It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i would have LOVED to see Romeo play a season with a non-dysfunctional team.

And a working shooting hand!

I've said this before, and I also I understand it's different situations, but as a Celtics fan I can say on offense last season with the Celtics Langford basically just stood in the corner all of the time as well. 

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Where can I listen to the radio show tonight?

I don’t know the stations down here in Florida but I listen to all my radio on Tunein app. Free. Always get the games I’m sure if you get the station you can just put in the station I’d.

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

And a working shooting hand!

I've said this before, and I also I understand it's different situations, but as a Celtics fan I can say on offense last season with the Celtics Langford basically just stood in the corner all of the time as well. 

Kind of ironic our two highest recruits in the last 15 years both had wrist problems that limit there play(Gordon, Romeo)  They still was effect but it sure hurt their outside shooting

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If he comes to IU, it has to be written into his contract that the big kid #24 with the mullet transfers with him. 

That's a deal breaker for me! 

A lot of one on one offense which I am not a fan of but most teams run the same offense

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I’ve been told from a legit source that there is a search team that has already been put together to find the new coach IF we do indeed fire Archie. No idea if that decision has already been made or not. 

If Archie does go this is who I want:

1.Stevens

2.Beard

3. Drew 

4. Muzzelman 

5. Oats

Is this Muzzelman a new candidate!?.......🤔🤔

25 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t know the stations down here in Florida but I listen to all my radio on Tunein app. Free. Always get the games I’m sure if you get the station you can just put in the station I’d.

Just got done listening to his show....I didn’t hear anything cryptic or strange from Archie. He said the same type of comments I stated earlier....”good physical practices, banged up, Blah, blah blah... did anyone get anything else different?

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Just got done listening to his show....I didn’t hear anything cryptic or strange from Archie. He said the same type of comments I stated earlier....”good physical practices, banged up, Blah, blah blah... did anyone get anything else different?

See my above post

Also I don’t think Archie is a horrible coach. I think he has been snake bit a ton at IU with horrible injury luck and the BIG being incredibly good. But that being said I don’t think the talent level outside of 1 year was ever good enough to be at the top of the BIG and mostly that falls on him and the staff to recruit better. 

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I’ve been told from a legit source that there is a search team that has already been put together to find the new coach IF we do indeed fire Archie. No idea if that decision has already been made or not. 

1.Stevens

2.Beard

3. Drew 

4. Muzzelman 

5. Oats

if we don't get one of those guys or Matta or Beilein it's a fail

Just now, 5 championships said:

Also I don’t think Archie is a horrible coach. I think he has been snake bit a ton at IU with horrible injury luck and the BIG being incredibly good. But that being said I don’t think the talent level outside of 1 year was ever good enough to be at the top of the BIG and mostly that falls on him and the staff to recruit better. 

I can’t think of anyone who believes we should’ve been in the hunt for a conference title yet. Minimal expectation is to be showing by now we are CLEARLY headed that way. 
We are NOT

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If he comes to IU, it has to be written into his contract that the big kid #24 with the mullet transfers with him. 

That's a deal breaker for me! 

I’d take any of them. Don’t they have 4 starters shooting over 40% from 3??

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Listened to Archies radio show, if he’s leaving he’s hiding it well.  Seemed energized and positive.  Definitely not what I was expecting.  

I got the same feeling. I found it interesting that he mentioned the spirited huddles and how the players were speaking out and directing things. He said, “It was nice that the coaches didn’t have to do a lot of talking during time outs because the players all spoke up.” Hmmmm...

9 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

1.Stevens

2.Beard

3. Drew 

4. Muzzelman 

5. Oats

My question why would they already have a committee put together if they haven't made their minds up.

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Listened to Archies radio show, if he’s leaving he’s hiding it well.  Seemed energized and positive.  Definitely not what I was expecting.  

Maybe it is relief knowing he won't have to put up with all of this stuff in a couple of weeks.

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I got the same feeling. I found it interesting that he mentioned the spirited huddles and how the players were speaking out and directing things. He said, “It was nice that the coaches didn’t have to do a lot of talking during time outs because the players all spoke up.” Hmmmm...

Spin

Archived