It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was thinking if they were having a press conference tomorrow would they have to send a press release telling the press.  If they did that wouldn't you think that someone in the press would report that there was going to be a press conference.

Allegedly as of an hour ago, peegs said there was nothing confirmed 

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was thinking if they were having a press conference tomorrow would they have to send a press release telling the press.  If they did that wouldn't you think that someone in the press would report that there was going to be a press conference.

They are still doing zoom press conferences right? So no. You don’t need to give the press has much heads up as you would an in person press conference.  All the press need to do is click a zoom link. 

So if there is a press conference they press will be notified tomorrow morning I bet. 

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

the presser would have to bee done zoom. only need about an hour to make this happen. technology. 

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I read somewhere else that media is usually informed the morning of the day a media availability will be happening. So would know one way or another tomorrow morning.

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is not all about basketball but it is about entertainment for the NBA fans.  They don't want to see their favorite players getting called for travels or carrying the ball.  Also if they called it everytime the game would last forever.

At the risk of someone sending a compilation video of missed travel calls from the NBA, there aren't actually that many missed travels in the NBA. The NBA doesn't count steps in the same way as college. 

But I don't get how guys can complain about NBA officiating then watch a college game and complain that fans point out college refs impact the outcome. College refs are absolutely atrocious. 

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Yea, this is all hype, Archie will be back probably due to an incompetent Administration 🤦‍♂️ 

Feel like Dolson would/should have issued statement saying Archie is the guy going forward still to show backing if this is the case.

56 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I didn't say it was a few...I know there are a lot of upset people...but I also think people underestimate the number of people who would like to see him get another year...

But I'm willing to abide by AD Dolson's decision...I think some people believe I'll be the one throwing the tantrum if Archie is let go, which couldn't be farther from the truth...

I'll trust a guy who grew up with IU basketball to make a decision he's getting paid to make. Listening to people who have maybe 1/1000th of the overall picture isn't what he'll do...

He knows how the team and Archie interact, we, for all of the wild speculation, don't. I'm sure he's talked to the kids and has a good feel for that...

He knows what's at stake here, and I trust him to make the right decision...

I agree especially about how Scott knows best 1) how the players feel about Archie 2) what Archie has or has not done to try and get the guys to shoot better and play harder 3) whether Archie has been hamstrung by the administration 4) who might leave if he stays, transfer in if he stays or stay if he leaves. 

The answers to these questions would tip the scale towards or away from another year. 

20 minutes ago, 8Bucks said:

I agree especially about how Scott knows best 1) how the players feel about Archie 2) what Archie has or has not done to try and get the guys to shoot better and play harder 3) whether Archie has been hamstrung by the administration 4) who might leave if he stays, transfer in if he stays or stay if he leaves. 

The answers to these questions would tip the scale towards or away from another year. 

If he learned anything from IU's not too distant history, he won't make a decision based on #4. The last time that was part of the equation we got Davis who wasn't ready to be IU's great coach.

And let's face it, while this team isn't completely devoid of talent, there aren't many players on the team who are likely to be stay next year with Miller that would be difficult to replace.

Archived