It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Just watching Utah State right now. They move the ball so much better than IU does. When they throw the ball to the post the backside guards move and exchange spots.   This is nothing really other than an observation of how stale the IU offense is.

I turned that game on and thought Utah Dt had a better record than 14-7

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could care less what other boards say. They have no more credibility than any message board poster.

Alumni in the media are the same. Just like you and me other than they have a broader platform to make their opinions known.

Would be interested in a canvas of all former players, not just the ones who have spoken out publicly. Seems to me that there are a lot more who have not made public their opinions on Archie than those that have.

I believe firmly that bad news sells news and until proven otherwise, will always be skeptical about how the “media “ and “former players “ really think 

It is clearly time to make changes.

Regarding Archie, after the previous coach, I was truly excited we had a gym rat, son-of-a-coach, former and successful NCAA player, and young in-demand coach with an early run to the elite 8.

I still have a load of respect for Archie as a person.  He has never embarrassed the university or been one to over-speak.  He is measured and consistent, too.  While his roster has not proven to be conference strong, he has been steady and gone after Indiana kids to build the team. 

Sometimes, things just don’t work.  I like Archie a great deal as a person, but simply not acceptable results.  Wish you all the best if you do move on, and will cheer like I always have if for some reason (10 mil of them) you are still here next season.  

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am just watching the post game show with Leary.  He just said he thought the best thing would be to keep Archie but bring 3 new assistants.  He said he should bring in an offensive coach and a player development coach.  He did say. Changes needs to be made because there is a disconnect between the coaches and players.

I don't think this is a good idea.  Basically you're saying that HC is not competent to pick his own staff.  If he can't do that, I don't see it likely that he can right the ship.  It's also micromanaging. 

8 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

I wouldn't expect Dolson to announce whether Miller is being fired or retained until after the season is officially over. That will probably be next Thursday when they lose in the BTT to Rutgers or Maryland.

so... it looks like it could be Rutgers, MD, or Wisc right?  how does the tie breaker work?  i don't think we'd win any of them at this point, but serious question to all - who is playing the worst of those teams right now?  if we had a chance against someone, which of those 3 would we rather play?

i have actually been reluctant to scream fire archie now, but... seriously.  this skid to end the season along with losing to Purdouche AGAIN along with signs of losing the guys, i can't imagine that he'll be here next year even with the financial considerations.  it just seems obvious at this point.  my concern is us taking the cheap, risky way out with the new coach.  if so, i'll say again, i'd rather keep him until we come to our senses and make a big hire.  i can't at all see getting new assistant coaches as the answer.  i can't see Archie truly agreeing to do that because it's their fault and not his?  also can't really see that fixing all of our problems unless the assistants' names are Stevens, Matta, and Drew.

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so... it looks like it could be Rutgers, MD, or Wisc right?  how does the tie breaker work?  i don't think we'd win any of them at this point, but serious question to all - who is playing the worst of those teams right now?  if we had a chance against someone, which of those 3 would we rather play?

You're right, we might play Wisconsin, too. I missed that they were also at 10 wins. I'm not sure how the tie breakers work, especially if they all don't play the same number of games but it looks like they'll all play 20 B1G games so that shouldn't be a factor.

I think Wisconsin gives us the best chance at a win in the BTT. They'd be on a 3 game losing streak if we play them and we played them closer than the other 2 in the game this season.

4 hours ago, slojoe said:

I don't think this is a good idea.  Basically you're saying that HC is not competent to pick his own staff.  If he can't do that, I don't see it likely that he can right the ship.  It's also micromanaging. 

Not that I disagree with what you are saying, but there are other viewpoints as well.  Maybe Archie didn't get who he really wanted to begin with?  That could be due the salary IU was going to pay out.  Maybe that is still a constriction with Archie getting "his staff?"  

Just going off of the RMK years, it was amazing how many assistants he went through.  And it seemed when ever one of his "buddies" lost their job there was a place for them in Bloomington.

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

EVERYTIME you see a stat that blows your mind another comes out. Crean dig out of a worse hole faster. Heck Archie jumped into the hole and has been caving in the walls slowly. 

What about the slide of our record in B1G play? 😬 

17/18: 9-9
18/19: 8-12
19/20: 9-11
20/21: 7-12

9 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

EVERYTIME you see a stat that blows your mind another comes out. Crean dig out of a worse hole faster. Heck Archie jumped into the hole and has been caving in the walls slowly. 

Creans trajectory was going up ....CAM trajectory has been going down

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

In this conference? That changes daily. Maryland put together a nice streak then went to NW and looked completely inept. We'll see what they do today, but Wisconsin has lost their last two, although both were close games against ranked teams. Rutgers lost by 20+ to Nebraska, but went to Minnesota and won and beat us twice. I think we match up best with Maryland or Wisconsin, so I'm hoping for one of those two.

Archived