It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0 inside info. Here's why there could be a meeting on a Sunday...

It would be as was suggested yesterday 2 person breakouts so that it isn't an official meeting. Why? you can't FOIA those docs...making it harder to "discover" them if there were some litigation (think employment suit). So you inform people that "yes, there is a candidate or two and we have id'd them" so when you seek authorization in public the members are confident they will authorize an action that will succeed....but if there is any blowback, the specifics aren't on any record anywhere.

Again, this is 100% speculation. I'm just giving a reason why there could be an unofficial on a Sunday before an official on a Monday.

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

what's the talk? He in favor of CAM or no?

It's irresponsible to fire Archie because we are in a pandemic and everyone has lost money so why pay 10 million for the buyout. He's constantly doubling back and saying he understands if they move on but he understands if they bite the bullet and keep him another year. Then also talking about how Cuban isn't going to pay for the buyout and he doesn't know why other donors would either. He's just rambling and it's annoying. 

27 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Listening to Jeff Rickard on 1070 the fan this morning talking about IU and what to do with Archie is giving me a headache and it's 7:40 in the morning. 

Not a fan of that guy...he constantly talks over people.  Not sure how Big Joe puts up with him.  Kevin Bowen is much better IMO

34 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It's irresponsible to fire Archie because we are in a pandemic and everyone has lost money so why pay 10 million for the buyout. He's constantly doubling back and saying he understands if they move on but he understands if they bite the bullet and keep him another year. Then also talking about how Cuban isn't going to pay for the buyout and he doesn't know why other donors would either. He's just rambling and it's annoying. 

I was the guy that called in to correct them about the offset language of the contract.  These guys are clueless.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

I was the guy that called in to correct them about the offset language of the contract.  These guys are clueless.  

I thought it was funny that when they asked Rakestraw he pretty much said a change had to be made. 

25 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I thought it was funny that when they asked Rakestraw he pretty much said a change had to be made. 

Like you said, them going on and on about the 10.3 million I just had to call in.  Shockingly, it rang twice and they threw me on air in 15 seconds.  I was tongue twisted at first, just thinking about the offset, and he asked me what my thoughts are on the situation.  I chuckled because I wanted to say, 10 years 100 million, private jets and helicopters, brinks trucks, bring the family home, yada yada.  

35 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I love all things Indy and Indiana for that matter but we have to have one of the worst major city radio markets in the country. I'm amazed at the lack of knowledge. Only 2 things move the radio needle in this state and it's IU Hoops and Colts....and they routinely show how little they know about IU. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I love all things Indy and Indiana for that matter but we have to have one of the worst major city radio markets in the country. I'm amazed at the lack of knowledge. Only 2 things move the radio needle in this state and it's IU Hoops and Colts....and they routinely show how little they know about IU. 

At least in the northern part of the state you'd have to add Notre Dame football. Several radio shows devoted to just that topic 

Based on Dolson's most recent comments regarding basketball, I don't see Archie being fired after this season. He will be back next season and that will determine whether he is done or not. It also makes sense financially. 

The question now should be, what does Archie have to do to make sure this team finishes near the top of the B1G and ends up in the NCAA tourney.

I think it's pretty simple. Archie has to super-size this team inside. He doesn't have time to wait for a skinny freshman project to develop. He needs grown men on the court that can move people and control the inside. And if TJD leaves, he really needs to add more than one or two. He needs 4 guys 6'9 or better that can actually play. Even if it's mostly defense and rebounding, they need much more size to complete.

They can live with Armaan, Lander, Rob, Parker, Jerome and the rest outside. They have to add serious muscle inside. If they show up next season with TJD, Race, a questionable Joey Brunk, and one Freshman in the post, they will do not better than what we have seen the past four seasons.

49 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Yeah I was wondering if there was a follow up.  I think I took him off guard with correcting them.  He immediately said he didn't know anything about the contract so at least he admitted it.

Different radio station but there was a time when Query/Schultz were still on. I swear they would read this board and go on air with their content.

3 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Based on Dolson's most recent comments regarding basketball, I don't see Archie being fired after this season. He will be back next season and that will determine whether he is done or not. It also makes sense financially. 

The question now should be, what does Archie have to do to make sure this team finishes near the top of the B1G and ends up in the NCAA tourney.

I think it's pretty simple. Archie has to super-size this team inside. He doesn't have time to wait for a skinny freshman project to develop. He needs grown men on the court that can move people and control the inside. And if TJD leaves, he really needs to add more than one or two. He needs 4 guys 6'9 or better that can actually play. Even if it's mostly defense and rebounding, they need much more size to complete.

They can live with Armaan, Lander, Rob, Parker, Jerome and the rest outside. They have to add serious muscle inside. If they show up next season with TJD, Race, a questionable Joey Brunk, and one Freshman in the post, they will do not better than what we have seen the past four seasons.

Agree. I'll also say I don't know if it's the right or wrong move. So many layers to this formula. Unless an absolute sure fire thing is available....I'm in the camp of bringing back Archie for 1 more season assuming TJD is back and heavy transfer market this off season. 

If TJD leaves I'd actually be more inclined to remove Archie and start over again because without TJD next season is going to be brutal anyway.

20 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

I hope you aren't suggesting we got back to playing two centers and a power forward.  That worked wonders in the past.  :coffee:

And I just re-read the rest of your post.  You think if everyone comes back including Trayce and Race and Brunk along with Duncomb, we get worse results?  I'm super curious how you came up with this?  And run it back with the same backcourt plus minus Al/Parker?  I'm confused.  

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Amen.

I go back to the days of Paul Scheering (sp?) and local sports talk is not worth listening to.  Probably in part due to how it's become so "personality driven" and reliant on network programmming.  Too bad we don't have someone like Robin Miller on air anymore, lol

Archived