It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

30 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But you don't know the bolded to be true at all...

You see the most vocal...

I see a lot of the people you cited like this...

295846501_giphy(15).gif.ebd31f275b80be298f40f7caff0a5d15.gif

I love that episode. I’m a big Andy Griffith buff. This is the one where Opie meets a spoiled boy who talks him into acting out to get a higher allowance. Andy doesn’t buy it!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, John S said:

I skip most NBA because very little defense, allow 3-4 steps with no traveling, carry the ball on your hip etc.  

There's a ton of defense in the NBA. The defenses are way more sophisticated than college. It's just that you're defending extremely talented offensive players, as opposed to guys in college struggling to  shoot 40% from the field. 

10 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Yes but Glass made sure we played on the road at Georgia Tech. We lost anyway.

Was that Glass decision or Creans?  I always thought it was Creans since he knew writing was on the wall ... but they made some lame excuse. 

42 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But you don't know the bolded to be true at all...

You see the most vocal...

I see a lot of the people you cited like this...

295846501_giphy(15).gif.ebd31f275b80be298f40f7caff0a5d15.gif

I get what your saying but it goes beyond just a vocal few. I go to work and that’s what people are talking about. I watched the first half of the game the other night at the bar at Buffalo Wild Wings and it was packed with a sea of red. Literally half were cheering for Rutgers while wearing IU gear, I was shocked by that. The boos at the stadium. It’s bigger than just a vocal few. Fans of other teams will tell me Archie sucks and needs to go, IU can do way better. Around the Indy area it’s all over the place.  

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

Was that Glass decision or Creans?  I always thought it was Creans since he knew writing was on the wall ... but they made some lame excuse. 

I think a year before Coach Crean and IU parted ways...Fred Glass was quoted as "Tom is part of the solution."  Things change when donors get involved and money is involved.

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I get what your saying but it goes beyond just a vocal few. I go to work and that’s what people are talking about. I watched the first half of the game the other night at the bar at Buffalo Wild Wings and it was packed with a sea of red. Literally half were cheering for Rutgers while wearing IU gear, I was shocked by that. The boos at the stadium. It’s bigger than just a vocal few. Fans of other teams will tell me Archie sucks and needs to go, IU can do way better. Around the Indy area it’s all over the place.  

Just listen to Colin Hartmann about how interested he is in watching this garbage and he played for Archie

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

After seeing this I have e-mailed Dolson that he has only one decision and that is to dismiss Archie from his job.  I went through everything that is wrong with the program like 0-7 against Purdue,  no winning conference seasons.  Former players, fans and media are all against Archie coming back.  Also stated how toxic the atmosphere would be if Archie comes back.

Well, at least now Scott has all the facts he needs to make his decision.

3 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

I think a year before Coach Crean and IU parted ways...Fred Glass was quoted as "Tom is part of the solution."  Things change when donors get involved and money is involved.

Oh I was talking about moving the GT NIT game from Assembly hall to Atlanta 

Just now, BGleas said:

There's a ton of defense in the NBA. The defenses are way more sophisticated than college. It's just that you're defending extremely talented offensive players, as opposed to guys in college struggling to  shoot 40% from the field. 

I agree they are extremely talented and extremely athletic.  However, IMO some of the incredibly flashy spin moves, layups and dunks are facilitated by refs allowing 2+ steps and dragging/shuffling pivot foot.  Some of it happens so quickly that refs ignore.  But other times the travels and carry-of-ball are obvious.  I guess the rules are just enforced a lot different in the pros.  

4 minutes ago, John S said:

I agree they are extremely talented and extremely athletic.  However, IMO some of the incredibly flashy spin moves, layups and dunks are facilitated by refs allowing 2+ steps and dragging/shuffling pivot foot.  Some of it happens so quickly that refs ignore.  But other times the travels and carry-of-ball are obvious.  I guess the rules are just enforced a lot different in the pros.  

The NBA has the gather step which other levels really don't have. So it's not so much the refs not calling it, it's that the rule is different.

Regardless, I'd rather watch high level basketball with guys making open shots, as well as tough shots with defenders all over them, then two two teams struggling to shoot 40% and score 65 points on a regular basis. Add in the refs in the college game completely ruining games, and it's even more difficult to watch. 

I love college basketball, but it's mostly for the pageantry, the history, and then idea of college rivalries, etc. The actual game on the court is pretty bad at times. 

6 minutes ago, John S said:

It is not all about basketball but it is about entertainment for the NBA fans.  They don't want to see their favorite players getting called for travels or carrying the ball.  Also if they called it everytime the game would last forever.

33 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I didn't say it was a few...I know there are a lot of upset people...but I also think people underestimate the number of people who would like to see him get another year...

But I'm willing to abide by AD Dolson's decision...I think some people believe I'll be the one throwing the tantrum if Archie is let go, which couldn't be farther from the truth...

I'll trust a guy who grew up with IU basketball to make a decision he's getting paid to make. Listening to people who have maybe 1/1000th of the overall picture isn't what he'll do...

He knows how the team and Archie interact, we, for all of the wild speculation, don't. I'm sure he's talked to the kids and has a good feel for that...

He knows what's at stake here, and I trust him to make the right decision...

27 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I love that episode. I’m a big Andy Griffith buff. This is the one where Opie meets a spoiled boy who talks him into acting out to get a higher allowance. Andy doesn’t buy it!

Me too...I remember what Andy said to him after Opie told him he was throwing a tantrum...

"Well, don't get your clothes dirty." 

1 minute ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Some of these opinions about the NBA are pretty antiquated and shows how little some of you are watching it, IMO. 

You know, at one time I was as big a fan of the Pacers as I was of IU...

That was before the merger...the Pacers and the other 3 ABA teams that came over (Spurs, Nets, Nuggets) took such a royal screwing, they weren't going to compete in the NBA for years...

The only ABA people that made out were the owners of The Spirits of St Louis...

"The Silna brothers made $800 million from the NBA by agreeing to make the Spirits of St. Louis of the ABA disappear. The Silna brothers pocketed $300 million over a span of nearly four decades and then cashed out for an additional half a billion when exasperated NBA owners finally gave up."

9 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Some of these opinions about the NBA are pretty antiquated and shows how little some of you are watching it, IMO. 

LOL, ain't that the truth.  I don't really follow the NBA that closely but when I watch, I love the product I see.

Archived