It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

No denying that. But he didn't arrive at IU that way. He was an unselfish team player or he hid it well. I think it's the former because no one accused him of being selfish last year. So what happened?

The first time I recall a hint of this was the FSU game this year when he yelled at his teammates to get him the f-ing ball. He played 40 minutes, had 25 points and 17 rebounds, yet they lost. Rob and Al combined for 5-20.

In the first MSU game, TJD played 37 minutes, had 34 points and 9 rebounds, and they lost. Rob and Al were a combined 0-10.

Last night he only played 27 minutes, was in foul trouble, and attempted only 5 shots. Rob and Al were a combined 6-23.

There have been times when TJD hasn't given 100% effort, but he typically has to play nearly a full game against teams that rotate players bigger than him. I suspect he's just frustrated and tired of losing.

i absolutely agree with that.

47 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Has Race really developed or is he just getting more playing time? I don’t know the answer I’m asking.  IMO it’s a little of both but arguably it could be just one or the other.

Race is my favorite guy.  But, like TJD,  he is out of position in the Big10.  Poor recruiting means there is not a single strong BIG man on the roster.  So guys like Race and Trace pay the price, playing in the paint undersized.  to make it worse CAM has Rob and Al out front and they simply are not strong LEADERS.  

53 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I know, I know Chief...I do however feel the same way. I just think (let’s say hope) this new administration may finally be giving up on trying to plug holes in this sinking ship. I sure hope so.

If the last 20 years are any indication, they'll try to use paper and cardboard to plug those holes. 

1 minute ago, John S said:

Race is my favorite guy.  But, like TJD,  he is out of position in the Big10.  Poor recruiting means there is not a single strong BIG man on the roster.  So guys like Race and Trace pay the price, playing in the paint undersized.  to make it worse CAM has Rob and Al out front and they simply are not strong LEADERS.  

This is a bit of an unfair take. Race and TJD are playing exactly where they should be playing - they both have limitations as almost any player does, but every single coach in the country would play them in the paint. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

This is a bit of an unfair take. Race and TJD are playing exactly where they should be playing - they both have limitations as almost any player does, but every single coach in the country would play them in the paint. 

how do you explain the incredible number of missed lay ups by both and the times it is shoved down Races throat.  why doesn race shoot more?

2 minutes ago, John S said:

how do you explain the incredible number of missed lay ups by both and the times it is shoved down Races throat.  why doesn race shoot more?

What is there to explain? They missed layups, they're limited players. 

You're pretty critical of the coaching staff, but it's really hard to take you seriously if you think TJD or Race belongs.... on the perimeter I assume? Where do you want them if not in the paint? 

I am not saying Underwood is great, clean or anything else, but listen to him and compare it to CAM. I can tell you which guy I want to play for. Did you see how his guys respond after getting ripped? How much they enjoy and celebrate winning. I just dont see any of those qualities in CAM or the relationship with players. That's a big big part of it

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I am not saying Underwood is great, clean or anything else, but listen to him and compare it to CAM. I can tell you which guy I want to play for. Did you see how his guys respond after getting ripped? How much they enjoy and celebrate winning. I just dont see any of those qualities in CAM or the relationship with players. That's a big big part of it

I think when you talk about limitations placed on IUBB by the administration, I think interacting in that way is a big part of it. 

I could be wrong, but I have very strong suspicion that the powers that be have little to no tolerance for that. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I think when you talk about limitations placed on IUBB by the administration, I think interacting in that way is a big part of it. 

I could be wrong, but I have very strong suspicion that the powers that be have little to no tolerance for that. 

Can't disagree but it's almost impossible to win without it

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I'm amazed that Archie literally let TJD drop an "F you" on him during a time out and he then put him back in the game. TJD was mad from the possession before when they called a set for Rob to hit a 3 and he stood and pouted while the set was being run and then yelled at the bench running back down the court. DD was right about his attitude when he called him out last week. He is about himself more than the team. Should he have gotten the ball there? Probably but Archie can't let players show him up and he did. It's no wonder these guys don't listen to him when he can't hold his best player accountable he can't hold anyone accountable. 

Who said that it was directed at Archie?  I watched it several times and could not tell who it was directed at.  I actually thought he was yelling at Galloway.  If it was, indeed, directed at Archie then he really has lost this team --- I don't see any coach putting up with that kind of stuff if it is directed towards them.

