It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My point is, the comparison to Beilein is not really a good one for you guys with torches and pitchforks...it's closer than you want to believe...

Except Beilein is a great coach and had proven it at WV in a power conference. Archie hasn’t proven it in a power conference and his success at Dayton came after the top programs left for other conferences. 

4 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Ha,

Thinking our results have been mediocre, which is putting it kindly, equates to having torches and pitchforks? I’m starting to suspect you are Mrs. Miller. If so, thanks for taking the time to post and I wish your husband the best.

No, not Mrs Miller...you seem to get a little upset simply because someone has a different opinion than yours, so you try to insult me...Nice...

And you want Archie out, right? Simply a metaphor for what I see...

“If player X hadn’t missed those two FT’s in the middle of the second half in the game we lost to unranked University of We Suck, then we could’ve won that. If we had won that it would’ve helped with confidence and in the 13th game, when in the second half it seemed like we lost the lead due to lack of confidence...if those two games had gone our way we would’ve finished 8th that year instead of 9th and THAT would have meant we improved by one place over the past year which would’ve shown enough improvement to keep the 80% of fans who want him gone to between 70-75%, then he’d have next year and with a 5th place finish would get that down to 50% which could buy him a 2 year extension and that might help land recruit X...guy’s Archie is right around the corner to showing us that in another few years we might be CONSISTENTLY above average!”

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Except Beilein is a great coach and had proven it at WV in a power conference. Archie hasn’t proven it in a power conference and his success at Dayton came after the top programs left for other conferences. 

Are we lined up for a replacement more like Beilein or more like CAM right now. If you had to guess which one we will end up with after what seems to be the firing of CAM after this season.

This is an actual question and not made one from an argumentative standpoint.

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The point is, while we lost 12 of 13 as you say, we were still in a position to play our way into the tournament with that 1 game...

Maybe.  We would have been 18-14 and 8-12 (9-12 if you count the BTT win) after that game.  I think we probably lose the next game, so 18-15 overall with a 9-13 record in conference.  I don't think that is a slam dunk that we are in even if we do win that game.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Maybe.  We would have been 18-14 and 8-12 (9-12 if you count the BTT win) after that game.  I think we probably lose the next game, so 18-15 overall with a 9-13 record in conference.  I don't think that is a slam dunk that we are in even if we do win that game.

OSU got in that year with 19-14 and and 8-12...

But you never know...

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

No, not Mrs Miller...you seem to get a little upset simply because someone has a different opinion than yours, so you try to insult me...Nice...

Your an Archie supporter and that's great. Could you or anyone else that still supports the coach give me at least one thing that will make me feel next year will go any different than this year or the first 3 years.

Is there some great recruiting class coming in that nobody knows about? Is he going to hire some different assistants that can develop the players? 

I'm really not trying to be a smart **s, I am honestly curious what you see that the other 95% of the posters on this board doesn't see. Maybe I'm missing something.

Just now, HMSHoosier said:

Your an Archie supporter and that's great. Could you or anyone else that still supports the coach give me at least one thing that will make me feel next year will go any different than this year or the first 3 years.

Is there some great recruiting class coming in that nobody knows about? Is he going to hire some different assistants that can develop the players? 

I'm really not trying to be a smart **s, I am honestly curious what you see that the other 95% of the posters on this board doesn't see. Maybe I'm missing something.

Sure, a healthy Armaan Franklin and Parker Stewart in, Al Durham out...

Plus, one more year of experience for the freshman class...can't wait to see what Khristian Lander looks like after a summer with Clif...

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sure, a healthy Armaan Franklin and Parker Stewart in, Al Durham out...

Plus, one more year of experience for the freshman class...can't wait to see what Khristian Lander looks like after a summer with Clif...

So Stewart replacing Durham is all that is needed. Durham held the team back...huh. Kinda like Justin Smith was the problem but nothing changed after he was gone.

What happens if TJD goes pro?

25 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Are we lined up for a replacement more like Beilein or more like CAM right now. If you had to guess which one we will end up with after what seems to be the firing of CAM after this season.

This is an actual question and not made one from an argumentative standpoint.

I think we are lined up for a replacement from a power 5 school not a mid major route. Just my opinion of course. 

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A-I’m not even slightly upset. Who cares what we all post on this board?

B-The Mrs Miller comment was a joke....a mild one at that.

Just now, HMSHoosier said:

So Stewart replacing Durham is all that is needed. Durham held the team back...huh. Kinda like Justin Smith was the problem but nothing changed after he was gone.

What happens if TJD goes pro?

I think better guard play would have made a huge difference this year...I stated earlier that in our wins, Al and Rob averaged 14 and 10 respectively...in our losses 9 and 6...

If Trayce goes pro, I see us with Joey, Race, and Duncomb in the front court, and hopefully pick up a big on the transfer market (the kid from Indiana State has been mentioned)...but I do think at that point, we transition from a team that always tries to feed the post to a more guard oriented offense...

Plus you have to figure, a lot of talent will be leaving the B1G...Kofi and Ayo from Illinois...Garza from Iowa, Livers, Brooks, and Smith from Michigan...as I said, that's the great thing about college basketball...every year kids come in and kids go out...you have to manage it and rely on the fact that experience is a big factor in the B1G race...

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I addressed that above...Archie is 1 win (BTT vs OSU in 2019) and a pandemic from pretty much having the same record Beilein had in his first 4 years...Archie has a better overall record (67-57 vs 67-67) and conference record 33-44 (43%) vs 30-42 (42%) in an arguably tougher B1G conference...

Forget the numbers for a minute and compare the energy, team spirit and overall movement of JBs squads vs CAM.  IMO, JBs guys perform better.  

3 minutes ago, John S said:

Forget the numbers for a minute and compare the energy, team spirit and overall movement of JBs squads vs CAM.  IMO, JBs guys perform better.  

I've never looked into it, but I'm guessing JB's recruiting was on the up and up still after year 4.  IU's has came to an abrupt holt.  If we had PU's class coming in I'd still be on the CAM wagon. 

30 minutes ago, JJack said:

I've never looked into it, but I'm guessing JB's recruiting was on the up and up still after year 4.  IU's has came to an abrupt holt.  If we had PU's class coming in I'd still be on the CAM wagon. 

Interestingly his recruiting wasn’t setting the world on fire up to that point but relied on the development of 3 star Trey Burke and unranked Max Biefeldt to name a couple we would know. For year 5 he had a really strong class on paper and on the court. 

The team started conference play his 4th year 1-6 and I am sure we would have been antsy but finished very strong to be 9-9. Add to that strong finish a strong recruiting class and his momentum was way ahead of where we are now. 

D6C5B726-A524-402E-ADB6-896E06A2B3AE.png

Archived