It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

2 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Yep!  Top names want the job.

Interesting in podcast Evans said Crean asked him to speak to team each year.  Archie and staff have never reached out.  Just interesting...

2 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Top candidates will come to IU under any structure.  Listened to Brian Evans podcast today with Hoosierhysterics-  Calapari wanted the IU job twice!  IU wouldn't even listen to him.  He said with Archie, Glass zeroed into him and didn't care to listen to anyone else or even interview others. Evans convinced top candidates will lineup for the job.

Evans was fantastic.  I couldn’t listen intently as it was on in the background. But Evans seemed to be very candid in the way he ripped the administration and bozos like Harry Gonso who want an outsized voice (because he’s at Ice Miller and ran the football when they had leather helmets despite being involved as they haven’t done anything right in basketball in 20 years).  

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

IU has too much fertile recruiting ground to ever be lateral with Baylor or Texas Tech.  The coaches with the right kind of Ego would be lining up for this job. A chance to restore a once proud program.  The choices of candidates won’t ever be the problem, the problem will be and has been the administration 

The hurdle, as always, is the Indiana Administration.  It's an enormous hurdle.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Interesting story.

Basically says Cuban regularly gets emails from IU fans but will not contribute to the buyout.  And, that if Drew or Beard is offered the job they should take it.

They should. They'll never have the resources that KU, UT, or even OU have in their own conference. 

They won't be playing from behind on resources compared to their competitors at IU. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll just say this. If I  was a coaches agent I'd be signing not only 5-7 year contract....the worth of the contract would almost be guaranteed. IU and everything that entails still has some juice....but right now what IU is known for is swallowing up the best available and kicking them to the curb in 5 years. Why would a coach who has a good thing going want to come here and risk having to reinvent themselves in 5 years. 

I don't like participating much in this thread so I'll just add this point. If IU doesn't have a home run lined up....you roll with Archie (if TJD is coming back) another year. Right now the available candidates don't look like some big upgrade. 

I don't see TJD coming back especially after last night.  Also we will have the same candidates next year so why wait another year.

40 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

IU has too much fertile recruiting ground to ever be lateral with Baylor or Texas Tech.  The coaches with the right kind of Ego would be lining up for this job. A chance to restore a once proud program.  The choices of candidates won’t ever be the problem, the problem will be and has been the administration 

I respect your viewpoint and seem to have some connection so what coaches do you see we would have a realistic chance to get.

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Just got a text saying that barring a big ten tournament championship Archie is done. I guess we won’t have to wait long if it’s true..

Edit- also stated it will be a mutual decision so the buyout may not be as big of an issue as we thought.

🤷🏼‍♂️

Why would Archie want out? I know, I know, we've lost a lot and this hasn't really worked out thus far.. But most coaches don't walk away from this type of job without a fight?

Just now, IU Scott said:

I don't see TJD coming back especially after last night.  Also we will have the same candidates next year so why wait another year.

I haven't looked at many of the posts regarding TJD. If people are basing whether he'll return on him yelling at someone I'd say this. Kids yell all the time at each other and coaches. No big deal. If it's something else I'd like to know. 

We wait another year for coaches who are borderline to prove it wasn't a one year deal. If Oates, Musselman and the gang were good this year....show it again next. Why should we invest $40M on one year?

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Just got a text saying that barring a big ten tournament championship Archie is done. I guess we won’t have to wait long if it’s true..

Edit- also stated it will be a mutual decision so the buyout may not be as big of an issue as we thought.

🤷🏼‍♂️

I feel like I need to put my milehiiu hat on here and state that as a trusted poster we appreciate what you contribute to the board.  You have a history of breaking news and being right and I hope this is once again true.  Thank you for sharing!

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

🤷🏼‍♂️

So is that why the BOT has a meeting Sunday but that is before the BTT.  I sure hope this is true because this program needs a breath of fresh air.   I guess there will be some watching for flight patterns in the next few weeks if this is true,

I am watching some of the Minnesota and PSU game and Minnesota has mailed it in more than we have.  the announcers were even talking about the body language of Minnesota and they just don't look like they care and is down 17 a the half.

8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

🤷🏼‍♂️

Wouldn't be totally surprised by this. It's what Matta and OSU did. I wouldn't be shocked if Archie's had some conversations with Thad. Thad officially resigned rather than being fired.

4 minutes ago, madmax said:

Why would Archie want out? I know, I know, we've lost a lot and this hasn't really worked out thus far.. But most coaches don't walk away from this type of job without a fight?

Sometimes happiness and mental health might be more important.  So far I haven't seen where fans have gotten to the family like they did with Crean and Davis so I don't know if things like this is going on.  Having a bad year in a normal year has to take its toll but doing it during a pandemic has to totally drain you of any enthusiasm. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I haven't looked at many of the posts regarding TJD. If people are basing whether he'll return on him yelling at someone I'd say this. Kids yell all the time at each other and coaches. No big deal. If it's something else I'd like to know. 

We wait another year for coaches who are borderline to prove it wasn't a one year deal. If Oates, Musselman and the gang were good this year....show it again next. Why should we invest $40M on one year?

Some has said it is his plan from day 1 to go after two years.  I also look at body language and he just doesn't seem to enjoy playing here but just my observation.

7 minutes ago, madmax said:

Get out now before rep is completely destroyed? An open job (Penn St) looks appealing? He looks beaten down so maybe hes over dealing with aspects of being the coach here. Plenty of possible reasons but you're right doesnt usually happen

14 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

🤷🏼‍♂️

Dude...broski...

Keep the intel coming whether it ultimately pans out or not. 😎

Just now, IU Scott said:

I have not seen any reports but it seems like Capel is having a lot of problems at Pitt.  I wonder if Archie would take that job if it came open or maybe some feelers has been put out to him about that job.  That is to say if this rumor is true.

That's an interesting scenario.

Just now, cybergates said:

Get out now before rep is completely destroyed? An open job (Penn St) looks appealing? He looks beaten down so maybe hes over dealing with aspects of being the coach here. Plenty of possible reasons but you're right doesnt usually happen

First sentence. He's spent his life getting to this moment only to have it ripped apart in 48 months. Save what you can and move along. Mutual decision shows there might be more things in play in terms of what myself and others have suggested. IU isn't the place as advertised. 

Shoot. Archie can head West...hang out with Few, win 30 games in a weak conference and be called a legend apparently. 

Just now, cybergates said:

I understand all of that.. but most people who are in the position that he is in are far too proud to step down. I mean I remember Crean's final press conference after the loss at Georgia Tech in the NIT where he discussed plans for the summer to instill toughness with our players, and if he wasn't a dead man waking then I don't know what is. From what I think I know about Archie, I just can't fathom him just deciding to step down due to being "beaten down" or his reputation. Time will tell, I suppose.

16 minutes ago, madmax said:

He’s lost his will, it’s been pretty obvious the last couple weeks.  He’s made plenty of money and he will get another job at a smaller level to restart his career. 

19 minutes ago, madmax said:

He's been fighting this job for 4 years. Maybe he's had enough. 

Archived