It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Neither is going to help. One simply hurts less. Don’t set up a false choice and act superior.  Archie sucks. Just accept it 

How's it a false choice?

Either you back the team or you don't...simple as that...

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 8Bucks said:

I agree Chris has good info but people seem confused about how to interpret this info. My cousin used to have a ton of access to the team back in the late 80’s. Post game access and he knew enough of the coaches and players. 

There was a player who would share stuff with my cousin about the team. This would seem like good info but things did not always play out as that player indicated it might. Things are fluid and our perspectives influence how we feel about things. 

Insider info is good and as you get to know the person sharing that info you learn whether or not everything they get is rock solid or if it is just a view of things from someone closer to things that I am. 

Chris seems to indicate if he is hearing something but he also posts just like us and offers his thoughts.  He seems like a good enough guy but if you are expecting him to give you absolutes you can take to the bank that is not what he is trying to do. Instead he is sharing snapshots of fluid information. 

Exactly. But when he does get absolute info he will share it. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Neither is going to help. One simply hurts less. Don’t set up a false choice and act superior.  Archie sucks. Just accept it 

Didn’t set anything up other than a possibility that you don’t think is plausible. Archie doesn’t suck. Would have never been hired by IU if he did. Unless you believe that a “blue blood “ program would hire a HC who “sucks”

3 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Nope....no tickets, no shirts, no hats, no donations....nada....I also don’t buy drugs for someone who is an addict....tough love, my friend....hit em in the pocketbook..capiche?

Your choice. You choose to support the program in the good times, but when it’s struggling, and could really need backing, you bail.

Crystal clear on my capiching 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

But neither one is going to help the team as purported 

Each season is different...I posted how last year Michigan was 19-12 overall and 10-10 in the B1G last year, lost their top 2 scorers and replaced them with a freshman and 2 grad transfers and won the B1G...

If IU started well and was winning a lot, that'll quell some of it, but what about you? 

And don't say that's impossible with Archie at the helm... that's a copout...

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Your choice. You choose to support the program in the good times, but when it’s struggling, and could really need backing, you bail.

There's a term for that...

Bandwagon fan...

11 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

serious question here... if Dolson decides to keep Archie, would there be any kind of announcement?  i kind of wouldn't think so.  what would he say?  "We would like to address that most fans and media think he should be fired, but he will be coming back 1 more year on a short leash?"  obviously i'm exaggerating, but would they really announce he is coming back or not address it? 

I think that even if the decision is to keep Miller he can't not have an announcement. Pretty much all of the IU coverage questions whether or not Miller will be back. If it was just some fans on message boards talking about it it could be ignored. It's not though and with the media coverage it's already getting it would send a bad message to not even have an announcement to say that Miller is the coach for next year and he has the support of the AD and the University. Not doing that would say that they're completely oblivious to the mid of the fans and that they don't care enough about the basketball team to publicly address how bad the team and coach have been performing. Ignoring the elephant in the room would further anger the frustrated fans and drive some away. So I think there will be an announcement regardless of the decision.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Each season is different...I posted how last year Michigan was 19-12 overall and 10-10 in the B1G last year, lost their top 2 scorers and replaced them with a freshman and 2 grad transfers and won the B1G...

If IU started well and was winning a lot, that'll quell some of it, but what about you? 

And don't say that's impossible with Archie at the helm... that's a copout...

It’s certainly not impossible.  But it’s more likely I go upstairs and Natalie Portman is waiting for me 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Oh yeah what a fun bandwagon this has been. 

bandwagon fan

[band-wag-uhn fan]

WHAT DOES BANDWAGON FAN MEAN?

There are diehard fans, and then there are bandwagon fans. Bandwagon fans only show interest and support for a sports team based on recent successes or popularity, e.g., when their city's football is going to or has won the Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

I don't think that even if the decision is to keep Miller he can't have an announcement. Pretty much all of the IU coverage questions whether or not Miller will be back. If it was just some fans on message boards talking about it it could be ignored. It's not though and with the media coverage it's already getting it would send a bad message to not even have an announcement to say that Miller is the coach for next year and he has the support of the AD and the University. Not doing that would say that they're completely oblivious to the mid of the fans and that they don't care enough about the basketball team to publicly address how bad the team and coach have been performing. Ignoring the elephant in the room would further anger the frustrated fans and drive some away. So I think there will be an announcement regardless of the decision.

