It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You know, if beating IU was the end goal, then “Yay Porkchop!” 

If winning a Natty is what the program truly aspires to achieve, then good luck to you 

That would be my goal...but we are so far from that at this point.  Kind of hard to talk crap about Painter when you are pumping Miller....

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

They could be saying worse.

I think Painter is a good coach. He licks his lips like Jabba the Hut and I find it endlessly annoying, but he is a good coach. But, these stats are way out of context. He was spotted six games by the Sampson debacle when we were playing baseball players and walk-ons...and now he has had this run. The assessment is that he owns Archie, not that he owns IUBB....

Stlboiler will have something to say about my position because he believes every commercial Purdue has ever bought and paid for. He is the kid who went on his visit in high school and believed everything that the tour guide said about life at Purdue and never looked back...

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That would be my goal...but we are so far from that at this point.  Kind of hard to talk crap about Painter when you are pumping Miller....

Never hard to denigrate anything that smells like Boiler Up.

HTD would be appalled at acknowledging that the Smellermakers deserve any credit... and I happen to agree with him 

Looking back and how fast things can change because going into the first MSU game we were 12-9 and 7-7.  We get up 19-6 and making MSU look bad and things were looking really good.  Since that moment everything just fell apart and the team totally collapse.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looking back and how fast things can change because going into the first MSU game we were 12-9 and 7-7.  We get up 19-6 and making MSU look bad and things were looking really good.  Since that moment everything just fell apart and the team totally collapse.

We really didn’t look that great even then 

15 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Lol funny that they started with 2009 when we came off a reset.  How disingenuous is that?  That’s why we have lies, damn lies and statistics.   How did he do against Mike Davis?  Idiots.

Davis left in 2006 and was 3 coaches ago.  They have owned us going back over the past 10+ years.  It sucks but it is reality.  I don't think that was cherry picking at all.

Edit to add...I went back and looked and he is like 20-9 against us as a head coach I believe.  

9 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Davis left in 2006 and was 3 coaches ago.  They have owned us going back over the past 10+ years.  It sucks but it is reality.  I don't think that was cherry picking at all.

Edit to add...I went back and looked and he is like 20-9 against us as a head coach I believe.  

Well then tell the whole story. 20-9 is still damning.   I’m totally on your side that we are a total mess and the administration deserves every ounce of criticism.  

You and I don’t deserve any heat.  We would not have failed like this.  The embarrassment is on the administration  and the slapstick reel of idiocy they’ve presided over.  

But I do see that statistic as the definition of cherry picking.  

4 minutes ago, rico said:

We were at a better level of suckiness then.  We have now sunk to an absolute abysmal degree of suckiness.  

See your mind is trying to stay positive. It’s just what you have to work with. It’s like picking between which 💩 you’d rather shovel. Cat? Horse? Cow? Dog? Baby?

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

See your mind is trying to stay positive. It’s just what you have to work with. It’s like picking between which 💩 you’d rather shovel. Cat? Horse? Cow? Dog? Baby?

Trying to stay positive, but.....

hanging.jpg

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It's true that he has owned IU lately, but that post was still some major cherry picking. They are already not counting the early years where he lost to IU plenty - then they list another record "if you take out the 2012-13 seasons". LOL. It's magic, if you don't count out the stretches where IU was better, Purdue wins almost every time!

You can also spin it the other direction. If you take out the dreadful Archie Miller era, and take out the first three years of the Crean total rebuild, Painter has a losing record vs IU. Is that a meaningful statistic?

Painter overall has a winning record against IU. It's fine to just list the actual record without the spin.

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

I have this glimmer of hope we might be on a new path soon, and yet that new path could end up failing as well, or we don’t get on the new path, or...gah...it sucks sucking

Now, now.  The sun is gonna rise tomorrow........and we will still suck.  Nothing better than suckiness with a little sunshine.

2 minutes ago, Shooter said:

It's true that he has owned IU lately, but that post was still some major cherry picking. They are already not counting the early years where he lost to IU plenty - then they list another record "if you take out the 2012-13 seasons". LOL. It's magic, if you don't count out the stretches where IU was better, Purdue wins almost every time!

You can also spin it the other direction. If you take out the dreadful Archie Miller era, and take out the first three years of the Crean total rebuild, Painter has a losing record vs IU. Is that a meaningful statistic?

Painter overall has a winning record against IU. It's fine to just list the actual record without the spin.

Great post.  Interesting that you could cherry pick us into a winning record.  That’s a very good point.  

Just now, rico said:

Now, now.  The sun is gonna rise tomorrow........and we will still suck.  Nothing better than suckiness with a little sunshine.

And it helps when you are sharing suckiness with others who feel the suckiness, live the suckiness and truly understand and can empathize with the suckiness.

This is a deep bonding going on over all this suckiness. ❤️

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You know, this thread could just die a quick death.

Not sure that there is anything more to say that hasn’t already been said.

Or... the horse can continue to be beaten 

True, we need to get a new horse in here.

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Dude...we have rounded onto the second straight away in Lap ONE of the first leg of a 4x400...broski we haven’t even begun to race this thread...

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

True.  My wife is in the midst of a Board meeting for one of her charities and I have a migraine as I’m waiting for her to finish lol.  So I’m on here with you guys!  

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

24 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I think it's 18-9. After the 2015-16 season it was 9-9. He has obviously dominated since then (Archie era + last year of Crean).

Archived