It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, madmax said:

Pretty depressing season.

I've long been vocal for his return, but I would tend to agree that next year could be really, really ugly if he returns. I understand I'm in the minority, but I still believe that he could turn it around here and consider me far less then optimistic about the next hire.  Regardless, I think that Dolson's hand is effectively going to be forced to make this move, even if he doesn't want to. I think if we had won tonight, or against Purdue, or really any one or two of the last 6 games that this would be a different story, but this honestly feels worse than the end of the Crean era. The losing streak, the boos, the Big Ten record are all important, but it's not just that-its the way we've been losing that really kills you.

The only question now really seems to be when, not if, he will be fired.

Tomorrow wouldn’t be soon enough.

51 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm pretty sure I began posting on the old Scout site during the Crean coaching search. 

That's 13 years I've been posting on some version of HSN. IU has made the tournament 4 times. 

IU is basically Clemson, Nebraska or Wake Forest at this point. 

Sorry to quote myself, but just looked it up.

Since I began posting on HSN on the old scout site... 

Clemson has made the same amount of NCAA Tournaments as Indiana.

Colorado has made the same amount.

Miami has made the same amount.

Kansas State has made TWICE as many as IU.

Ole Miss has made one less.

Wake Forest has made 1 less.

5 minutes ago, madmax said:

Pretty depressing season.

I've long been vocal for his return, but I would tend to agree that next year could be really, really ugly if he returns. I understand I'm in the minority, but I still believe that he could turn it around here and consider me far less then optimistic about the next hire.  Regardless, I think that Dolson's hand is effectively going to be forced to make this move, even if he doesn't want to. I think if we had won tonight, or against Purdue, or really any one or two of the last 6 games that this would be a different story, but this honestly feels worse than the end of the Crean era. The losing streak, the boos, the Big Ten record are all important, but it's not just that-its the way we've been losing that really kills you.

The only question now really seems to be when, not if, he will be fired.

Tomorrow wouldn’t be soon enough.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I am on record as wanting a change....but....this is dumb.  Seriously, did tonight turn out much differently than anyone expected?  This has been the story for 4 years.  Just don't go to the games.  Booing the team or this nonsense from adults just makes the fanbase look like jack asses.

That being said, my current mood is the Bob Knight "sick and tired of losing to Purdue" rant right now.

1 minute ago, madmax said:

Very curious what Fred Glass thinks about all of this. Even up until recently hes been diehard in his support of Archie, not that I would expect any different from the man who hired him.

He's glad he left in time for this to be Scott's mess and not his.

Frustrating to hear Archie talking about player fatigue and dealing with injuries. Nobody forced Archie to play with 11 scholarship players the past two seasons. 

Maybe if he didnt self-impose a scholarship limit on his team they'd be in a better position to manage fatigue and injuries.

It's just nonsense the way he's set up his roster and there is nobody to blame but himself.

3 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Frustrating to hear Archie talking about player fatigue and dealing with injuries. Nobody forced Archie to play with 11 scholarship players the past two seasons. 

Maybe if he didnt self-impose a scholarship limit on his team they'd be in a better position to manage fatigue and injuries.

It's just nonsense the way he's set up his roster and there is nobody to blame but himself.

Yep no reason to go into a season with 11 scholarship athletes. Especially with 4 of them being freshmen 

35 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Sorry to quote myself, but just looked it up.

Since I began posting on HSN on the old scout site... 

Clemson has made the same amount of NCAA Tournaments as Indiana.

Colorado has made the same amount.

Miami has made the same amount.

Kansas State has made TWICE as many as IU.

Ole Miss has made one less.

Wake Forest has made 1 less.

I don't know what to do laugh or cry

Archived