It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

Does anyone else find it strange with all of the media outlets that talking about Archie's job status that we haven't heard a word from Dolson.  Even if he knows he is making a change you would think that he would come out with some generic comment about looking things at the end of the year and nothing has been decided.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Does anyone else find it strange with all of the media outlets that talking about Archie's job status that we haven't heard a word from Dolson.  Even if he knows he is making a change you would think that he would come out with some generic comment about looking things at the end of the year and nothing has been decided.

To me that just confirms that Archie is gone.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I’d bet he’s not going to say anything until it’s decided one way or another. There’s zero risk for him to wait to say anything(beyond Twitter and message boards getting more toxic) and plenty to lose by speaking to soon.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Chris007 on Btown hasn’t updated anything in the last 3 hours...not sure if that’s good or bad

I thought I read over there that he said he  didn't know there was a BOT meeting today.  If he didn't know that how much does he even know at all.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This late in the year, I wouldn't expect Dolson to comment one way or the other until the season is over. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

I thought I read over there that he said he  didn't know there was a BOT meeting today.  If he didn't know that how much does he even know at all.

Someone said to anticipate for tomorrow, but I doubt it. In my opinion, something has definitely gone down, or it’s being talked about 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My thought as well

I don’t find it odd and I don’t think it it’s a sign one way or the other either.  I think most ADs let the season play out then address things if they feel the need.   

In fact, I think Glass did exactly that with CTC - made a public statement after his second to last season in support of him.  Then fired him a year later.  

2 hours ago, madmax said:

Maybe not, but it is at best disingenuous to cite the fact that we have never made the tournament under CAM as a reason he should be gone, which has happened here. Realistically we would have last year, and who knows what would’ve happened and how it would’ve changed things, if at all.

IMO, there are plenty of reasons other than that to fire him.  

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Someone said to anticipate for tomorrow, but I doubt it. In my opinion, something has definitely gone down, or it’s being talked about 

Why fire him before the B1G tourney opposed to waiting 3 days when IU loses ?

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, you both would feel comfortable with hiring another coach and telling him that he has 4 years to work through the players left from Archie’s tenure, get his guys, systems and culture in place, and compete for championships? 

Because that’s what I take from your comments. And I am sure that some coaches will take on that challenge, but it’s a tough sell, imo.

No I’d expect that by year four any fan watching closely can see clearly that we are well on our way to a new baseline of living near the top of the conference and competing for titles and deep runs in the tourney the majority of years. That by year four, with all the coaches players the momentum is clear as day to EVERYONE watching including our rivals. IU is either back or very close.

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Was there though? There’s definitely one scheduled for tomorrow morning. 

1 hour ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Has there been any real news?  And whoever replies, can you tag me so I actually see it?  Good lord, this thread moves faster than an avalanche.

I simply stopped refreshing for two hours to lead a Christian Apologetics study and come back and I’m pages behind 😩 

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, you could say that a coach that had one of the best teams in the country, couldn’t even make the tournament. Why would anyone want to hire that resume?

You are being so obtuse I don't know why anyone is engaging you on this.  Talk about agendas....

2 hours ago, Inequality said:

Boys you can’t make a tournament that never happened.

‘Well we had a good two weeks of practice too bad the game was canceled cuz we had that game won.’ Similar argument

Argue that the body of work would likely have a team in etc but you can’t say well CAM made the tournament one out of the 4 years he was at IU. That just isn’t true. No one made the tournament. It didn’t happen.

I don’t understand why this is even a topic of discussion.

If my Auntie had 🥜 🌰...

Archived