It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I don’t get that take...unless we have a new coach...but why would Trayce leave. He is being showcased at IU. The whole offense is built around you. He would never play anywhere that would use him more. Now if Archie is gone of course all bets are off.

And he doesnt have to ever run full steam.  Trotting is accepted. 

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Maybe...but if he brought us back to contender status...it would easily pay for itself.

I am sure it would but with the pandemic going on I doubt that would look good for a state college to pay a coach that much.  Listening to Kent Sterling he said IU is 40-60 million in the whole because of the pandemic

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am sure it would but with the pandemic going on I doubt that would look good for a state college to pay a coach that much.  Listening to Kent Sterling he said IU is 40-60 million in the whole because of the pandemic

Deleting so I don’t get in trouble 

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

If he gets a 5th year, which is what I think ends up happening, how many pages will this thread get to?

Well it will probably die down during the summer and start up after our first loss next year so probably 700.  Maybe it won't go up because a lot of people will lose interest in the team and stop posting

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It’s all about revenue. It costs an extra 7 million to fire him but  any future salary reduces that. Plus a 5th year of Archie reduces the revenue we draw. 

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

If he gets a 5th year, which is what I think ends up happening, how many pages will this thread get to?

If he gets a fifth year they will lose a lot of money from donors.  They lost a ton when they hired Sampson and lost a ton of money when they held onto Crean too long.  So never mind, they’ll keep him and keep losing money.........

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

If he gets a fifth year they will lose a lot of money from donors.  They lost a ton when they hired Sampson and lost a ton of money when they held onto Crean too long.  So never mind, they’ll keep him and keep losing money.........

I heard on one of the podcast that said a friend who was a donor said he won't donate until we get back to the tournament

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

What about the new coaches salary and buyout

Thing is...that salary will be a sunk cost regardless if it’s this year or next. They will always have to buy someone out and pay a coaching salary whether it’s Archie or someone else. You are just speeding up the timeline. The only cost that matters is the difference between 10 and 3...and what he will earn somewhere else. 

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What about the new coaches salary and buyout

Does Stevens have a buyout?  :coffee:

As far as the salary,  let's say we pay the new coach $5 million.  That's actually not an extra $5 million.  The extra is only for what is above and beyond what Archie is already making.  And, yes, I'm a huge IU fan, but I have no idea what that amount is. Just not worth my time to worry about things like that.    

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Does Stevens have a buyout?  :coffee:

As far as the salary,  let's say we pay the new coach $5 million.  That's actually not an extra $5 million.  The extra is only for what is above and beyond what Archie is already making.  And, yes, I'm a huge IU fan, but I have no idea what that amount is. Just not my time to worry about things like that.    

Yes and no matter if you do it this year or next the new coach will have a buyout...so that shouldn’t matter if you are going to do it regardless.

Archived