It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

Guess we'll find out later if public quorum rules were followed. Back in Sept of 2000 the President talked with 4 trustees, waited for 30 minutes...talked to the other 4 trustees to avoid having to honor the open door act.

Given the Washington Post article this past week where Big 10 Presidents and AD's all used a private portal in order to avoid have to disclose information (FOIA) I don't trust one of them. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Guess we'll find out later if public quorum rules were followed. Back in Sept of 2000 the President talked with 4 trustees, waited for 30 minutes...talked to the other 4 trustees to avoid having to honor the open door act.

Given the Washington Post article this past week where Big 10 Presidents and AD's all used a private portal in order to avoid have to disclose information (FOIA) I don't trust one of them. 

Aren’t the existence of BoT a matter of public record, even if it’s executive session?  With executive session, in private companies the content can be generally confidential, but I don’t believe the existence of the session is confidential.  You’d think a public entity like IU announces the meetings.  

EDIT.  Got my answer. 

https://trustees.iu.edu/meetings-minutes/index.html

There is a meeting in executive session tomorrow, March 8.  The next regular meeting is in April.   

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Aren’t the existence of BoT a matter of public record, even if it’s executive session?  With executive session, in private companies the content can be generally confidential, but I don’t believe the existence of the session is confidential.  You’d think a public entity like IU announces the meetings.  

That's my point. There are ways to avoid...and they have shown themselves routinely doing so. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/03/05/big-ten-presidents-portal-football-covid/

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry, just had to...

image.jpeg.b6a4cf95df3afd06855e03551ebed8aa.jpeg

Just now, Seeking6 said:

That's my point. There are ways to avoid...and they have shown themselves routinely doing so. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/03/05/big-ten-presidents-portal-football-covid/

Thanks.  I edited my message above in case you don’t scroll back up. I found the answer.  Executive session tomorrow, March 8.  It’s public record.

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Thanks.  I edited my message above in case you don’t scroll back up. I found the answer.  Executive session tomorrow, March 8.  It’s public record.

Thanks for sharing. So maybe we believe this is an impromptu meeting on a Sunday the day before a scheduled one? I don't know. Timing seems weird but I guess it doesn't. 

so... i can't imagine that they are going to make the decision to let him go today, it leaks to others, and we hear anything before the season ends.  that said, i need prayers my way... I have nothing to do and my son is insisting on watching the NBA All-Star competitions and game.  i'm going to try to be a good dad, but my eyes are already starting to hurt.   

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Maybe they are meeting to decide if they are going to fire/negotiate a buyout of CAM OR...maybe they are placing him on double secret probation for next season...

Am I On Some Double Secret Probation? - Imgflip

You know, I have given some thought to what might appease both sides. If the BOT did the same as Michigan did to Harbaugh... cut his salary significantly and put him on notice that things have to improve quickly. Wonder if that would cause the coaching staff to make the changes people want, without having to start all over again 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You know, I have given some thought to what might appease both sides. If the BOT did the same as Michigan did to Harbaugh... cut his salary significantly and put him on notice that things have to improve quickly. Wonder if that would cause the coaching staff to make the changes people want, without having to start all over again 

I would think they would have to do something like that if they choose to retain him. I don’t follow football recruiting that closely, do you know what kind of effect, if any, that has had on their recruiting?

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As I understand it, and correct me if I’m wrong, the big component was the extension for appearances for recruiting, but the buyout was minimal and drops to nil quickly.  It’s the type of thing Michigan can get out of quickly if they feel like they need time to get organized.  If Archie comes back, we could do that for recruiting.   Extend him so he’s under contract for four years but we could get out of it next year for small dollars. 

33 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I would think they would have to do something like that if they choose to retain him. I don’t follow football recruiting that closely, do you know what kind of effect, if any, that has had on their recruiting?

Other than one of their players entered the portal and chose to come to Bloomington, I don’t know 

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Don’t know where to put this but I just saw that we’ve got Texas Tech vs Baylor on ESPN at 4:00 EST/3:00 CST.  

If I were Billy Packer I would say the winner gets the IU job lol. 

We said the same thing about Marshall vs Miller while watching the NCAA tournament games at Banker's Life after Crean got fired 😲

Archived