It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So just looking around and trying to figure the importance of Armaan Franklin to this team...

Staring with the Stanford game, Armaan really started to break out as an important player for IU...Here are his numbers in the 7 games prior to his initial injury...

AFBI.PNG.603895ea506862079d69b6b19806f833.PNG

Here are his stats (I didn't include the Maryland game that he got injured in, because he only got 7 minutes and 2 points which would have dragged these figures down even more) post initial injury...

AFAI.PNG.2aeacf7f997e119b102d3ad39818fc41.PNG

So I think we can safely say that the injuries have affected his play...Even with this numbers he was our #2 scorer...

That said, what do these names have in common?

Isaiah Livers

Kofi Cockburn

Joe Wieskamp

Sasha Stefonovic

EJ Liddell

Micah Potter

Eric Ayala

Jacob Young

Joey Hauser

Anybody?

Never got any answers/comments here...

I wonder why?

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

On the belittling scale, that wouldn't even register as a popcorn fart...

Calling or referring to someone who is short is hardly belittling either.  Especially from a guy who cracks jokes about himself and so does the team.  It’s not like he was called a Neanderthal or anything.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Calling or referring to someone who is short is hardly belittling either.  Especially from a guy who cracks jokes about himself and so does the team.  It’s not like he was called a Neanderthal or anything.

I'm not concerned about that either...

Calling a player "garbage" is BS if you ask me...what about you?

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not concerned about that either...

Calling a player "garbage" is BS if you ask me...what about you?

Part of big time basketball.  Not the worst they’ve been called.  Plus it’s a message board and during games fans get emotional, myself included.  I’ve called players awful, atrocious, stupid, etc. but I’m talking about their basketball game and not them as a person.  I’ve met all these players and most of them understand it’s all part of the pressure of the game, right or wrong.

Do you guys think our coaches are told not to lose their temper and show anger as a response to the Knight years, this hindering their ability to coach?

Also, do you think the bill of rights hinders them as well? The players can't be touched because they are guaranteed to be here even if they are combative and not team players?

I decided to go to an auction today to spend some money and spend time with family.  Didn't even bother checking scores or anything.  Already knew this team would lose.  I don't understand how this is even up for debate anymore.  He's gotta Go and some of the high rollers need to pony up the cash and get this guy out 

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Part of big time basketball.  Not the worst they’ve been called.  Plus it’s a message board and during games fans get emotional, myself included.  I’ve called players awful, atrocious, stupid, etc. but I’m talking about their basketball game and not them as a person.  I’ve met all these players and most of them understand it’s all part of the pressure of the game, right or wrong.

I guess the anonymity of the internet makes everyone Braveheart...

And, yes, there is a difference in criticizing their play as opposed to them as people...hard to tell sometimes though...

Just now, IUFLA said:

I guess the anonymity of the internet makes everyone Braveheart...

And, yes, there is a difference in criticizing their play as opposed to them as people...hard to tell sometimes though...

World would be a better and safer place without the internet.  I’m convinced that if the internet went away a lot of problems would too

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Listen, I am done with this.

We have different opinions and have made it personal. My bad on my part.

I hope that the best decision is made for the future of the players and the program.

In the end, that’s what we all want, right?

Amen, I’m at fault also.  Just way to damn passionate.  I apologize and hope like hell we can all just celebrate wins one day instead of having pissing contests.

17 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Pretty funny...I just peaked in over on btownbanner and someone claims that IU has reached out to Chris Mack and said he’ll listen...sounds way to crazy and far fetched to me.

I thought they said Mack told them he would be interested.  What is funny we all are throwing out names like there is already an opening.  There is no guarantee that there will even be a change

16 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Do you guys think our coaches are told not to lose their temper and show anger as a response to the Knight years, this hindering their ability to coach?

Also, do you think the bill of rights hinders them as well? The players can't be touched because they are guaranteed to be here even if they are combative and not team players?

Bill of right only guarantee you to have a scholarship but doesn't guarantee a roster spot.

Archived