It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

He’s lost his will, it’s been pretty obvious the last couple weeks.  He’s made plenty of money and he will get another job at a smaller level to restart his career. 

Yeah. But lost his will because of the losing? Or lost his will because there are things going on behind the scenes that have hamstrung him? I don't know of course, just simply speculating.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s lost his will, it’s been pretty obvious the last couple weeks.  He’s made plenty of money and he will get another job at a smaller level to restart his career. 

I can see him getting the Pitt job if it comes open

16 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I feel like I need to put my milehiiu hat on here and state that as a trusted poster we appreciate what you contribute to the board.  You have a history of breaking news and being right and I hope this is once again true.  Thank you for sharing!

Much appreciated and thanks for bringing Miles name into it.  Miss him. Let’s hope it just pans out!

1 minute ago, madmax said:

Yeah. But lost his will because of the losing? Or lost his will because there are things going on behind the scenes that have hamstrung him? I don't know of course, just simply speculating.

Archie was only hampered his first year here.  The rest has been on him.

If Archie is fired/resigned we will never know the answer to this question. But I would pay money to know what his actual thoughts on the last 4 years are. Does he accept responsibility for it? Or does he think our fanbase/administration is unreasonable?

23 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Just got a text saying that barring a big ten tournament championship Archie is done. I guess we won’t have to wait long if it’s true..

Edit- also stated it will be a mutual decision so the buyout may not be as big of an issue as we thought.

🤷🏼‍♂️

That’s pretty bold info! Like you mentioned earlier, sometimes you’re hesitant to post things in fear that fans will over react. You must be feeling pretty good about your sources....👍🏼

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I respect your viewpoint and seem to have some connection so what coaches do you see we would have a realistic chance to get.

Probably going to be a cheap one if I had my “guess”.   I’m guessing one of these, and I haven’t been told any list this is just me.

Musselman

Fife

would be 2 names that wouldn’t shock me.

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

That’s pretty bold info! Like you mentioned earlier, sometimes you’re hesitant to post things in fear that fans will over react. You must be feeling pretty good about your sources....👍🏼

No more than normal, basically I’m saying “I don’t give a sh*t anymore if it’s right or wrong because I do know there are people who appreciate it.”  Plus it keeps my Inbox empty.

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Much appreciated and thanks for bringing Miles name into it.  Miss him. Let’s hope it just pans out!

I want to thank you for the information. When I get on the board I always look to see if you have posted. And just like you I miss Mile. He was a very special person.

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Probably going to be a cheap one if I had my “guess”.   I’m guessing one of these, and I haven’t been told any list this is just me.

Musselman

Fife

Man that would be so disappointing, but not surprising. 

Thank you as always for your insider info. 

All, I’ve shared every bit of information I’ve received to this point, I don’t know anymore than any of you of it’s legit or not, but it seems like there is something going on for sure.  If it doesn’t come to be true I will still trust this source because he heard this information from a reliable source himself.  Relax and let’s see what happens.

Musselman

Fife

Musselman could be interesting but I haven't done much research to see if he has had any trouble with breaking rules.  I know he won at Nevada and now Arkansas and has built teams on a lot of transfers.  I also wonder what recruiting connections he would have in the Midwest. Also what is your thought on Drew at Baylor and if he or IU be interested.

2 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Man that would be so disappointing, but not surprising. 

Thank you as always for your insider info. 

I thought so initially but I’m willing to give anyone a chance.  What if Fife would bring in Lewis as an assistant, possibly Cheaney?  Fife can coach, is he ready for IU? Maybe we find out maybe we don’t.  Willing to give anyone a chance because I thought Archie was and he wasn’t the guy.  Maybe it will be an under the radar guy who brings us back!

12 minutes ago, madmax said:

If Archie is fired/resigned we will never know the answer to this question. But I would pay money to know what his actual thoughts on the last 4 years are. Does he accept responsibility for it? Or does he think our fanbase/administration is unreasonable?

He can’t hide from his record.  I think he’s smart enough to understand that.  

I thought so initially but I’m willing to give anyone a chance.  What if Fife would bring in Lewis as an assistant, possibly Cheaney?  Fife can coach, is he ready for IU? Maybe we find out maybe we don’t.  Willing to give anyone a chance because I thought Archie was and he wasn’t the guy.  Maybe it will be an under the radar guy who brings us back!

You don't see many power 5 programs hire an assistant coach but it has worked for some teams in the past.  Just like when Archie was hired I was willing to give him a chance even though I was not happy with the hire.  I also assume there is way to much baggage to ever think about Gregg Marshall

I can't even type what I want to type. I'll say this. If Dane Fife is given consideration for this position I'll be tapping out of the IU fandom. Great former player? Sure. Some coaching experience? I guess. Ready to take on this role? No. Never. Nada. Zilch.....that's all.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't even type what I want to type. I'll say this. If Dane Fife is given consideration for this position I'll be tapping out of the IU fandom. Great former player? Sure. Some coaching experience? I guess. Ready to take on this role? No. Never. Nada. Zilch.....that's all.

Agreed, I have a hard time seeing people sticking around for Fife....it would be a total rebuild. Also, given the way Jud passed the torch to Izzo, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the plan in E. Lansing.

2 minutes ago, macomb hoosier said:

Agreed, I have a hard time seeing people sticking around for Fife....it would be a total rebuild. Also, given the way Jud passed the torch to Izzo, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the plan in E. Lansing.

Winning cures all.  You could hire some Indiana high school coach as long as he wins.  Who was Brad Stevens before Butler gave him a shot?  Not saying I don’t see your point because I do but just saying winning cures everything in all sports.

16 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Man I sure hope as hedoublehockeysticks, we don't hire an under the radar guy! The last 2 experiments have not panned out. I'm in the home run hire group!

Just now, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Man I sure hope as hedoublehockeysticks, we don't hire an under the radar guy! The last 2 experiments have not panned out. I'm in the home run hire group!

I agree, but there were some that thought Archie was a home run hire as well.  Not saying I like it, just saying I’ll give anyone a chance because we truly never know.

Winning cures all.  You could hire some Indiana high school coach as long as he wins.  Who was Brad Stevens before Butler gave him a shot?  Not saying I don’t see your point because I do but just saying winning cures everything in all sports.

Fine, but Fife starting a head coaching career in Lansing would be totally different than walking into this mess. It's going to take more than a good coach to clean up this situation...unless that coach is a chosen one. Fife's family, contacts, etc. are in Michigan and they have a system that he has helped with. This team is not built like MSU and Fife has no experience building/working with anything else.

As much as I know this needs to happen and I agree that it's time and needs to happen, I still hate it. 

I really like Archie. At least what I know publicly, he seems like a good guy and I really thought we had found our guy. 

It's a real shame it hasn't worked out, and on the personal side I'm sad for Archie and his family, as well as the IU fan base. 

Again, let me reiterate that those were my names that I wouldn’t be shocked about.  I haven’t seen or heard of a “list” as of yet.  I know some names that were mentioned but that’s just talk as of now and it wasn’t Fife or Alford. Maybe that will clear it up a little.

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I have little to no faith that IU's administration can get this right. 

That's the part I didn't hear in Dolson's thing with AJ yesterday. All I wanted to hear was Dolson say I've been given clearance to do whatever is necessary. Seems like a company guy. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong. 

Archived