I agree. And I think the longer this goes, the more likely he will be fired. If they know they are going to keep Archie then I would imagine a statement of support would be made very, very soon. Unless they want to kill recruiting and just don't care. 

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Didn’t set anything up other than a possibility that you don’t think is plausible. Archie doesn’t suck. Would have never been hired by IU if he did. Unless you believe that a “blue blood “ program would hire a HC who “sucks”

Archie tenure and record at IU sucks but not him personally.  You can ask that question all you want but fans will not be on here discussing much about IU basketball if Archie is back.  The only reason people will come here is to see about recruiting but there will be no excitement for the up coming season.  Next year the first sign of the same problems happening it will get toxic on here and be a lot worse than we have seen this year.  The only thing that will change fans is winning big and that is not finishing 6th in the conference and getting an 8 seed in the tournament.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

bandwagon fan

[band-wag-uhn fan]

There are diehard fans, and then there are bandwagon fans. Bandwagon fans only show interest and support for a sports team based on recent successes or popularity, e.g., when their city's football is going to or has won the Super Bowl.

People still around therefore don’t fit the definition 

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We have backed them for 4 years so we have been there for a lot of bad times.

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

bandwagon fan

[band-wag-uhn fan]

Well if we were bandwagon fans we wouldn't be here right now or any of the last 3 years

9 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Archie Miller at IU has sucked. Archie Miller at Dayton performed well enough to convince our administration that he could perform well here, but he hasn't. 

And if we're being perfectly honest, we hardly resemble a blue blood program anymore. A real blue blood wouldn't be torn about what to do with a coach who gave them 4 years of trash results. 

Not an insider, but I did have a conversation with someone who was a big time booster when RMK was coach and still tied to the program. This took place prior to the MSU game and he was supportive of CAM getting another year... Of course the haters are going to be more vocal, and I don't doubt that it is the majority of the fanbase that want him gone, but it's not anywhere near unanimous and its silly to suggest that it is.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes in the IU administration. All I've heard for years are rumors. I don't know if a lick of it is true but I know what I have seen since Knight has left. Countless bad coaching hires done on the cheap. Coaches kept way longer than any serious program would ever allow 

No other program that considers themselves elite would tolerate what we've have had to tolerate. I don't know if Archie is going to be fired or not. I really don't care if your an Archie supporter. But if you are, you know that no other program that considers themselves a blue blood and serious competitor would keep Archie after the product he's given us. No other program would have stumbled and bumbled on this many hires. I'm am just so sick of it. If Archie comes back I refuse to watch this garbage anymore.

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

bandwagon fan

[band-wag-uhn fan]

I love the folks who use the dictionary definition take.  Like quoting the dictionary strengthens their opinion 🤣

1 minute ago, madmax said:

Not an insider, but I did have a conversation with someone who was a big time booster when RMK was coach and still tied to the program. This took place prior to the MSU game and he was supportive of CAM getting another year... Of course the haters are going to be more vocal, and I don't doubt that it is the majority of the fanbase that want him gone, but it's not anywhere near unanimous and its silly to suggest that it is.

We were still projected to make the tourney at that point. He may have changed his mind, especially after the events from last night. I do think the overwhelming majority wants him gone.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Says the first chair clarinet 

😁

I missed one game this year and that was to go to the zoo with my granddaughter.  In the last 4 years you can count on one hand that I have not watched so that is not being a bandwagon fan.  Bandwagon fans wouldn't be on here discussing this season because we wouldn't care. Just being upset and seeing things that is no acceptable is not being a bandwagon fan.  I commend you to sticking to your guns about Archie but you are fighting an uphill battle with very few guys with you.  i was fighting with you for 3 years but this past year has made it crystal clear that Archie is not the right coach for IU.  I will take what a lot of former players are saying about this team and how they are not interested enough to even watch all of the game.

Archived