It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

You'd only think info would immediately trickle out of a BOT meeting if you think someone's source is on the BOT. 

I've never seen any reason to believe that to be the case. 

Yeah, I am highly skeptical that any random message board poster knows anything more than the lady working the cash register at the Kroger’s on 3rd St...

Hell, for all we know, she may be more tuned in than anyone 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

My question would be, didn’t he know there would be possible sanctions when he took the job? What’s changed in that regard. 

He did, but I think things changed in December. I believe  Louisville was holding to the position that they were a victim in the Adidas scandal. The NCAA denied that and is arguing that Adidas was acting on Louisville’s behalf. It looks like they’ll be hit harder than they thought.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/ncaa-enforcement-staff-rejects-louisville-arguments-in-pay-for-play-infractions-case/article_ea9db5a8-3899-11eb-8c12-171fa3bc694c.html

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Yeah, I am highly skeptical that any random message board poster knows anything more than the lady working the cash register at the Kroger’s on 3rd St...

Hell, for all we know, she may be more tuned in than anyone 

You work with numbers for a living, right?

I think we can all agree the math on any individual poster having inside info is low. The math that no individual posters have inside info is also very low. 

At that point you're left looking at a posters history and the sort of claims they're making to determine what to believe or not. If you don't want to believe anything go for it, but you're almost assuredly discarding credible information. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think we can all agree the math on any individual poster having inside info is low. The math that no individual posters have inside info is also very low. 

At that point you're left looking at a posters history and the sort of claims they're making to determine what to believe or not. If you don't want to believe anything go for it, but you're almost assuredly discarding credible information. 

I was going to make the case that either you believe NO one anywhere can have insider info OR there is a small pocket out there that does.

If it’s the latter, then it’s a matter of which individuals you trust or don’t trust who claim to be.

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

2 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I was going to make the case that either you believe NO one anywhere can have insider info OR there is a small pocket out there that does.

If it’s the latter, then it’s a matter of which individuals you trust or don’t trust who claim to be.

This is eerily similar to a Finite Mathematics test question 

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Your right, I do work with numbers. And I work evaluating the risk/reward relationship and determine whether the information I have justifies taking associated risks. I have found that oftentimes, when the majority are espousing one course of action, it’s imperative to look at the other side. 

This message board, for the most part has endorsed the idea that Archie has to go. As such, posters seek out whatever information they think supports that argument... including ascribing the label “insider” to someone whose information supports the narrative.

If there has been a meeting and if CAM’s buyout is the reason why, then  we’ll know soon enough. Until then, I remain skeptical 

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Your right, I do work with numbers. And I work evaluating the risk/reward relationship and determine whether the information I have justifies taking associated risks. I have found that oftentimes, when the majority are espousing one course of action, it’s imperative to look at the other side. 

This message board, for the most part has endorsed the idea that Archie has to go. As such, posters seek out whatever information they think supports that argument... including ascribing the label “insider” to someone whose information supports the narrative.

If there has been a meeting and if CAM’s buyout is the reason why, then  we’ll know soon enough. Until then, I remain skeptical 

Are you equally skeptical of your own skepticism?

Meeting started 15 minutes ago, as far as what I was told.  I don’t want Archie back but I’m just relaying information and if I hear he’s coming back I’ll say it.  Not sure what I say on a message board has any bearing on wether he comes back or not.  I never said this meeting was about Archie in the first place, all I said was it was odd timing to have a meeting with an AD and the BoT.  Could be something totally different, even though the timing would suggest otherwise.

15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

That goes without saying and skepticism in totally acceptable......I believe we all are, to some capacity. I want changes and results NOW just like everyone else. I’m just going to have to trust that “something’s a foot”and something more concrete will comes out soon, in due time........

Did I forget to mention that I’m an impatient person?😬

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Meeting started 15 minutes ago, as far as what I was told.  I don’t want Archie back but I’m just relaying information and if I hear he’s coming back I’ll say it.  Not sure what I say on a message board has any bearing on wether he comes back or not.  I never said this meeting was about Archie in the first place, all I said was it was odd timing to have a meeting with an AD and the BoT.  Could be something totally different, even though the timing would suggest otherwise.

Thanks IUwins0708! I appreciate what you bring to this board and your honesty. 

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I heard they’re discussing the removal of Dr. Seuss books from the University Library. 🤷🏻‍♂️😕

17 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Nah, just arranging a flight for Billy Donovan!

21 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

6 year extension for Miller 

22 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Chevy Chase GIF - Chevy Chase No GIFs

Archived