It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IU Scott said:

Nobody has a clue but I think if he was definitely coming back they would have already announced it.

Why?  He’s still under contract for a few years.  Then will Dolson have to address every hot seat rumor every year?     

Glass did one for Crean then fired him a year later.    Not sure if Dolson will follow suit or just ignore the noise.    He’s been on podcasts and such lately saying how much he loves the fans enthusiasm and that’s what makes IU special.   I’m sure he’ll have some sort of appearance during the tourney too with games in Assembly Hall and he’ll have an opportunity to answer a question or two about it. 

4 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Why?  He’s still under contract for a few years.  Then will Dolson have to address every hot seat rumor every year?     

Glass did one for Crean then fired him a year later.    Not sure if Dolson will follow suit or just ignore the noise.    He’s been on podcasts and such lately saying how much he loves the fans enthusiasm and that’s what makes IU special.   I’m sure he’ll have some sort of appearance during the tourney too with games in Assembly Hall and he’ll have an opportunity to answer a question or two about it. 

I would think he hears the noise and it is not a murmur but jet engine.  If it was just some guys on message boards discussing this it would be one thing but it is coming from media locally and nationally.  Also have seen some former players that are really questioning Archie so it would be in his best interest to say something if he was coming back.  If he is coming back and never comes out and says anything people will still question him about Archie.

12 minutes ago, Bustout said:

The optics of both the BTT and NCAAT tournament couldn’t be worse. It has to be miserable in both the Miller and Dolson households, at least it should be. 

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The optics of both the BTT and NCAAT tournament couldn’t be worse. It has to be miserable in both the Miller and Dolson households, at least it should be. 

Part of the job.  And they’re paid a lot too.  

I will go on record at saying THIS situation with Archie and his accomplishments or lack there of, far outweighs the Crean situation. I wanted Crean out way earlier than he was fired. The problem was Fed Glass and a floundering Coach Crean. 
This same fiasco, absolutely cannot be repeated again with Archie. The fans have spoken louder than I ever heard with Crean. Most importantly, the silence of current and former players under Archie is rings loudest to me.......

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

I will go on record at saying THIS situation with Archie and his accomplishments or lack there of, far outweighs the Crean situation. I wanted Crean out way earlier than he was fired. The problem was Fed Glass and a floundering Coach Crean. 
This same fiasco, absolutely cannot be repeated again with Archie. The fans have spoken louder than I ever heard with Crean. Most importantly, the silence of current and former players under Archie is rings loudest to me.......

Based on results. I don’t disagree.  There are just a few unique factors preventing it from happening and making it such a slam dunk this time around right now. 

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

I was just looking over there and the same guy just posted that he thinks there will be a statement tomorrow....Who knows.

A "statement" to me means that Miller will be back. Words without action. Status quo maintained.

An "announcement" could go either way since it would indicate that there was deliberation and a decision was made one way or another. The announcement would then make that decision public.

But that's just me parsing language.

7 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

A "statement" to me means that Miller will be back. Words without action. Status quo maintained.

An "announcement" could go either way since it would indicate that there was deliberation and a decision was made one way or another. The announcement would then make that decision public.

Or a press conference?

6C1A31C7-8253-4FB7-AA6C-41E8E53D674B.png

7 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I couldn't agree with this more. Parse away.

4 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

A press conference could go either way, so certainly better than a statement. This would make me think a change is probably being made.

Press conference means he is 100% gone. You don’t have a press conference to say nothing is changing 

Just now, IU247 said:

Press conference means he is 100% gone. You don’t have a press conference to say nothing is changing 

That’s what I think.    It’s not like he’s going to take a Q&A after retaining him.  If that were the case and he felt compelled to do it - he’d just tweet/issue something. 

37 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I hope a lot of the disgruntled fans send Dolson an e-mail to show your displeasure where the program is at this time.

7 minutes ago, Bustout said:

That’s what I think.    It’s not like he’s going to take a Q&A after retaining him.  If that were the case and he felt compelled to do it - he’d just tweet/issue something. 

Exactly. You issues a press release for statement for that exact reason, you avoid being hounded by the press. 

a press conference would mean you are making changes. 

Archived