It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

If there was in fact a BoT meeting tonight and they were discussing Archie being fired/resigning then you have to figure it leaks in the next 24 hours or so... I just can’t imagine something that big would stay quiet for another week until the end of the season. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Well, Glass allowed Crean to stay on for NINE years....Way, way too long. Dolson has to learn from that and not allow it to happen all over again. He just has to....

So what is the magic number?

I agree that 9 years is too long, but as you know, I cannot believe that 4 years, especially under the circumstances, is a fair shake.

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I agree that 9 years is too long, but as you know, I cannot believe that 4 years, especially under the circumstances, is a fair shake.

i don't think we need more than 4 years to pass judgment.  that's a pretty good sample size these days.  

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

4 years of complete failure isn’t a fair shake?  Illinois was in much worse shape and look at where they are 

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My point is...It’s time to make the change NOW!!! Not “let’s give it another year. The team is is utter disconnect and loosing 5 straight, soon to be 6 vs. Rutgers in the 1st game of the BTT. Enough is enough!

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i don't think we need more than 4 years to pass judgment.  that's a pretty good sample size these days.  

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

4 years of complete failure isn’t a fair shake?  Illinois was in much worse shape and look at where they are 

So, you both would feel comfortable with hiring another coach and telling him that he has 4 years to work through the players left from Archie’s tenure, get his guys, systems and culture in place, and compete for championships? 

Because that’s what I take from your comments. And I am sure that some coaches will take on that challenge, but it’s a tough sell, imo.

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Well, Glass allowed Crean to stay on for NINE years....Way, way too long. Dolson has to learn from that and not allow it to happen all over again. He just has to....

In Creans defense he did have two pretty good teams in year 4 and 5 which bought home some time. I agree he was kept a couple years too long. 

But year 4 of CAM and we are looking 12-15 (7-12) .  Totally unacceptable.  

It's been four 4 years of terrible shooting.  This one being the worst. I dont see any indication of an attempt to improve offense.  

So, you both would feel comfortable with hiring another coach and telling him that he has 4 years to work through the players left from Archie’s tenure, get his guys, systems and culture in place, and compete for championships? 

Because that’s what I take from your comments. And I am sure that some coaches will take on that challenge, but it’s a tough sell, imo.

yep.  i'm good with that.  

If you tell them they have to improve within that 4-year period rather than regress, they should agree or they aren't worth hiring

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You know, I have given some thought to what might appease both sides. If the BOT did the same as Michigan did to Harbaugh... cut his salary significantly and put him on notice that things have to improve quickly. Wonder if that would cause the coaching staff to make the changes people want, without having to start all over again 

Not for me because I think Archie is the problem and not his assistants.  I feel if he came back and next year starts bad then it will be even worse than it is this year.

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

to be fair, i definitely think everyone should get a minimum 4 years.  i was excited about Archie and i'm not as anti-Archie as many, but if it's apparent after 4 years, that's enough.  

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

In Creans defense he did have two pretty good teams in year 4 and 5 which bought home some time. I agree he was kept a couple years too long. 

But year 4 of CAM and we are looking 12-15 (7-12) .  Totally unacceptable.  

It's been four 4 years of terrible shooting.  This one being the worst. I dont see any indication of an attempt to improve offense.  

Exactly 

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I think every coach should get 4 years and that is where we are at and it is time to judge his performance

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

How about make the tourney in 4 years. Or have a winning record in conference 

Archived