It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

5 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I’m wondering, if he is for sure gonna be gone this year, would they most likely wait until they lose their game in the BTT? I’ve seen others say he ought to be gone after today’s game if we lose, but a part of me thinks the admin would wait til the season is completely done. 

You let him finish the year IMO.  That would include the BTT.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I’m Dolson I learn from when Glass hired Archie. Glass really focused on Archie from the start. He was who he wanted all along. If I’m Dolson I would look at what the Pacers did and talk to a number of coaches to see how they coach and what their plan for the program would be. I know the Pacers hire hasn’t paid off yet but it’s hard to tell with the injuries they’ve had. His X’s and O’s are better than old Nate. So if I was Dolson I’d look at several different candidates unless Stevens said yes.

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

If I’m Dolson I learn from when Glass hired Archie. Glass really focused on Archie from the start. He was who he wanted all along. If I’m Dolson I would look at what the Pacers did and talk to a number of coaches to see how they coach and what their plan for the program would be. I know the Pacers hire hasn’t paid off yet but it’s hard to tell with the injuries they’ve had. His X’s and O’s are better than old Nate. So if I was Dolson I’d look at several different candidates unless Stevens said yes.

I like where you’re going....good call. 

If Andy Enfield is being brought up, I’d like to definitely think the smoke is so thick it makes my eyes burn. There’s something about Dolson making me think he wants to get this right and get IU back to where they are supposed to be. Hopefully I’m not crazy with that thinking and he ends up being a yes man who gets forced to go the easy/cheap way. 

48 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Saw that the insider on the other board said he was told IU has reached out to Andy Enfield. Surely there are others, I would hope, knowing that’s the case. Sounds like a pretty unexciting choice to me if true. 

If we are that far down the totem pole already, just hire Fife and try the IU guy route. Enfield is 51, people digging Alford for his record, this guy is barely younger and has been meh in the Pac12.

1 Sweet 16 appearance.  1.

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

If we are that far down the totem pole already, just hire Fife and try the IU guy route. Enfield is 51, people digging Alford for his record, this guy is barely younger and has been meh in the Pac12.

Which is precisely why names like Enfield get leaked. So you can hire an Alford or Fife. No harm to Enfield, either, it may get him a pay raise.

56 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Saw that the insider on the other board said he was told IU has reached out to Andy Enfield. Surely there are others, I would hope, knowing that’s the case. Sounds like a pretty unexciting choice to me if true. 

Hot wife though - maybe we are going for continuity on that front?

11 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

If Andy Enfield is being brought up, I’d like to definitely think the smoke is so thick it makes my eyes burn. There’s something about Dolson making me think he wants to get this right and get IU back to where they are supposed to be. Hopefully I’m not crazy with that thinking and he ends up being a yes man who gets forced to go the easy/cheap way. 

Well any AD at a blue blood FB or BB school has to know their hire of that program becomes what defines them more than anything else. So even if you’re a “yes man” that’s not going to change that this person you bring it is a tattoo on your body.

14 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Absolutely.  Here is a guy with an erratic record who has no history in the Big Ten or Midwest.   I’d be hard pressed to think of anyone who makes less sense.  He’d be a fish out of water here.  Jeez, you could just hire Beilein or Matta and be done with it.  Matta just needs to explain his back and how he will handle on court instruction or recruiting.  These are two coaches who have to be interested.  Matta lives in Indy.  

If this is where the AD Department is, just “freeze” and reset next year after you’ve had a year to get organized.  

I do agree with BGleas to be skeptical with the names you hear.  The problem is this administration is scary and anything insane we hear sounds like it makes sense with what you’d expect to be the way the administration thinks.  

9 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Well any AD at a blue blood FB or BB school has to know their hire of that program becomes what defines them more than anything else. So even if you’re a “yes man” that’s not going to change that this person you bring it is a tattoo on your body.

For sure.  Unfortunately, Dolson worked under Glass who was decidedly not a basketball man.  Yet, with zero qualifications in basketball, he was a one man wrecking crew in extending Crean prematurely and hiring Archie.  Its like if somebody’s dad or uncle with no background in basketball was given this awesome responsibility.   Surely he looked in the mirror and said “I’m not worthy.”

