It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IU Scott said:

A plea to the next coach please only show videos of players actually practicing basketball skills and not their 6 packs

I know the S&C is important part of the game nowadays but sometimes I wonder if that hurts these kids with their touch and shooting.  I know everyone else does it too but as a whole shooting seems to be way down in college ball the last few years.  

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I know the S&C is important part of the game nowadays but sometimes I wonder if that hurts these kids with their touch and shooting.  I know everyone else does it too but as a whole shooting seems to be way down in college ball the last few years.  

I didn't lift much but in 9th grade we had to and it hurt my shooting a lot.

4 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

They are kids! I am tried of Archie’s post game crap! You can play them all back to back they sound the same. Give the other team credit, we played hard I’m proudness of how we completed. We just need to make more shot got to play smarter. 
At least Mike Davis came out in the post game and said. I,m over my head I,m not the guy you need. 

You are exactly right. I can almost say exactly what he’s going to say each press conference.  He is in over his head too, and not because he’s 5’8”.

14 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

That’s what’s the most worrisome.  The kids don’t even seem to care.  After the loss I got on Twitter and it had to be 5 minutes after the final buzzer and Brunk, TJD, and Al all had already liked or retweeted something. I get that it’s whole new generation but man that’s not a good look.

Yup...that sums it up. UNREAL

Just now, IU Scott said:

What is more depressing is watching the #4 UI and #7 OSU playing a great game knowing those two coaches was hired the same year as Archie.  OSU up 68-64 with under 4 to go in the game.

It’s not coaching, they just have players who make plays....🤣

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Trust me that’s not the issue. This is my life...training. All you have to do is keep shooting while you’re growing in your strength and it doesn’t affect it at all. It’s a total myth. 

You body changes an absolute FRACTION as much with lifting as when you’re just growing as an adolescent and we never view that as an excuse. Lifting/training is a 100x more a part of sports today and it helps in every way. 

You know what really frost my @/%# we will watch this same crap next year! So disappointing I stopped watching all pro sports a few years ago. Just lost interest, I love college sports, I love IU, but this is awful. I would like for the AD to come out and say something like. I’ve talked to Archie he’s got a plan to get this corrected. 
if not he is gone. Are better yet we are looking for Archie replacement. 
would like the reporters to ask real questions like what have you done to correct this. Obviously YOUR players can’t play YOUR offense. Why is that you recruited them! 

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

Trust me that’s not the issue. This is my life...training. All you have to do is keep shooting while you’re growing in your strength and it doesn’t affect it at all. It’s a total myth. 

You body changes an absolute FRACTION as much with lifting as when you’re just growing as an adolescent and we never view that as an excuse. Lifting/training is a 100x more a part of sports today and it helps in every way. 

I don’t know anything about it so I’ll trust you in this part.  It’s just odd that the weight lifting programs seemed to get an uptick the same time the shooting went down hill.  Probably just a coincidence.  I was neither a great shooter or great weight lifter.😂

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t know anything about it so I’ll trust you in this part.  It’s just odd that the weight lifting programs seemed to get an uptick the same time the shooting went down hill.  Probably just a coincidence.  I was neither a great shooter or great weight lifter.😂

I would rather have more work on endurance and stretching over weight lifting.  I know you have to be strong to play in the big ten but you also don't have to look like a body builder either.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I would rather have more work on endurance and stretching over weight lifting.  I know you have to be strong to play in the big ten but you also don't have to look like a body builder either.

Honestly I don’t care what they do or look like if they win damn games! 

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don't know that the first part of your post is even really accurate. When Crean was here they posted that stuff all of the time too, maybe even more, and his teams could shoot. 

As BadgerVol said, lifting weights does nothing negative to shooting, it actually makes you a better shooter. Improved range, gives you the ability to shoot through fatigue, etc. 

All of the pro guys do this, college guys, etc. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I'm sure they work on all of those things. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't know that the first part of your post is even really accurate. When Crean was here they posted that stuff all of the time too, maybe even more, and his teams could shoot. 

As BadgerVol said, lifting weights does nothing negative to shooting, it actually makes you a better shooter. Improved range, gives you the ability to shoot through fatigue, etc. 

It is funny that most of the all time best shooter are on the slender side. Curry, Durant, Reggie, Bird

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They do both. And many think lifting me like body building. It isn’t. It’s all functional, multi-joint exercises built around athletic movement. It’s so much better than even 10 years ago. But even in HS for me in the 90s we were all over just basic lifting and omg it grew my range like MAD.

I’ve mentored under a few heavy hitters on the world of training. It’s a great passion of mine. I can make a huge argument that increases of injuries have way more to do with nutrition and rest than any other variable in young and growing athletes.

but I digress 

Just now, IU Scott said:

It is funny that most of the all time best shooter are on the slender side. Curry, Durant, Reggie, Bird

Reggie and Bird are from a different era, so not really applicable. I promise you Curry and Durant lift just like IU's players do, if not more. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

shooting isn’t anywhere as good as it was in the 80s and 90s. Maybe that’s more of a case of more players leaving earlier than back then. 

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

They do both. And many think lifting me like body building. It isn’t. It’s all functional, multi-joint exercises built around athletic movement. It’s so much better than even 10 years ago. But even in HS for me in the 90s we were all over just basic lifting and omg it grew my range like MAD.

I didn't lift and my range went to out 23 feet.  I got a chance once to be on the floor at Market Square Arena helping with the Boys and Girls club.  During a break I shot 20 3's from the pro range and hit 8.  If I would have lifted weights I probably could of shot longer shots. LOL!

Archived