It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Here’s an eye opening observation....Correct me if I’m wrong, but not one current or past player has posted positive support of Archie during all this mess. The only thing I keep seeing is past IU players showing their frustration. Shouldn’t this red flag rank at the top of Dolson and Co.’s decision making? JMHO...🤔

Earlier this season, Tim Priller was, but he made a really stupid comparison to Knight. I haven't seen any others. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If Stevens is listening gotta imagine he’s tired of not being able to maintain roster stability. 

Roster construction is more work in college but the upside is you have more control.  

I don’t watch the NBA, but isn’t most stuff have to be approved by the ownership too, that might another factor

28 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

How was it known they were IU fans? It could have been anyone that sent those..probably some that dont even know a thing about basketball that just want to stir s^*t.

If you went to games or saw games at different bars at this time, you should have no doubt that these people saw themselves as "IU fans."

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I don’t watch the NBA, but isn’t most stuff have to be approved by the ownership too, that might another factor

i don't watch the NBA, but maybe Stevens doesn't like that it is more like pro wrestling than basketball and would like to get back to real basketball?

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i don't watch the NBA, but maybe Stevens doesn't like that it is more like pro wrestling than basketball and would like to get back to real basketball?

Yea, a lot of of the really good players don’t really need a coach. And they think they are better than everyone and 1 up each other. I would just hate coaching in the NBA, to be honest 

59 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I'm not arguing that he was a bad coach - he certainly had some very good years. I am arguing he wasn't amazing at recruiting. 247 has his class ranks as 51, 283, 34, 45, 29, 8, 14, 30, 107, 31, 43. This board would have a thread eviscerating him every year. He developed the heck out of some of those classes, but let's not pretend those guys were always his first choice - he regularly went after guys and lost to Izzo and the rest of the conference. His bench depth suffered because of it (as it suffers this year with the remnants of his players). On top of that, he is now deemed a racist, so it will be hard for him to even go that high.

He can coach, so I don't think it's a terrible idea to roll the dice on him, but it absolutely could be disasterous.

If we were as successful as Beilein was with those classes, no one would give a damn about the ratings. Nor should they.

He's not deemed a racist. Hell, he's on the Big Ten Network. Do you really think in the environment we are in, he would be on national TV if he were deemed a "racist"?

If hiring a proven winner on a big stage is potentially disasterous, what would hiring an up and Comer be considered?

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Yea, a lot of of the really good players don’t really need a coach. And they think they are better than everyone and 1 up each other. 

i think they NEED a coach.  they just don't THINK they need a coach.  of course they are also allowed to run the team because the coach and owner are afraid to make them unhappy.  

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Yea, a lot of of the really good players don’t really need a coach. And they think they are better than everyone and 1 up each other. I would just hate coaching in the NBA, to be honest 

Kyrie Irving's response on who the head coach is in Brooklyn

The Nets star guard recently admitted he doesn’t really think Brooklyn has an actual “head coach.” Instead, he thinks the head coaching role will rotate to players like himself and Kevin Durant.

“I don’t really see us having a ‘head’ coach,” Irving said on “The ETCs” podcast with Kevin Durant, via Alec Sturm of Nets Republic. “KD could be a head coach, I could be a head coach (some days). . . . Jacque Vaughn could be a head coach could do it one day. It’s a collaborative effort.”

This probably isn’t what Nash wants to hear. Kyrie’s always had trouble with authority, even if that means more experienced players. Nash definitely has some team issues to sort out ahead of the 2021 season.

I doubt we land Stevens but if we do the expectations will be crazy.

I consider my first year expectations, however, to be reasonable/modest  ( ie I only think we should go undefeated, hang banner 6 and win every tourney game by at least 10 points) but am afraid others will unrealistically expect us to blow out every team.

9 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Huh? Have you watched a Big Ten game? NBA basketball has infinitely more flow to it. The talent is light years ahead of college basketball, and the officiating in way, way better. 

I don't mean to turn this conversation sideways, but many college basketball games are almost unbearable to watch. If it wasn't for the pageantry of the college game, it would be a terrible product. 

Is it really fun to watch two teams shoot 39% from the field and struggle to score 65 points on a regular basis? 

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Never thought about it this way:

As if they don't have private conversations and are totally oblivious to the noise and lack of meeting expectations.  

If Stevens or any NBA coach, or even a coach that won't be done until a late tourney run, what good would it do to fire Archie until IU knows what fish is on the line?  What a disaster it would be if we fire CAM today, sit for the next 3 months only to have the top 2-3 targets say no.  I expect CAM will be fired when a replacement is known.  Why else drop 10 mil with no guarantees?  For fans on message boards and social media.  They don't care.  They aren't on our timeline.  

30 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I think Brad Stevens would laugh hysterically at the notion that the NBA isn't real basketball. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think Brad Stevens would laugh hysterically at the notion that the NBA isn't real basketball. 

The nba is such a star driven league, roster management may be capped to a certain extent.  Like Anthony Davis, not wanting to go to the Celtics.  Brad can't control that the nets guys have stacked their roster and they won't be beating them anytime soon.  

All of that is illrelevant compared to the 100 million dollar question.  Does the Steven's family want to come home?  That's really the end game.  Imo

Archived