It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

1 hour ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Wouldn’t you  like a reporter to ask, Archie how devastating is it to your team and staff an recruiting. To miss going to the NCAA tournament when the entire thing is playing in your home state. 
Also after four year of the same results  how can you sell the player on this stuff works! 

Better yet...hes made 12 million over the last 4 years...maybe someone should ask him if hes been worth it 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Two completely different personalities.  Being the head coach at IU isn’t for everyone, but Archie has the mental fortitude for it and the thick skin imo 

Archie has been in over his head when it comes to coaching against other B1G coaches since year number 1. I don't think that he has the mental fortitude for the job. Any coach has to have thick skin or else they can't be a coach at any level. 

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Are there any legs to Archie telling is mentor, Thad Matta that he wants out? It does seem a little unusual and a bit farfetched. Obviously, there have been many different things said that may or may not be true. I just find this one strangely intriguing. 🤔

I can see it. But it was a rumor that supposedly came from someone related to Matta. So it was at least 3rd or 4th hand information so who knows how accurate it was. That said it's still interesting. It also isn't far fetched that people around the state could be hearing things from Matta since he's living in Indy. 

40 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I disagree whole heartedly. As you can see it has not been for Archie either. Over his head since day 1

Well agree to disagree my friend.  I see that Archie is extremely frustrated in his teams performance/results.  I don’t think he’s frustrated that he’s the coach at IU.  

3 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I’m back on the Beilein train. Yes he’s old, but his Michigan teams played exactly how I wanted us to . They spread the floor, push the ball and played defense. I don’t know what else you could ask for. 

It’s a heckuva bandaid even for 7-8 years or so

12 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I’m back on the Beilein train. Yes he’s old, but his Michigan teams played exactly how I wanted us to . They spread the floor, push the ball and played defense. I don’t know what else you could ask for. 

He's way too old and takes at least several years to get his system in place.  I doubt he'd be able to recruit either after his thugs comment.  Every other coach would use that against him.  Drew, Musselman, Beard, and Mack should really be the only ones under consideration. 

13 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Would Fife come with him with the agreement the keys are his in 4-8 years?

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

He's way too old and takes at least several years to get his system in place.  I doubt he'd be able to recruit either after his thugs comment.  Every other coach would use that against him.  Drew, Musselman, Beard, and Mack should really be the only ones under consideration. 

Agree, but this off-season is a full in free agency.  He can literally accelerate a rebuild by August 1st.   

it’s not a great long term solution, but with this off-season, definitely a different wrinkle than normal. 

The point I’m mostly trying to get at it is you don’t see a coach-in-waiting scenario play out very often, and if it happens it isn’t the way it’s described. If you’re confident enough to bring Fife on in that scenario, you’re better off making him the head coach and trying to convince someone like Belein (a la Martelli at Michigan) to be the assistant to help the HC get their footing. 

6 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

The point I’m mostly trying to get at it is you don’t see a coach-in-waiting scenario play out very often, and if it happens it isn’t the way it’s described. If you’re confident enough to bring Fife on in that scenario, you’re better off making him the head coach and trying to convince someone like Belein (a la Martelli at Michigan) to be the assistant to help the HC get their footing. 

That's a scenario that I think is interesting. Now would IU do it with Fife, Lewis, Calbert, or someone else who knows but I would at least be something to look at if the big names or top targets say no. 

30 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I believe John had a conference record of something like 30 and 42 in his first 4 seasons at Michigan.  Would we allow him a 5th year after a start like that?

1 hour ago, Bustout said:

Two completely different personalities.  Being the head coach at IU isn’t for everyone, but Archie has the mental fortitude for it and the thick skin imo 

Fair enough but if CAM is back next year and things don;t progress he will have wished that he was fired this year.  As far as the thick skin and mental fortitude what makes you so positive about that. I have never heard 1 comment from him that sounded like it came from the heart it all sounds scripted right out of the how to master coach speak. I could write the article after the game without watching the game or hearing his presser. It's always the same.  

44 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

I believe John had a conference record of something like 30 and 42 in his first 4 seasons at Michigan.  Would we allow him a 5th year after a start like that?

Beilein also made the NCAA Tournament two times in that span and a won the first round game both times.

46 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Yes I would because he won won at West Virginia,  but more importantly and what I see people cherry pick stats to prove a point but in first 4 years he made the tournament 2 times and had a team that won 21 games in year 4 so why fire the guy that was on the verge on winning the Big in year 5  other than to try and compare the 2 which is laughable at best. Not an apples to apples comparison after 4 years. If JB had lost 12 of 13 in year 2 and then lose 5 or 6 in a row to end year 4 then get his butt out of there as well

2 minutes ago, aaprice14 said:

Beilein also made the NCAA Tournament two times in that span and a won the first round game both times.

He also didn't have to deal with a pandemic year...and the argument on this site is that at year 4 he should be contending for a B1G championship, not mired in the middle of the pack...

Archived