessarily at odds with that idea, but let's not completely ignore some of the positive things he has done.

Edit: Missed rico's responses above, so ... ditto!

So two players in 4 years is not a great percentage

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The responses back haven't been great. That said things could change if the job officially opens. 

Why would you expect great responses from the “feelers”. Any respectable coach is not gonna show is interest while still in season. They may realistically, and deep down, want to coach here, but no one’s gonna show their hand this early. 

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I'm amazed that Archie literally let TJD drop an "F you" on him during a time out and he then put him back in the game. TJD was mad from the possession before when they called a set for Rob to hit a 3 and he stood and pouted while the set was being run and then yelled at the bench running back down the court. DD was right about his attitude when he called him out last week. He is about himself more than the team. Should he have gotten the ball there? Probably but Archie can't let players show him up and he did. It's no wonder these guys don't listen to him when he can't hold his best player accountable he can't hold anyone accountable. 

not amazed.   look at how CAM rewards sloppy play,  and takes out guys who are showing some energy and excitement.  players get the message,,,,do whatever ...no fun with a leaderless group

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

So two players in 4 years is not a great percentage

It's also less than what I said, because I included Lander. Let's go further - you haven't seen any development in Al? TJD? Hunter? I mean, could you guys bend over backwards any further to not give any credit to this coach? 

Yeah, Rob has regressed, and the freshmen class have played like freshmen. The team overall just hasn't gelled into a cohesive unit, for whatever reason, and I have no issues with CAM taking the blame for that. But, again, let's not ignore the positive things that have happened here just because the end results aren't where they should be.

1 minute ago, AxnJxn said:

It's also less than what I said, because I included Lander. Let's go further - you haven't seen any development in Al? TJD? Hunter? I mean, could you guys bend over backwards any further to not give any credit to this coach? 

Yeah, Rob has regressed, and the freshmen class have played like freshmen. The team overall just hasn't gelled into a cohesive unit, for whatever reason, and I have no issues with CAM taking the blame for that. But, again, let's not ignore the positive things that have happened here just because the end results aren't where they should be.

Maybe Al but TJD hasn't developed any more offensive moves so i don't see much development with him.

Archived