It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

3 minutes ago, TargaFlorio said:

Pete Thamel of Yahoo on Archie (among other coaches on the hot seat).  

https://sports.yahoo.com/coaching-carousel-sean-miller-arizona-patrick-ewing-191946911.html

I've had to change my photo to a Baghead fan.  Reminds of the times when the New Orleans Aints were playing.

I think this article sums up the IUBB situation fairly succinctly.  There is nothing about the IU admin that gives me ANY hope that Miller will not be returning as HC next year.  

Covid. did give CAM and the players some cover this year since no fans at AH.  Now with the pandemic seemingly winding down this year, there is a good chance some or all of the fans may be able to return to watch the games live at AH.

How do we safely get CAM and Dolson into and out of the building when the S*!t show that is now men's IUBB returns for a repeat performance.  They will be booed out of the building and an epic embarrassment to be affiliated with this dumpster fire next year!

Sad times indeed with no near term end in site. The only way I see out of the current mess is if CAM reigns for the good of the program and himself.  With his stubbornness, I don't see that as a viable option either.  Seems we'll be in stalemate for the foreseeable future.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've said on here before I believe. If I ever win a powerball like that....I'd have IU on probation within 3-4 years....but we'd have a title or two to show for it. 

I’d happily donate to a buyout even now if it meant we could land Brad Stevens or Billy Donavon...since they can’t guarantee that nor do I think they would even try hard to happen I would never donate to IU for anything. 

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Anyone have the details for the ESPN+ article by Jeff Borzello? 

Its pretty short.  

With that said, he's owed around $10 million, and it's unlikely the school would pay his buyout without a clear upgrade at the ready. And I'm just not sure IU's top options would be interested right now.

15 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

JMV (radio guy out of Indianapolis) said today that last night's game was the lowest rated IU game on the network since a game against Eastern Whatever state back in 2017/2018.  For a game against Michigan State with a mathematical chance to still make the tournament should we win out, the fans of both programs chose to look elsewhere.

Hey Dolson, I think the apathy problem you were worried about is here.  I'm not watching on Saturday either and I have no desire to watch the BTT.  Going to be awesome if you yahoos follow the advice in the article and make Miller the poster boy for guys on the hot seat next year.  A half full Assembly Hall booing the team is going to be awesome optics.

JMV SUCKS!! 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

It is easy to say hire a winner at a high major but the hard part is getting those guys to leave their high major job.

If it's hard to get guys to come to Indiana, then there is a reason, and it's NOT the fanbase. The fanbase would only be a problem if people looked at the situation here and said they can't win, because if they can win the fanbase is a huge positive.

So if something is holding us back from winning, what could it be? Surely not the admin....

21 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

JMV (radio guy out of Indianapolis) said today that last night's game was the lowest rated IU game on the network since a game against Eastern Whatever state back in 2017/2018.  For a game against Michigan State with a mathematical chance to still make the tournament should we win out, the fans of both programs chose to look elsewhere.

Hey Dolson, I think the apathy problem you were worried about is here.  I'm not watching on Saturday either and I have no desire to watch the BTT.  Going to be awesome if you yahoos follow the advice in the article and make Miller the poster boy for guys on the hot seat next year.  A half full Assembly Hall booing the team is going to be awesome optics.

I would believe that last night was the lowest rated game in a while.

I legitimately didn't even know we had a game last night until I checked the message boards this morning. 

Never have I been this apathetic about IU basketball.

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

If it's hard to get guys to come to Indiana, then there is a reason, and it's NOT the fanbase. The fanbase would only be a problem if people looked at the situation here and said they can't win, because if they can win the fanbase is a huge positive.

So if something is holding us back from winning, what could it be? Surely not the admin....

Probably a few things that come into play.  I think the main one is that coaches today are just not moving around as much or going in a lateral move.  They care more about fit and happiness over just worrying ab out working up the ladder and money.

3 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I legitimately didn't even know we had a game last night until I checked the message boards this morning. 

This was a makeup game and not on the schedule

Just now, GrangerHoosier said:

If you have already stopped giving money to the school (I am in that camp) and you want to see a change, Dolson made it clear that you should find another way to entertain yourself on game day. 

Losing games is quite a ways down his "reasons to be fired" list.  Losing money is #1 on the list.  Good luck digging out of your $40 million hole if you keep Miller around Dolson.  I am not going to watch sh-tty basketball for a 6th year in a row.  Sounds like quite a few people are falling into that camp.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If you have already stopped giving money to the school (I am in that camp) and you want to see a change, Dolson made it clear that you should find another way to entertain yourself on game day. 

Losing games is quite a ways down his "reasons to be fired" list.  Losing money is #1 on the list.  Good luck digging out of your $40 million hole if you keep Miller around Dolson.  I am not going to watch sh-tty basketball for a 6th year in a row.  Sounds like quite a few people are falling into that camp.

I love college basketball and IU basketball so i will always watch the game.  Saying that the last few games I have not really cared if we won or not.  I never want us to lose but right now it doesn't bother me because I want a new coach.

I frankly don't care what these national media folks think. They have no read on the IU fanbase. They haven't watched IU lose to Purdue 27 straight times. They haven't watched us miss free throw after free throw or go on 8 minute offensive droughts every game. They don't understand the lack of player development for guys like Rob Phinisee and Al Durham. All they do is look at our record (which is awful) but they have no idea how bad the product is on the floor.

Archie will be fired within a week after we lose in the Big Ten tournament - as he should be. Archie already knows he is going to be fired.

1 minute ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

I frankly don't care what these national media folks think. They have no read on the IU fanbase. They haven't watched IU lose to Purdue 27 straight times. They haven't watched us miss free throw after free throw or go on 8 minute offensive droughts every game. They don't understand the lack of player development for guys like Rob Phinisee and Al Durham. All they do is look at our record (which is awful) but they have no idea how bad the product is on the floor.

Archie will be fired within a week after we lose in the Big Ten tournament - as he should be. Archie already knows he is going to be fired.

27 straight time ? LOL!

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I love college basketball and IU basketball so i will always watch the game.  Saying that the last few games I have not really cared if we won or not.  I never want us to lose but right now it doesn't bother me because I want a new coach.

It would be a whole season of that.  And just from an aesthetic view, our games are awful to watch if you are disinterested.  If you were no an IU or MSU fan last night, you would have turned that game off before the first TV timeout.

It's bad basketball.

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It would be a whole season of that.  And just from an aesthetic view, our games are awful to watch if you are disinterested.  If you were no an IU or MSU fan last night, you would have turned that game off before the first TV timeout.

It's bad basketball.

Of coarse I would have turned that game off but the bad thing I have see to many college games look like that one last night.

15 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It's bad basketball.

Sometimes we are bad enough it’s contagious to the other team at least 🤷🏻‍♂️ Silver linings?

24 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Haven’t watched a complete game all this season. No interest. It’s mostly in protest and secondly for mental health and I’m not even kidding. I don’t need more crappy stuff in my life right now.

I can TOTALLY handle losing when we are clearly BUILDING towards something. We are back stroking in a pool full of trash juice and inviting people to cannonball in with us (fans).

Archived