It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

41 minutes ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

You can't accept mediocrity for the sake of being scared of the unknown. In Archie's 4 years as coach his Big Ten Standings are as follows

1st year - 7th

2nd year - 9th

3rd year - 11th

4th year - 10th

So you would rather stand put with those standings rather than try to get better? My employer wouldn't keep me around if my job performance was so mediocre. They would keep striving to bring somebody in who was better capable of performing the job at a higher level. Nothing is for sure in life. A new coach may perform worse, that's possible. But you cannot keep accepting mediocrity due to fear of getting worse. You should be more fearful of not changing and getting worse. Especially when your current path has shown no positive signs of lasting improvement. 

My only disagreement is with your definition of mediocrity. If one thinks CAM can turn it around then fine, but mediocrity means ‘middle of the pack’ to me. We have been below mediocrity, with exception of year 1. 

One can say that the B1G has been tough, but it’s our reality. It’s who we play our games against. For every spot we slip in the standings...that’s a team who is pulling ahead of us...one that is improving at a greater rate then we are. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

My only disagreement is with your definition of mediocrity. If one thinks CAM can turn it around then fine, but mediocrity means ‘middle of the pack’ to me. We have been below mediocrity, with exception of year 1. 

One can say that the B1G has been tough, but it’s our reality. It’s who we play our games against. For every spot we slip in the standings...that’s a team who is pulling ahead of us...one that is improving at a greater rate then we are. 

100% agree. Calling the last several years mediocre was definitely being generous of me. 

1 hour ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

The roster Coach Crean left for Miller is better than anything Archie has assembled since then. 

LOL.... ah, no.

Newkirk SR

Green JR

Johnson SR

Smith FR

Morgan JR

Bench

Durham FR

D Davis SR (could barely run)

McSwain Jr SR

McRobberts SR

vs

Phinisee JR

Durham SR

Franklin SO

Thompson JR

TJD SO

Bench

Hunter SO

Galloway FR

Lander FR

Geronimo FR

Leal FR 

Man, that is a lot of bad shooters.... lol

It might be a final score of 35 to 23, but the current team would win.

And the only underclassmen that paid off was Durham.

27 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Should be am interesting week or 2. Rumors of IU reaching out to others. Rumors of Archie wanting out himself. Maybe this will be amicable. 

Where would he go?  I don’t see Archie walking away from the money and quitting on IU personally.    

I’ve been involved in some board work over the years as probably many of you have.  One thing I wanted to point out is that the Board may give direction and authorize Dolson to proceed certain ways but that doesn’t mean anything needs to happen today.  There could easily be a flow path with different scenarios and he is given direction.  

10 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

We better hope he does not go to PSU - He would be a thorn in our side for the foreseeable future...

I could care less where he goes. One thing for sure is in the four years he has been here we haven't been a thorn in anyone's side.

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Yup. It’s just a rumor so who knows. But I won’t be surprised if it happens. 

Why does he want out?  Just because he hasn’t been successful?    He doesn’t strike me as that type of person - rather the type of person that will want to keep grinding, overhaul, and fix it.     Just me though. 

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

Why does he want out?  Just because he hasn’t been successful?    He doesn’t strike me as that type of person - rather the type of person that will want to keep grinding, overhaul, and fix it.     Just me though. 

Could be a factor of things. Could come down to his family isn’t enjoying Bloomington. Maybe outside factors like that. Obviously speculation on my part but doesn’t have to necessarily be because it’s not going his way currently.

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

Would you enjoy losing plus the fans being all over you all the time

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Would you enjoy losing plus the fans being all over you all the time

When you agree to coach IU, you know exactly what you’re getting yourself into.   I’m sure he’s disappointed with the results thus far, but to run from the job?   Seems like BS.  He always compliments how great the fans are at AH, etc.   

In fact, I’m sure he’s begging Dolson for one more year.  

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

I could care less where he goes. One thing for sure is in the four years he has been here we haven't been a thorn in anyone's side.

Yes, but as many have stated on here (even those wishing for CAM to leave): 

1. CAM can coach and win - he did it at Dayton
  2. He may have had his hands tied wrt to the hierarchy on player decisions at IU
  3. He is not cut out for the pressure that comes with the IU job

PSU would offer him similar infrastructure and resources to IU and remove 2. and 3.

He would have the resources of a big ten team and less pressure than he had at Dayton. I have lived in BOTH state college and cincinnati - I can assure you there is more pressure on the Dayton basketball coach than the PSU basketball coach. 

I think your point is born out of bitterness (which I understand), not really thinking.

I will say, this latest pay increase to CTA does feel completely different from a Glass lead administrative move....

This really puts the spotlight on both Archie AND Dolson with the current bb situation. It definitely leads one of many questions the BOT and everyone, for that matter,  is thinking and will be asking.....

"How are you going to properly and correctly address or handle the ongoing decline of the men's basketball program?" 

14 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

Yes, but as many have stated on here (even those wishing for CAM to leave): 

1. CAM can coach and win - he did it at Dayton
  2. He may have had his hands tied wrt to the hierarchy on player decisions at IU
  3. He is not cut out for the pressure that comes with the IU job

PSU would offer him similar infrastructure and resources to IU and remove 2. and 3.

He would have the resources of a big ten team and less pressure than he had at Dayton. I have lived in BOTH state college and cincinnati - I can assure you there is more pressure on the Dayton basketball coach than the PSU basketball coach. 

I think your point is born out of bitterness (which I understand), not really thinking.

I am not bitter one bit. The facts are the facts when it comes to his coaching ability.  He will have to win no matter where he goes and he will be playing the same teams there as here. He couldn't do it here with all the talent in this state. 

I wish him no I'll will but he was a total failure here.

Archived