It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

13 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

I love his reference to not interviewing Alford before hiring Miller “ I asked the AD why he didn’t call Alford...he said ..ohh we want a guy that can win the tournament...Alfords at the time like 500 -200 record but ok”....love it...the point is somebody passionate about the program may be what is needed...Alford record is good...win losses...and maybe it’s what the program needs at this time...worst case, he fails,,,we gave him a shot...4 more years to the next coaching search....oh but let’s go get some mid major superstar according to the pundits...because that translates to what we need...as Dakich said, IU has been trying that since Knight got fired and it ain’t working....I guess if we go with the newest coaching media darling again, we feel better about losing than a guy who would dedicate himself to the program and has lived it? Sigh...whatever....create more apathy amongst the fan base....

No. NO Alford. 

BUT if he’d coach IU for free on a year by year basis I’d think about it...

Ok...I thought about it...NO Alford.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shapo,

Okay, I am home now and will give an attempt at responding to you.  

His comments about “controlling a coach”...

Let’s consider that his boss and former coach was dismissed after an amazing career for taking matters into his own hands.  Bob Knight was not controlled by the university.  He was so powerful Clarence Doninger was regularly disrespected or dismissed.  That is the model Dakich saw.  

Let’s take the “control” matter and apply it logically.  Dakich is saying IU wants puppets.  Really?  Some may say they want success without drama, viz., Teri Moren and BA TA.   

I believe the impact of Bob’s tenure was a sturdy pact not to be subject to THAT type of personality moving forward.  

Also, Dan, ego man that he is, is subtly indicating he wouldn’t be controlled in such a way.  Take it easy fella, you’ll never be the head coach at IU, Dan.  

4 hours ago, jefftheref said:

67 years old. I have too many other things that I would rather spend my energy on. Archie's situation is totally out of my control. 

68  years here.  We have  have seen good and bad IU MBB. I have better things in life than worry about BB. But damn I hope to SEE  the 6th banner before I'm talking to MILE AND CC and Snowling

3 minutes ago, loviubb said:

68  years here.  We have  have seen good and bad IU MBB. I have better things in life than worry about BB. But damn I hope to SEE  the 6th banner before I'm talking to MILE AND CC.

Thank you me too 

43 minutes ago, loviubb said:

68  years here.  We have  have seen good and bad IU MBB. I have better things in life than worry about BB. But damn I hope to SEE  the 6th banner before I'm talking to MILE AND CC and Snowling

Yes we have. I was a fan back in the mid 60's in both football and basketball. Who would of thought 34 years ago was our last National Championship. I remember thinking when we won it that year that there were many more coming. I wish things would of turned out differently for all of us who have loved and supported our team. 
I am sure I am just like you in that I really miss CC, Mile and Snowling. I sent many PM's to Mile and Snowling in the early morning hours when I would get online when I couldn't sleep and there they were. Even though it was a long distance friendship and I never met them in person I felt the same as I did when my two brothers passed in October and November. I think about all of them everyday. 
If I pass before you I am taking banner #6 if I make it upstairs. LOl

1 hour ago, Shapopojoe said:

Dakich “IU should be winning 24 games every year”

”Loves program heart and soul...”

”Why haven’t players developed?”

”Dolson should be talking to former players and coaches and not National guys”

”We tried it for 21 years..hate Alford...hate Bob knight...hate Dakich...it’s not working”

Dan knows what?

image.png.4e3c2998806d902e1cec8c51014fcb33.png

1 minute ago, Shapopojoe said:

Feeling is mutual...Dakich bad posters I generally try to steer clear of for fear of catching stupidity

Hey, Dan is one person Alford has a better coaching resume than. So, there is at least that....   lol

25 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Yes we have. I was a fan back in the mid 60's in both football and basketball. Who would of thought 34 years ago was our last National Championship. I remember thinking when we won it that year that there were many more coming. I wish things would of turned out differently for all of us who have loved and supported our team. 
I am sure I am just like you in that I really miss CC, Mile and Snowling. I sent many PM's to Mile and Snowling in the early morning hours when I would get online when I couldn't sleep and there they were. Even though it was a long distance friendship and I never met them in person I felt the same as I did when my two brothers passed in October and November. I think about all of them everyday. 
If I pass before you I am taking banner #6 if I make it upstairs. LOl

Sorry about your BROTHERS!!!  Life is short ( at this age😉) I have seen IU teams that were good enough to have IU at about 10 Banners. The one I remember   the most was our 3RD BANNER  we did not get was a foul on Steve Downing instead of Walton! I REMEMBER that 1 because I was in the Army and stayed  awake too long !! I listened to it on a radio!! They called the foul on Walton and reversed it!  Still pissed! I know IU was a better team in 75 than 76 . Depth Green gone from 76 team! Ol for the old days! Just to piss off some IF WE DON'T HAVE A HOMERUN keep CAM for 1 more year. 

51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Seriously could they had a meeting yesterday about hosting the tournament and getting thigs ready for that.  Maybe since it is an academic institution that a meeting about academics could took place

Odd timing for that when they had another scheduled for today.

Archived