It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Archie Miller at IU has sucked. Archie Miller at Dayton performed well enough to convince our administration that he could perform well here, but he hasn't. 

And if we're being perfectly honest, we hardly resemble a blue blood program anymore. A real blue blood wouldn't be torn about what to do with a coach who gave them 4 years of trash results. 

The only reason we’re torn is because we had an inexperienced AD who entered into a bad contract for his employer. Does anyone believe CAM wouldn’t have taken the job if the buyout after year 4 was $3 million?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Yep and your rah rah support at all costs has gotten us a program that is mediocre at best.....sorry, but what am I supporting if the program is crap and co to use to perpetuate that sad fact? You remind me of Kevin Bacon character at the end of Animal House “All is well!!!” The coffee is for closers....

Hilarious.

Haven’t supported at all costs. Nice generalization 

Not sure on your random references. Animal House, I kinda get.

Coffee is for closers? Glengarry Glen Ross. I guess there’s supposed to be some kind of connection there, but not getting it 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I missed one game this year and that was to go to the zoo with my granddaughter.  In the last 4 years you can count on one hand that I have not watched so that is not being a bandwagon fan.  Bandwagon fans wouldn't be on here discussing this season because we wouldn't care. Just being upset and seeing things that is no acceptable is not being a bandwagon fan.  I commend you to sticking to your guns about Archie but you are fighting an uphill battle with very few guys with you.  i was fighting with you for 3 years but this past year has made it crystal clear that Archie is not the right coach for IU.  I will take what a lot of former players are saying about this team and how they are not interested enough to even watch all of the game.

So, how about next year, game 1?

5 minutes ago, madmax said:

Not an insider, but I did have a conversation with someone who was a big time booster when RMK was coach and still tied to the program. This took place prior to the MSU game and he was supportive of CAM getting another year... Of course the haters are going to be more vocal, and I don't doubt that it is the majority of the fanbase that want him gone, but it's not anywhere near unanimous and its silly to suggest that it is.

Well going into the first MSU game we were still had a good chance at the tournament but has lost the last 6 games.  We were 12-9 and 7-7 going into that game so there was no one really talking about his job security.

Just now, Milehi Fan said:

“I am striving for accuracy” on an opinion internet board...classic comedy!  Who’s on first 😂😂😂

You certainly won't find much accuracy in this thread, that's for sure...just trying to even the scales...

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So, how about next year, game 1?

I will still watch every game and hoping we win but will not count on it.  After the first bad loss or 8 minute scoring drought I probably be on hear arguing with you while you are still backing this sinking ship

14 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Archie Miller at IU has sucked. Archie Miller at Dayton performed well enough to convince our administration that he could perform well here, but he hasn't. 

And if we're being perfectly honest, we hardly resemble a blue blood program anymore. A real blue blood wouldn't be torn about what to do with a coach who gave them 4 years of trash results. 

Did someone mention suckiness?

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I will still watch every game and hoping we win but will not count on it.

I watched every game in Crean’s first years and all the way thru. Watched every game up till last year. I didn’t watch a single game this year. 🤷🏻‍♂️

and I didn’t miss a single IU game. What’s on that floor isn’t IU Basketball. It’s just plain BAD basketball. 

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

I watched every game in Crean’s first years and all the way thru. Watched every game up till last year. I didn’t watch a single game this year. 🤷🏻‍♂️

and I didn’t miss a single IU game. What’s on that floor isn’t IU Basketball. It’s just plain BAD basketball. 

Guess i still love IU sports and have nothing better to do

3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

And I watched every game I could under Crean too...after his last year my opinion was that he should be gone...

Due to facts and circumstances, I'm just not their with Miller yet...

And next year will guide my opinion on him...

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I assume that people that are successful enough to be able to donate enough money to make a difference has more important things to do

I assume that head coaches and Ad's and BOT members etc have more important things to do but several are and have been on here 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

And I watched every game I could under Crean too...after his last year my opinion was that he should be gone...

Due to facts and circumstances, I'm just not their with Miller yet...

And next year will guide my opinion on him...

So if you were ready for Crean to go how in the world do you think Archie deserves another year.  Crean had way more success than Archie has had.  Crean's last 5 years he had won 2 conference titles and went to 3 sweet 16's.  Crean came in with nothing so it should have taken a couple of years where Archie came in with a full roster.  I gave him the 4 years I think all coaches deserves and Archie has done nothing in those 4 years to say he needs another year.

Archived