It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You mean in year 7 or 8, vs year 4? 

Sure, perfect comparison. Exactly the same 

You mean the coach who won 2 conference championships and made 3 sweet 6's in his last 6 years.  He also made the tournament 4 of 6 last 6 years where Archie hasn't coached in the tournament while at IU.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I watched every game in Crean’s first years and all the way thru. Watched every game up till last year. I didn’t watch a single game this year. 🤷🏻‍♂️

and I didn’t miss a single IU game. What’s on that floor isn’t IU Basketball. It’s just plain BAD basketball. 

This is not meant to be disrespectful in any way. You are a knowledgeable and level headed poster.

If you haven’t watched one game this year, how do you come to any conclusions other than through hearsay? 

Maybe just me, but if I was going to be so adamant about something, I would come to that conclusion based on first hand observation 

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well going into the first MSU game we were still had a good chance at the tournament but has lost the last 6 games.  We were 12-9 and 7-7 going into that game so there was no one really talking about his job security.

That is not entirely accurate... there was maybe less chatter at that exact moment BUT this thread is from 14 JAN 2021 and already had 84 pages by the MSU game on 20 FEB 2021...

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So if you were ready for Crean to go how in the world do you think Archie deserves another year.  Crean had way more success than Archie has had.  Crean's last 5 years he had won 2 conference titles and went to 3 sweet 16's.  Crean came in with nothing so it should have taken a couple of years where Archie came in with a full roster.  I gave him the 4 years I think all coaches deserves and Archie has done nothing in those 4 years to say he needs another year.

I see it a little differently...I don't think the guy has had an ounce of luck since he's been here...

I see a lot of things about him I like...and I think he merits one more year...

It's not a one for one with me, Scott...I just came to the conclusion that Crean, even with great talent, wasn't going to get us there...

Simply my opinion...

1 minute ago, GaloisGroupe said:

That is not entirely accurate... there was maybe less chatter at that exact moment BUT this thread is from 14 JAN 2021 and already had 84 pages by the MSU game on 20 FEB 2021...

Talking more about boosters or the people who would be making the decision.

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

"You choose to support the program in the good times, but when it’s struggling, and could really need backing, you bail."(ed)

Why would the year matter?  Either you support or not.  Or is it one rule for you and another for everyone else?

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You mean the coach who won 2 conference championships and made 3 sweet 6's in his last 6 years.  He also made the tournament 4 of 6 last 6 years where Archie hasn't coached in the tournament while at IU.

Not going to go into all the reasons he was fired. Not the point of my response anyway.

Just now, IUFLA said:

I see it a little differently...I don't think the guy has had an ounce of luck since he's been here...

It's not a one for one with me, Scott...I just came to the conclusion that Crean, even with great talent, wasn't going to get us there...

Simply my opinion...

Every coach has bad luck and have still won with injuries.  Other coaches went through player transfers or guys leaving early and still was able to win games.  All the coaches this year dealt with the pandemic and was able to over come that and have good years.

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

This is not meant to be disrespectful in any way. You are a knowledgeable and level headed poster.

If you haven’t watched one game this year, how do you come to any conclusions other than through hearsay? 

Maybe just me, but if I was going to be so adamant about something, I would come to that conclusion based on first hand observation 

Fair question. I loved the Archie hire. By end of last season I had seen enough to know that unless there was some miracle of a turn around this season was going to disappoint BIG TIME and I’m working thru a seriously difficult time in my life and only need things that lift me up not drag me down. IU basketball has gotten to a point it takes 10x more than it gives for me. Needed a break. And from what I’ve read the season has turned out even a tad worse than I thought it would. 😖

14 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You mean after 2 Big Ten titles and 3 Sweet 16 appearances as opposed to 4 seasons of  .500 conference ball or less and less than 20 wins each season?

You drew an arbitrary line then and are mad that people have done the same now.

37 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Unless you believe that a “blue blood “ program would hire a HC who “sucks”

Bill Guthridge of UNC says hello (3 seasons)

Matt Doherty of UNC says hello (3 seasons)

Billy Gillespie of UK says hello (2 seasons)

Archie Miller of IU says hello (? Seasons)

1 minute ago, IU878176 said:

Bill Guthridge of UNC says hello (3 seasons)

Matt Doherty of UNC says hello (3 seasons)

Billy Gillespie of UK says hello (2 seasons)

Archie Miller of IU says hello (? Seasons)

WTF?  Why is Guthridge on your list?

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Simply my opinion...

He did inherit a team with 2 senior guards both of whom had a ton of experience. He also inherited an all BT forward. Not a bad roster to start off with. 

Then he landed Romeo while still having Morgan. Pretty good start really. 

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You mean after 2 Big Ten titles and 3 Sweet 16 appearances as opposed to 4 seasons of less than .500 conference ball and less than 20 wins each season?

You drew an arbitrary line then and are mad that people have done the same now.

Not mad at all.

Like @IUFLAsaid, became clear to me that Crean was not the guy. Gave my reasons 70 or 80 or115 pages back.

No arbitrary line. Just saying that folks accusing me of bailing on Crean ought to realize/acknowledge/accept that it wasn’t after 4 years, and Archie should be given the same time to prove if he’s the guy or not.

Not that anyone cares, but I have been on these boards since Gov’t Cheese was around and GoColts was an irritant but solid poster.  My user name is an homage to our long time friend Ken.  That doesn’t buy me any internet cred, but I enjoy the back and forth on these platforms.

I am familiar with IUScott on TOS, and wasn’t a fan of his.  But on this site, he is a passionate and consistent poster.  I don’t always agree with his posts, but I respect his loyalty to IU basketball.  Tip of the cap Scott.

I graduated from IU in 1992.  Yes I am old.  I miss tuning in to an IU game and expecting to compete for the win.  I miss having a coach that gets the team better as the season goes on.  I wanted Archie to bring IU back to the conversation.  I never opined that he would be the next RMK, but I hoped he would bring IU out of the cellar.  It just hasn’t happened.  I wish Archie the best, but it has to be time to move on.  Anyone who still believe Archie is the answer, hasn’t looked at the test question.  IU fans deserve better than 10th place in year 4.  Feel free to ignore this post, just needed to get this off my chest.  Go IU!

Archived