It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

1 hour ago, Bustout said:

Do you really think Archie feels that way?  A competitive person. The coach of one of the best programs in hoops.  A very coveted job.  Do you think he’s actively looking to get out?  

I personally don’t.  While I realize he hasn’t won much here, I think he wants to win here.     

Not sure you can use best program in hoops, well at least last 30 years.  We are not a premier program any longer.  Still storied and an old school blue blood.  But not relevant in basketball any longer.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Not sure you can use best program in hoops, well at least last 30 years.  We are not a premier program any longer.  Still storied and an old school blue blood.  But not relevant in basketball any longer.

It’s still one of the premier jobs.  Not a top 5 job, but it’s still easily one of the best.  No brainer.   

5 minutes ago, Bustout said:

It’s still one of the premier jobs.  Not a top 5 job, but it’s still easily one of the best.  No brainer.   

It’s an interesting dichotomy. Folks want to say that we aren’t a top program anymore based on our recent record, yet we should be attracting the best possible coaching candidates because we are a premier program 

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

It’s an interesting dichotomy. Folks want to say that we aren’t a top program anymore based on our recent record, yet we should be attracting the best possible coaching candidates because we are a premier program 

Last time around, we got arguably one of the best up and coming coaches.  Obviously hasn’t quite worked out.   Up and comers certainly are a gamble - that’s why I don’t think they’ll go an Oats, Fife type guy this time around.   Probably try to grab someone with big12, big10, etc experience.    

Even Crean had this program back near the top of the world.  I’m confident there are a lot of other guys that can (and equally shocked Archie hasn’t honestly/admittedly)

Is it not sad that even The fan base have lost faith!! I for one hoped that IU made the right choice with CAM. When CRMK said the kid can coach!!! But IU fans might be not willing to wait that long. I am at the point where I want the 6th. Banner but also Know we have had teams that could. Pay me a $ 250, 000 and I could go 50% wining at IU.

9 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Think of it like this.  We are a broke Indy car.  There are only so many Indy cars available and when we were not broke, we were one of the best.  So when the opportunity to take that car comes up, there are still some drivers who think they can put together a team to make that car a winner again because only so many cars in the race have the type of engineering it does.

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Think of it like this.  We are a broke Indy car.  There are only so many Indy cars available and when we were not broke, we were one of the best.  So when the opportunity to take that car comes up, there are still some drivers who think they can put together a team to make that car a winner again because only so many cars in the race have the type of engineering it does.

What if we’re a NASCAR kinda team 😄

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That’s a good analogy 

4 hours ago, Bustout said:

Do you really think Archie feels that way?  A competitive person. The coach of one of the best programs in hoops.  A very coveted job.  Do you think he’s actively looking to get out?  

I personally don’t.  While I realize he hasn’t won much here, I think he wants to win here.     

Yes, I agree that he wants to win but, as you have pointed out, he knew the expectations coming in and has to feel the weight of realizing  that 6th, 9th, 10th, 10th is not REMOTELY  CLOSE to what the fans and his bosses  expected. 
He is human and looks beaten down. I’m not sure why you can’t accept the possibility that maybe he realizes this isn’t worth it and/or knows he is in over his head and/or is thinking it was a lot more fun at a mid-major like Dayton. Competitors strive to “move up the food chain” but that isn’t a good decision for everyone.

Kudos to a guy like Few that realizes he is in his “happy place” at a place that does not come with the pressure of trying to turn around a former blue blood. 
Saban was built to handle a turnaround but many others aren’t built that way. 

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I get the impression, like most jobs, they said what they needed to get him and then he saw what it's really going to be like. 

Not in to quoting myself but felt to clarify. In my experience employers are trying to sell you the job as much as you are trying to sell yourself as a prospective employee.  Let's be real, both sides BS each other to get the best deal. 

I really think Archie is a good to possibly great coach and just got a raw deal. He just needs the right environment.  I went through the mud and am doing great. 

Hope with all I have in my heart that CAM figures it out. 

22 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Not in to quoting myself but felt to clarify. In my experience employers are trying to sell you the job as much as you are trying to sell yourself as a prospective employee.  Let's be real, both sides BS each other to get the best deal. 

I really think Archie is a good to possibly great coach and just got a raw deal. He just needs the right environment.  I went through the mud and am doing great. 

Hope with all I have in my heart that CAM figures it out. 

I'm not convinced he's even a good coach at this point. His offensive efficiency ratings got worse each year he was at Dayton, and that's even with the league's top teams moving to other conferences. He brought that horrendous offense with him here and it hasn't gotten any better. No reason to think it ever will. 

Wouldn’t you  like a reporter to ask, Archie how devastating is it to your team and staff an recruiting. To miss going to the NCAA tournament when the entire thing is playing in your home state. 
Also after four year of the same results  how can you sell the player on this stuff works! 

12 hours ago, Bustout said:

Give Mike Davis a call and ask him if he was ready to get out.  He led us to a title game appearance CAM has led us to obscurity.  I could see him ready to get out of Dodge 

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Give Mike Davis a call and ask him if he was ready to get out.  He led us to a title game appearance CAM has led us to obscurity.  I could see him ready to get out of Dodge 

Two completely different personalities.  Being the head coach at IU isn’t for everyone, but Archie has the mental fortitude for it and the thick skin imo 

Archived