It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

My question would be if we bring him back for a 5th year then what does he have to do next year to keep his job.  After next year you will have to extend him or fire him..  If you don't think he can meet that expectation for next year what good would it be to bring him back.  To me if you bring him back next year then it should be for good because firing him next year will put us back even farther.

yeah, we definitely went round and round with this question already, but this is what i was thinking about today too.  i mean it seems like logically there's no way he should be back next year, but if he is and we have a surprisingly very very good season, then what?  personally i am still in the boat that although i'd be shocked, i would be happy if i change wouldn't be needed.  exactly what is that season?  i'm not sure.  top 3 in B1G maybe?  Sweet 16 maybe?  pass the eye test.  recruiting looking promising?  i don't know.  that all seems so far fetched.  

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

With all the respect in the world because of your posting history. I'll say this. I know several $300k a year families that donate about $2500 a year besides buying tickets.

The money you refer is Cook $. He's the guy that messengered the $750k buyout for Sampson....he's 1 of about 8-9 to have enough juice to actually influence a program.

No offense at all. Just saying this whole donor thing really gets overblown. The university receives $50M a year from TV. You think they give a rats a-- about a dude from Indy that donates $50k per year in cash?? Just doesn't happen.

Actually it doesn’t get overblown. But we will agree to disagree.  There are more than 10 “high level” donors who have the money to help with this buyout if that’s the route they choose. Money is really, never a problem for premiere universities.

27 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Yes!  Plenty of money if it’s needed.

Yes I agree sometimes I think for awhile now the athletic department is more worried about how it looks rather than striving to be successful. I think you are right the money will be there if they ask the ones who haven’t already offered up to now

11 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Was in that situation last year April 16th. Got axed to boost the stock price.  I worked up in Lafayette.  I had a return to do at the local autozone so I did that because I didn’t know when else I would be in Lafayette and figured we would need the money. Then I sat in my car deciding to drive home with or without calling. It was terrible. 

That being said Archie has already gotten 12 million and is guaranteed 10 million more from IU if he chooses to sit on his butt. He gonna be fine. 

Sorry to hear that.  Been there myself. I do understand part of what you say. When you lose you job as the only income and have a very sick child we literally lost it all and started from nothing. Like most of us we were not fortunate enough to have ever had that kind of money in the bank

16 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Yes I agree sometimes I think for awhile now the athletic department is more worried about how it looks rather than striving to be successful. I think you are right the money will be there if they ask the ones who haven’t already offered up to now

Plus it’s not like they need the 10 million the day he would be let go.  As Brass as said it’s over time and any employment is deducted as well.

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Plus it’s not like they need the 10 million the day he would be let go.  As Brass as said it’s over time and any employment is deducted as well.

Yes 10 million sounds scary but it will only be a fraction of that and the big money people I am sure are aware of how it works. And I think throwing 3 million a year at someone who is failing is far more expensive in the long run for whatever buyout money is really involved and the paying top dollar to a coach who has been successful at these levels. 

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/laughed-off-the-floor.207396/page-3

Want to know how far we've fallen?  The 8 fans that Rutgers has were all on an IU forum talking smack and there was really no argument you could have against them...

We have fans of a team that have finished 12, 7, and are currently 7th in the BIG who can come and legitimately claim they have a better team.  Freaking Rutgers.

1 hour ago, Cutter said:

Yes I agree sometimes I think for awhile now the athletic department is more worried about how it looks rather than striving to be successful.

Ding, ding, ding.  We have a winner.  IU is about optics.  If Assembly Hall is full and they can show some highlight videos of players that haven't been on campus in a decade plus before games, they are all good.  They only care about winning when losing punctures the facade.  It has to get ugly before they pull the plug.

17 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Sadly true. Tough to defend your coaching success when you've NEVER beaten our rival. Especially considering they haven't been anything special during CAM's tenure.

Purdue had a second place finish Archie's first year, co champions his second and an Elite 8 appearance isn't "special?"

It sure is in West Lafayette...

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I didn't say he did...Responding to @Hoosierinbham saying Purdue hasn't done anything special during Archie's tenure...

Poorly worded...I revised it...

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a while. Maybe we beat Michigan, then PU and keep MSU from making the tourney and CAM is back.  Short of that call the UHAUL. Sure there would be plenty of people willing to help pack it. Like I said I am never for someone losing their job but this was not a good fit from the beginning. 

Archived