It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JugRox said:

You liked your own post?

Matta can’t walk. It’s not going to happen or he would already be coaching somewhere. 

better chance at Stevens than Matta.

That sir is what I and everyone wants.....I am just trying to be realistic on coaches who are already available like Matta, Belein (worst case scenario if no one wants to make a lateral move)

6 minutes ago, NVFalcons12 said:

That sir is what I and everyone wants.....I am just trying to be realistic on coaches who are already available like Matta, Belein (worst case scenario if no one wants to make a lateral move)

Belein is 68 years old, how long would he be at IU for the rebuild, seriously? 3 years? IU would be hiring the oldest coach in a power 5 for a rebuild.

I have no inside info, but I do know from seeing him in public 2 years ago Matta was in no condition to go on the recruiting trail. Can things change? Sure. But I’m not seeing it.

Belein and Matta are longer shots than Stevens IMO. No way IU invest 10 million in a buyout for either.

1 minute ago, JugRox said:

Belein is 68 years old, how long would he be at IU for the rebuild, seriously? 3 years? IU would be hiring the oldest coach in a power 5 for a rebuild.

I have no inside info, but I do know from seeing him in public 2 years ago Matta was in no condition to go on the recruiting trail. Can things change? Sure. But I’m not seeing it.

Belein and Matta are longer shots than Stevens IMO. No way IU invest 10 million in a buyout for either.

I could see Beilein here for at least 6 years

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Chris on BTown said that the BOT is 50/50 on Archie right and said they will probably vote on it. However, said he could be getting bad information too.

I really don't know why a lot of people take these so called insiders word as gospel

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I really don't know why a lot of people take these so called insiders word as gospel

His track record is pretty stellar. If he’s sure he will make a definitive statement.  Called Race redshirting.  Called the Clif Marshal hire, was the first person to break the Romeo news.  Hinted about TJD already being signed.  

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

His track record is pretty stellar. If he’s sure he will make a definitive statement.  Called Race redshirting.  Called the Clif Marshal hire, was the first person to break the Romeo news.  Hinted about TJD already being signed.  

I get that but he has had that board going every way possible in the last few days.  One day he is definitely gone and now it is 50/50

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How old is coach K(74), Boheim(76), Hamilton(72), Williams(70)

What do you think of Dana Altman?

REBUILD. IU is in rebuild mold. Meaning, it’s going to be a few years before we start winning.

And literally every single coach you listed is failing expectations with the exception of Hamilton.

Thats one coach over 70 in all of power 5 that’s doing anything.

And that includes Duke and UNC

18 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Chris on BTown said that the BOT is 50/50 on Archie right and said they will probably vote on it. However, said he could be getting bad information too.

And there you have it. The guy that is supposed to be the end all be all “insider” is now back tracking. 

Tells me all I need to know. No one knows anything. Credibility is suspect at best.

The “fire Archie “ movement may yet win the day, but they may, on the other hand, end up eating a lot of crow!

Just now, JugRox said:

REBUILD. IU is in rebuild mold. Meaning, it’s going to be a few years before we start winning.

And literally every single coach you listed is failing expectations with the exception of Hamilton.

I say Beilein could have us competing for the big ten by year 3.  He stabilizes the program and have it in a way better shape when he leaves then you will have better candidates willing to come here.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I say Beilein could have us competing for the big ten by year 3.  He stabilizes the program and have it in a way better shape when he leaves then you will have better candidates willing to come here.

So we can start all over again in 3 years? Seriously? 

Better chance at Larry Bird.... lol

Just now, JugRox said:

So we can start all over again in 3 years? Seriously? 

No I said at least 6 years he would be here but said I think by year 3 he would have us competing for the big ten title.  I think he would have us making deep runs in the last 3 years

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I get that but he has had that board going every way possible in the last few days.  One day he is definitely gone and now it is 50/50

I mean I stopped posting on there so I haven’t seen all the post but from my experience he rarely says he’s a hundred percent sure.   Until a decision has been made it will always be a percent. But my guess is he will be the first person on the boards to know when it’s decided. 

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

So is Brian Snow really reporting that Archie isn't under any pressure and is probably safe?

Nobody knows anything because there has been more reports that are coming out against Archie.  Doyle tweeted out that the whole alumni base is against archie.

Archived