It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

45 minutes ago, JugRox said:

IMO this is the most important thing about Drew. He is winning in a power 5 conference without a single player ranked in the top 50. His first top 25 ranked recruiting class in the last 5 years is next year.

Miller not having enough talent is a big problem. Crean didn't have enough talent when he failed.

It would be nice to have a coach win without having to out talent the other team.

On top of all that, Drew would bring in more talent at Indiana than he would at Baylor.

Is he the long term solution? I don't know.

But I think he would be the coach to turn things around the fastest. Which would be a lot of transfers and junior college kids in the next 2 years.

Good point. If any coach believes that he loses because of talents, he can blame himself. For the first 2 years, yes it can be a good excuse if he inherited a terrible roster. But that excuse has an expiration date. It's either failure to attract good enough talent (or failure to manage roster) or failure to develop players. In Archie's case, it's the latter. It's quite ironic that a former point guard (who was also a good shooter) doesn't have a good point guard or a good shooter on his team. He never had one in 4 years. It's counterintuitive. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

Flight numbers are showing a major booster's private jet heading from Bloomington to Houston. Must be meeting with Kelvin Sampson. 

🤪

So if we play this game I’d assume we have no reason to believe IU will make fake flights to places to lead fans off right?

Because that legit happens in the SEC. all the time.

So many fans tracked every booster plane and the schools plane so close they’d fly to places and not even meet people, then fly to a place to meet someone that didn’t associate with them. All kinds of Misdirection.

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

So if we play this game I’d assume we have no reason to believe IU will make fake flights to places to lead fans off right?

So many fans tracked every booster plane and the schools plane so close they’d fly to places and not even meet people, then fly to a place to meet someone that didn’t associate with them. All kinds of Misdirection.

Didn't Fred meet with Archie out in California while he was watching Sean in the NCAA tournament?

5 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Didn't Fred meet with Archie out in California while he was watching Sean in the NCAA tournament?

Could be. That’s why I was asking. That’s not too over the top deceptive. That could be figured out. I know UT would meet in city X which should be for Coach A while meeting with Coach B instead. Then a day later fly the plane and park it for hours at a random city not associated with any possible candidate. It was crazy.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

The Celtics are playing the Rockets tonight?

You know the sad thing was, basketball wise, Sampson was the guy. Now, ethically and morally it obviously wasn't the case.

I still think phone call issue was total BS. Especially after the UNC grade fixing crap.  The NCAA proved it was about money.

27 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I have no idea about flight info. I was just having some fun. I used to live, eat, and breath this stuff. Now, with all of life's curveballs and watching my family grow up I am not nearly as involved. Priorities change I guess. 

10 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

I have no idea about flight info. I was just having some fun. I used to live, eat, and breath this stuff. Now, with all of life's curveballs and watching my family grow up I am not nearly as involved. Priorities change I guess. 

Gosh me too man. I followed it wicked close. Kids change things.

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Bit of bad luck on his part, but the things that stand out to me on that list are:

1. the rest of the teams in the top 10 all had winning records overall (.621 being the worst)
  2. only one had a losing conference record (8-10)
  3. all were ranked at some point, and
  4. all made the tournament.

1 hour ago, beaver56 said:

Flight numbers are showing a major booster's private jet heading from Bloomington to Houston. Must be meeting with Kelvin Sampson. 

🤪

Maybe flying into Houston to stay the night before a quick short flight in the morning to go to head up to Waco and talk to Drew lol.

55 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

You know the sad thing was, basketball wise, Sampson was the guy. Now, ethically and morally it obviously wasn't the case.

I still think phone call issue was total BS. Especially after the UNC grade fixing crap.  The NCAA proved it was about money.

There was a lot more going on with the players on that last Sampson team - it wasn't just an issue with phone calls. 

20 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Calbert Cheaney or Drew...  I will take either one.  Don't be shocked if it's Cheaney

We haven't gotten over the top with experienced coaches why not try it.  Howard seems to be a good argument for this.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Miller is a good coach and will succeed where he lands next.

He had 2 things he just couldn't overcome at IU: Roster Management and Strength of the B10

The B10 won't be half as good as it is this year. The new coach could potentially win some games and look like a great hire out the gate. Don't think for a second Doloson doesn't know this. He wants this to look good.

2 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Cheaney is the closest thing we have to a Howard.  College player, NBA player, college coach, NBA coach....  screw it, lets roll with him.

It's not a bad idea. Would need a very, very strong supporting cast though. Like Howard has Martelli. 

Archived