It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

ok.  i feel better now that i am on the opposite side of Scott again.  regardless.  it never happened, so you kinda can't count what didn't happen.  

If you say he hasn't appeared in the tournament that would be more correct.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok.  i feel better now that i am on the opposite side of Scott again.  regardless.  it never happened, so you kinda can't count what didn't happen.  

Maybe not, but it is at best disingenuous to cite the fact that we have never made the tournament under CAM as a reason he should be gone, which has happened here. Realistically we would have last year, and who knows what would’ve happened and how it would’ve changed things, if at all.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

If you say he hasn't appeared in the tournament that would be more correct.

thanks Scott, but i think he said we made the tourney.  we did not make the tourney.  would we have?  probably.  but there was no tourney.  it's really not that tough.  

Just now, madmax said:

Maybe not, but it is at best disingenuous to cite the fact that we have never made the tournament under CAM as a reason he should be gone, which has happened here. Realistically we would have last year, and who knows what would’ve happened and how it would’ve changed things, if at all.

And the best the Archie defenders have is that he went 9-11 in year 3 as a reason to keep him.  That's really pretty sad and tells you all need to know of his tenure here.

Okay.. so then we kinda can’t count that we would have had 7-8 more wins this season had we played the normal schedule? And we kinda can’t count kids not having the opportunity to go home, or go out to celebrate a win, or have not have to be constantly tested for covid? Or not having to stress about academics and staying eligible?

Since, in your world none of those things kinda happened...

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Okay.. so then we kinda can’t count that we would have had 7-8 more wins this season had we played the normal schedule? And we kinda can’t count kids not having the opportunity to go home, or go out to celebrate a win, or have not have to be constantly tested for covid? Or not having to stress about academics and staying eligible?

Well in a normal schedule we would have only played 5 more games counting the UM cancellation.

Boys you can’t make a tournament that never happened.

‘Well we had a good two weeks of practice too bad the game was canceled cuz we had that game won.’ Similar argument

Argue that the body of work would likely have a team in etc but you can’t say well CAM made the tournament one out of the 4 years he was at IU. That just isn’t true. No one made the tournament. It didn’t happen.

I don’t understand why this is even a topic of discussion.

23 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You guys want to quote the media to support your opinions that Archie needs to go, yet you want to ignore them when they pretty much all say that we were in the tournament last year had covid not happened 

We were a 10/11 seed in most brackets and out in a few. Likely in is a good assumption. But 1 in 4 years is enough to be fired. 4 years is plenty of time to make a decision on if a coach is good enough. If Archie had made the dance this year, then his seat wouldn’t be hot. 4 years is enough time to see if a coach has it in him to improve the program to a respectable level. Archie hasn’t made us respectable. He needs to go. 

31 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, you both would feel comfortable with hiring another coach and telling him that he has 4 years to work through the players left from Archie’s tenure, get his guys, systems and culture in place, and compete for championships? 

Because that’s what I take from your comments. And I am sure that some coaches will take on that challenge, but it’s a tough sell, imo.

4 years is enough.

No one is talking about competing for championships in that time span but by year 4 they should be comfortably in the tournament and at least in the top 1/2 of conference with a conference record over 0.500. They should also be trending upwards. Basically, at least have a decent team and it would appear that in a few years there could be a great one.

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Other programs had to navigate the same issues and are doing better than Indiana under Archie. IU is paying him to be better than 10th on conference and to make the dance. He failed. Even if he gets another year, he has failed. 

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

4 years is enough.

No one is talking about competing for championships in that time span but by year 4 they should be comfortably in the tournament and at least in the top 1/2 of conference with a conference record over 0.500. They should also be trending upwards. Basically, at least have a decent team and it would appear that in a few years there could be a great one.

The bar for Archie has been that we should currently be competing for conference championships. Said by quite a few on here.

6 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Boys you can’t make a tournament that never happened.

‘Well we had a good two weeks of practice too bad the game was canceled cuz we had that game won.’ Similar argument

Argue that the body of work would likely have a team in etc but you can’t say well CAM made the tournament one out of the 4 years he was at IU. That just isn’t true. No one made the tournament. It didn’t happen.

I don’t understand why this is even a topic of discussion.

Agree. But, people also can't say he missed the tournament all 4 years. 

In the 3 years there was a tournament during Archie's tenure, he missed all three. 

30 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You guys want to quote the media to support your opinions that Archie needs to go, yet you want to ignore them when they pretty much all say that we were in the tournament last year had covid not happened 

Did we play a tourney game?  Then no. And we still haven’t had a winning conference record. 

Just now, go_iu_bb said:

4 years is enough.

Listen to the latest Hoosier hysterics with Brian Evans. In the 2nd half of the interview listen to the story Evans tells about what Cal told him about wanting the IU job. Hate Cal, but that’s the confidence that needs to be displayed for an ideal candidate. 

19 minutes ago, madmax said:

Even if the tournament, or at least the tournament selection, happened last year and IU made it I wouldn't feel any different about retaining Miller. They would've snuck in and probably have been knocked out in round 1. If they'd have won a few games this season is such a disaster that it would now look like a fluke run.

22 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

yes.  i would agree.  how can we count 7-8 wins that didn't happen?  and haven't all schools had the came challenges this season?

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The bar for Archie has been that we should currently be competing for conference championships. Said by quite a few on here.

I thought you were referring to national championships. My mistake. But by the end of year 4 if they aren't on the dining for the conference championship it should look like they will be in year 5.

Dear________. We want you to come coach our basketball program. Our administration really wants you to come here and we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you have a chance to succeed, but we don’t want you to be too successful because we are an academic institution first. We will give you 4 years to quell the mania that is the IU fan base and if the pandemic takes a turn for the worst, too bad, so sad. 

Please understand, basketball is a religion everywhere in the state of Indiana except within the leadership of our institution, who could care less how successful you are, as long as you remain the cash cow and support our vision .

We hope you sign up, but if not, no big deal. We’ll find someone. Maybe.

8 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Listen to the latest Hoosier hysterics with Brian Evans. In the 2nd half of the interview listen to the story Evans tells about what Cal told him about wanting the IU job. Hate Cal, but that’s the confidence that needs to be displayed for an ideal candidate. 

Care to paraphrase what he said?

Archived