Tennis and swimming are awesome sports.  I enjoy them both.  We have olympians.  But basketball is to them as 99 is to 1.  

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Absolutely.  Here is a guy with an erratic record who has no history in the Big Ten or Midwest.   I’d be hard pressed to think of anyone who makes less sense.  He’d be a fish out of water here.  Jeez, you could just hire Beilein or Matta and be done with it.  Matta just needs to explain his back and how he will handle on court instruction or recruiting.  These are two coaches who have to be interested.  Matta lives in Indy.  

If this is where the AD Department is, just “freeze” and reset next year after you’ve had a year to get organized.  

I do agree with BGleas to be skeptical with the names you hear.  The problem is this administration is scary and anything insane we hear sounds like it makes sense with what you’d expect to be the way the administration thinks.  

They just can't possibly be that stupid.   Can they?  If names like Enfield are being leaked I honestly take that as a good sign.  It means that we might have a whale on the line IMO.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

They just can't possibly be that stupid.   Can they?  If names like Enfield are being leaked I honestly take that as a good sign.  It means that we might have a whale on the line IMO.

I agree. This sounds like a leak of “Indiana guy so it sounds almost legit BUT is terrifying” so when they’d bring out almost anyone it’d be better than that.

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

The Bruner kid that went to Alabama is 6'9" and doing 7 pts/4 rebs.  Johnson that went to Minnesota is 6'8" and is doing 8.7/5.9.

I didn't completely go through the list.  The kid that went to Michigan was out there.  There were a few options.  And those guys are not world beaters but they are putting up stats better than Joey/Race did last year.  Race is slightly higher this year...but options were out there.

Bruner has started 17 games for Alabama this year, and as I posted before, has about the exact same numbers as Joey had last year. You get a guy like that, and where is he in the pecking order coming in? 4th, behind Joey, Race, and Trayce. He's initially getting De'Ron Davis minutes.

That's just the way it works. Could he have played his way into the starting lineup and significant minutes?

Sure, but Alabama could offer that right off the bat. He's getting 20 minutes per.

Brandon Johnson is not a post player. He's more a 4 that can't shoot from outside. We have those.

Michigan kids? Mike Smith (5'11) or Chaundee Brown (6'5)? 

I think Enfield is a beach guy, maybe even a surfer.  I feel like I may have heard that.  I can’t imagine him at IU.  Can you picture an outsider like that being baptized by fire in the meat grinder of a schedule in the B1G?   We need a tough coach who’s ready to dish it out, grit his teeth and “will” his teams to wins in a highly competitive and physical basketball league.  Can you picture this guy with his Florida and California background trying to recruit to IU?   Makes.no.sense which means the contract is ready to go. Lol 

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

There’s just no way they're going to fire Archie with a $10M buyout and then bring in Enfield or Fife. It would make absolutely no sense.   Just makes me think they're getting at least a nibble from Beard, Drew, Stevens, etc.

From your lips to God’s ears.....I wish I felt that way too.  I am getting a vibe of disarray.  

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think Enfield is a beach guy, maybe even a surfer.  I feel like I may have heard that.  I can’t imagine him at IU.  Can you picture an outsider like that being baptized by fire in the meat grinder of a schedule in the B1G?   We need a tough coach who’s ready to dish it out, grit his teeth and “will” his teams to wins in a highly competitive and physical basketball league.  Can you picture this guy with his Florida and California background trying to recruit to IU?   Makes.no.sense which means the contract is ready to go. Lol 

It would be like IU to say for the reasons you’re stating he needs more time so we are signing him to a 10 year contract. First four years are to get all current players out, and for him to adjust to Midwest temps personally, and ease his way into things. Then give him four years to build his team, then two to show if he’s good for the job.

Somewhere in there give him an extension to help recruiting.

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

There’s just no way they're going to fire Archie with a $10M buyout and then bring in Enfield or Fife. It would make absolutely no sense.   Just makes me think they're getting at least a nibble from Beard, Drew, Stevens, etc.

I hope you ae right but have a feeling you will be disappointed. 

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If I am not mistaken when FGCU was making their run to the sweet 16 that they said he was a business man and was a millionaire.  After he sold his business he got into coaching if I remember correctly

Archived