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Quinn Buckner is a Trustee and Dolson is the AD.  How could 2 guys who played for or worked with Coach Knight allow that level of wuss in the program?  You don't have to go full Knight to make a point but my goodness...tell the egg heads to worry about the academic side of the house and let you handle the athletic.

1 minute ago, psychobat said:

Who said that it was directed at Archie?  I watched it several times and could not tell who it was directed at.  I actually thought he was yelling at Galloway.  If it was, indeed, directed at Archie then he really has lost this team --- I don't see any coach putting up with that kind of stuff if it is directed towards them.

He was looking down towards whoever was in the middle of the huddle during the TO. If it wasn't Archie then it was another coach. He yelled at the bench before the TO because he didn't like the play call. He was mad at the coaches. Even AJ Guyton said on twitter he was yelling at the staff. 

1 minute ago, psychobat said:

I think we can agree that no matter whom it was directed towards, it’s unacceptable and coupled with the Hunter frustration a game or two ago, suggest a bigger issue within the program.

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Quinn Buckner is a Trustee and Dolson is the AD.  How could 2 guys who played for or worked with Coach Knight allow that level of wuss in the program?  You don't have to go full Knight to make a point but my goodness...tell the egg heads to worry about the academic side of the house and let you handle the athletic.

They are far from the only two guys, and frankly, far from the two most influential figures at IU. 

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He was looking down towards whoever was in the middle of the huddle during the TO. If it wasn't Archie then it was another coach. He yelled at the bench before the TO because he didn't like the play call. He was mad at the coaches. Even AJ Guyton said on twitter he was yelling at the staff. 

He got the ball in the post two plays before that and got stuffed/was fouled, so I'm wagering his anger was related to that as well. 

2 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Everyone in college basketball is laughing at us. How far we have fallen. This program is a joke.

As though everyone cares. PU fans? Maybe. But nobody else gives two shits. And last time I checked we haven't really been relevant year in year out since I was in school. That was a while ago. 

Just now, Inequality said:

I think we can agree that no matter whom it was directed towards, it’s unacceptable and coupled with the Hunter frustration a game or two ago, suggest a bigger issue within the program.

Yeah, we're losing a lot. That's the bigger issue. I am not sure why this is a mystery. When you lose, you fight, you get mad, you yell. 

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

I think the frustration is simply losing games.   If they were winning, this would be the most tight-knit group around.  

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Hos scoring is up but is he a better player skill wise

Nah, I'm done with responding to you. You've been shown multiple players that have developed under CAM that refute your claim, and you just keep moving the goalposts until you're holding on to one last scrap, instead of just admitting you're wrong. Seems to be a pattern. If you can't see the development in these players, particularly the ones that have been specifically pointed out like Race and AF, then you're watching a different game than I am. 

Unpopular opinion but IU will never be a basketball Blue Blood again.  We've had our time, did the best we could with it and are being left behind in the basketball world. 

Unfortunately Coach Knight's legacy was a scorched earth campaign.  He left nothing in his wake.  It was glorious to witness and be part of at the time but it burnt out every bit from the university.  

I just don't see a way we rise from the ashes left behind and regain past glory.  It will take a once in a lifetime coaching hire, again, to get us back there.  And I wholeheartedly believe the administration/BoT does not want that to happen and its why you will never see them go big game hunting when they do a coaching search.

I no longer talk about basketball to my friends or family.  I don't watch most of the time anymore.  I have no excitement for next year or the year after.  I don't talk about #6 unless its about past opportunities. 

I grew up in the 80's watching IU basketball with my dad.  We always talked IU when I called from the abroad while in the  Navy, and then from college at Indiana State, and even when I moved to Iowa.  But then we slowly stopped talking IU basketball and then the last 2 years before he died we didn't talk it at all.  As I type this out, it brings an ache to my heart that i lost him last year and that I don't even have the connection we had for some many years to watch and connect with.  

I do not think I will ever be as passionate about IU basketball again.  They do not care about the program and I have come to feel the same way.  Oh i like coming here and talking about the program and seeing what people think or have to say but its because I can't completely go cold turkey.

Archived